The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Trials for Dummies (like me)

Magnhilds
Magnhilds
Soul Shriven
Hi all! Just wanted to touch base here.
I am one of those players who is near maximum level, completed Cadwell Gold but just can't coop with PvP (IC/Craglorn) and Trials. Most social guilds cover it all, but all on certain days, and I always tend to miss out on the "exact" activities I want. And when I finally found a group, I am not experienced enough to join them, as they are VET / Speed farm etc etc.
So I have come up with an idea that I have not seen on here before... I would like to see a guild that only covers ONE objective with NO restrictions to the guild itself. If there is enough support, I will start it as well, and therefor I wanted to ask you all first if there is any interest for it.

So I would start a guild, say possibly "Aetherian Archive for everyone", and I would see it as follows:
- Members only join the guild to farm/learn/play the "Aetherian Archive" trial (think learning 1 gives a bit of know how for the others as well, although I might be wrong).
- No daily logins, donations, teamspeak etc required.
- Hopefully it would see a mixture of people, experienced and unexperienced so we can all learn together the ins and outs of this trial.
- If people chat ingame, it is Aetherian Archive related.

You get the point, it would be a guild PURELY for this trial, and nothing else.
Would there be any support for this idea? Either from Trial Beginner side (like myself) as well as some guru's that can teach us the ins and outs?
As a trial needs 12 people, I think you need a tenfold of that to have it going as intended (daily trial runs as people play different days on different times).

Please comment on here or if any questions, feel free to message me ingame @FrejaMagnhild.
Thanks for reading :)
  • Dextail
    Dextail
    ✭✭✭
    Okay i will say a few things but in the end i am actually interested in joining

I can Main tank, heal and dps (530cp) have completed vAA and vHRC

Simply running your guild as a everyone can come sorta thing wont work as in vet trials even to learn then you need to have people who are "able" in games. By that i mean can learn tactics and also have reasonable good gear, with reasonable high cp. I don't mean you need to have "elite" players to complete a vet trial but you need to have people who can follow instructions of the tank or raid leader and also deal reasonable dps.

on the note of dps. Most raid guilds want like 30-40k single target dps per person. You wont get that with average joe's. You will need to set aside some free time to help them learn rotations and also how to dps. You would think this isnt a thing but alot of people barely come over 10k dps pure single target. believe me when i say "random veteran dungs" can take forever some times, and vet trials with really bad dps will result in 2-3hour runs, mainly due to heavy number of wipes. Players (in my opinion) will need to be able to hit around or above 20k dps single target self buffed for it to be reasonable. I know "dps testing" isnt friendly to your vAA for everyone attitude, but people will struggle to pass the first boss if you go much under that number you have to remember that this isn't a dung, in trials most bosses have atleast 1 wipe mechanic if not several meaning the longer the fights are the higher the chances of a wipe happening.

[Ignore this realise you said Ts3 in post]-
    Lastly you will need discord (or Ts3) as i imagine this guild would attract more people who have only ever done normal trials, what this means is they wont know any of the boss mechanics and will wipe. they wont need a mic, but discord (or ts3) and some head phones to listen to people moan will work fine

As for "Aetherian Archive and learning one will help with the others" yes vAA is the most forgiving trial, by this i mean less dps tests and easier to do but by no means a cake walk for inexperienced

If after my moan you still are okay with me joining @Dextail
    Edited by Dextail on June 14, 2017 6:50AM
  • Magnhilds
    Magnhilds
    Soul Shriven
    I really appreciate the reply! Having looked at some "walk-throughs" I totally see where you're coming from and even totally agree as well. I do think the trials split the community into 2.
    - You got the "Die-Hards" that play virtually 7 days a week, run through all the trials as they were the first beginners level. They all own mansions with training dolls, know exactly what damage they do as they have the right add-ons but get to bed around 22:00 on week nights.
    - Then you got the more mature group including the middle aged ones (yes, I am almost 47 as well haha). We play when we can, sometimes work keeps them away for a few days, and sometimes they play at the later hours of the day. They like to play all, and get all the achievements. Getting Cadwell gold and even Master Angler are no problems for them. But when it comes to trials and PvP we are in unknown territory. The abbreviations on chat go too far (i.e. vMOH-300+). We play late when the kids are in bed, which means it's quieter on the server but also means we can't have a laugh out loud on teamspeak or Discord as our beloved kids are in bed (but yes, of course we CAN listen)

Now, would like to know if there is a middleway....
    I don't think it's our characters (i.e. I am healer, almost fully kitted Wormcult and SpellPower Cure with the right healing-/supportive skills). It is just the unknowing that holds me back for the trials (which addons to use to gain more inside, someone who can tell me tactics and how to tackle these bosses etc. Same as PvP, I get slaughtered. I think it is knowledge that holds me back (would love to unlock the Warhorn one day!)

Maybe there is "trial/PvP" guild around focussed on people like me that need to learn before we can get on with the mainstream. I haven't found one yet.

There haven't been much interest on this post yet, but I know I am not alone.
    Thanks Dextail for your constructive feedback, absolutely no moan. Very informative!
    (I might add you for a possible future trial venture!)
  • Astarana
    Astarana
    ✭✭✭
    I really appreciate the reply! Having looked at some "walk-throughs" I totally see where you're coming from and even totally agree as well. I do think the trials split the community into 2.
    - You got the "Die-Hards" that play virtually 7 days a week, run through all the trials as they were the first beginners level. They all own mansions with training dolls, know exactly what damage they do as they have the right add-ons but get to bed around 22:00 on week nights.
    - Then you got the more mature group including the middle aged ones (yes, I am almost 47 as well haha). We play when we can, sometimes work keeps them away for a few days, and sometimes they play at the later hours of the day. They like to play all, and get all the achievements. Getting Cadwell gold and even Master Angler are no problems for them. But when it comes to trials and PvP we are in unknown territory. The abbreviations on chat go too far (i.e. vMOH-300+). We play late when the kids are in bed, which means it's quieter on the server but also means we can't have a laugh out loud on teamspeak or Discord as our beloved kids are in bed (but yes, of course we CAN listen)

Now, would like to know if there is a middleway....
    I don't think it's our characters (i.e. I am healer, almost fully kitted Wormcult and SpellPower Cure with the right healing-/supportive skills). It is just the unknowing that holds me back for the trials (which addons to use to gain more inside, someone who can tell me tactics and how to tackle these bosses etc. Same as PvP, I get slaughtered. I think it is knowledge that holds me back (would love to unlock the Warhorn one day!)

Maybe there is "trial/PvP" guild around focussed on people like me that need to learn before we can get on with the mainstream. I haven't found one yet.

There haven't been much interest on this post yet, but I know I am not alone.
    Thanks Dextail for your constructive feedback, absolutely no moan. Very informative!
    (I might add you for a possible future trial venture!)

I am definitely with you on that one. I'm an older person with kids, who plays when they are in bed and can't use mic because that would wake them up. I think I have ran Elden once on my main char which is 270CP. That was my only experience with any group content and I just can't seem to find a "right time" to even try running any.
    I have no idea what DPS I'm putting out, but I'm pretty sure they are far from being a top ones. And that also stops me from trying because I don't want to hear how bad I am (which I might agree with).