Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I can't play Tamriel Unlimited (vanilla) because of Morrowind

IVoo
IVoo
✭✭✭
I have Tamriel Unlimited (digital version) on the PS4. I'm unable to login into the vanilla game because it keeps prompting me to use a retail code, or buy from the PSN store, the Morrowind DLC in order to proceed. I don't want to buy Morrowind at this time, but only want to see and play my old characters and login into the vanilla version of the game - Tamriel Unlimited. I've bought the Elder Scrolls Online on three different platforms now (PC, PS4, and Xbox One) and have been playing since beta. It's my understanding that the Morrowind DLC is NOT mandatory in order to play the base game (Tamriel Unlimited). But that's not the case here, I literally cannot login into the game (on PS4 platform), it just keeps asking for a retail code or to buy the Morrowind DLC from the PSN store in order to proceed. I'm stuck on that screen and can't do anything else, hence rendering my vanilla version of Tamriel Unlimited completely unplayable.

I have continually hit the "O" button to advance past the mandatory Morrowind screen asking for a retail code or to buy the Morrowind DLC from the PSN Store, to no avail and to much frustration. This is unacceptable.

Please help, this has been extremely frustrating and upsetting.

Thank you for your time.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm sorry to hear that.

I hope you get helped with this issue.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Try more buttons?
  • IVoo
    IVoo
    ✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »
    Try more buttons?

I've tried everything, including every damn button on the DS4. I've even deleted and reinstalled the game twice over, and let me tell you that is one gigantic reinstall (digitally).

It's just a continuous loop that asks for a retail code or to buy Morrowind from the PSN Store in order to advance.

• Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look for a simple continue option towards the bottom of the screen.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • IVoo
    IVoo
    ✭✭✭
    Sigtric wrote: »
    Look for a simple continue option towards the bottom of the screen.

Yes, I've seen that at the bottom of the screen since trying to login from the onset. The button prompt (on the DS4) associated with continuing is the "O" (circle) button on the controller. Once hitting the button, it just reverts back to the Morrowind screen asking for a retail code or to buy the Morrowind DLC from the PSN Store. Over and over again.

It's stuck on a continuous loop with that Morrowind splash screen asking for the retail codes or to purchase it. I've tried every button on the controller, backing out, closing the application over 50 times and restarting, but it simply will not go any further than the Morrowind screen prompts.

• RouDeR
    RouDeR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    try to inverse some of your keys in the system settings , maybe its a ZOS bug , that they f*ed up the back (O) key , try to inverse what O and X do and mby u will be able to login
  • IVoo
    IVoo
    ✭✭✭
    RouDeR wrote: »
    try to inverse some of your keys in the system settings , maybe its a ZOS bug , that they f*ed up the back (O) key , try to inverse what O and X do and mby u will be able to login

Thanks, I will try that.

• IVoo
    IVoo
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks everybody, finally got past it.

This time around I unplugged my external HDD, and then deleted the game and did a fresh install.

I left my PS4 on instead of putting it into rest mode while the game was downloading (monitoring as it went). Lo and behold, I could skip the Morrowind screen.

I assume that some of the data got corrupted or there was a bug when I downloaded the v1.25 patch prior. At any rate, it's working now.

• RouDeR
    RouDeR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the Laggowind than :))
  • SurrealSi
    SurrealSi
    Soul Shriven
    IVoo wrote: »
    I have Tamriel Unlimited (digital version) on the PS4. I'm unable to login into the vanilla game because it keeps prompting me to use a retail code, or buy from the PSN store, the Morrowind DLC in order to proceed. I don't want to buy Morrowind at this time, but only want to see and play my old characters and login into the vanilla version of the game - Tamriel Unlimited. I've bought the Elder Scrolls Online on three different platforms now (PC, PS4, and Xbox One) and have been playing since beta. It's my understanding that the Morrowind DLC is NOT mandatory in order to play the base game (Tamriel Unlimited). But that's not the case here, I literally cannot login into the game (on PS4 platform), it just keeps asking for a retail code or to buy the Morrowind DLC from the PSN store in order to proceed. I'm stuck on that screen and can't do anything else, hence rendering my vanilla version of Tamriel Unlimited completely unplayable.

I have continually hit the "O" button to advance past the mandatory Morrowind screen asking for a retail code or to buy the Morrowind DLC from the PSN Store, to no avail and to much frustration. This is unacceptable.

Please help, this has been extremely frustrating and upsetting.

Thank you for your time.

I was glad to come across this thread as I thought I was going mad!!!
    Exact same problem as had downloaded and deleted 6 times in sleep mode, then saw this post and low and behold, I can now play tamriel unlimited. Such a frustrating 5 days of banging my head against the wall and nearly crushing my controller in anger lol.
    Cheers!!!!!!!!!
    Surrealsi.
  • Chuey72
    Chuey72
    Soul Shriven
    I think it is GARBAGE that the Morrowind DLC is NOT shared throughout my console... like ALL other DLC that I have purchased in other games.
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do you refund the digital download, I have friend with save issue having uninstalled he being asked to reguybtge game again, it's shows as unavailable in store as he has bought it ...but it doesn't show in his library