The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Unable to resurrect player (I've managed to reproduce the bug)

MLGProPlayer
MLGProPlayer
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
There is a pretty major bug right now that doesn't let you (or anyone else on the team) resurrect another player inside a dungeon instance. I am not sure if it affects trials as well.

Here is how it occurs:

1. Player A dies
2. Player B tries to resurrect player A but gets killed right before they complete the resurrection
3. Player B will now have the resurrection bar stuck on their screen until they reload UI (see screenshot below)
4. Player A will still be dead, but no one on the team will be able to resurrect them anymore (it will say "Cannot ressurect player, player is being resurrected")

This bug is especially problematic because even if you wipe, and restart the fight, the player who died initially will still be bugged (no one will be able to resurrect them if they die again). We tried reloading UI (everyone in the instance) and we still couldn't resurrect the bugged player when they died. It seems the only way to clear the bug is to reset the entire instance.

I've had the bug occur twice now this week.

Screenshot of bugged UI:

EVmVNhD.jpg
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just had it happen without dying while resurrecting while resurrecting this time. Same symptoms though.

The resurrection completed, but the rez bar didn't disappear from my UI and the dead player was stuck (no one could rez them anymore).
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on June 13, 2017 11:47PM
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks for the report, @MLGProPlayer. If you happen to have a video showing exactly how you're doing this (or, rather, how you can't do it) that would help a ton. We're attempting to reproduce the issue based on your steps, but unfortunately can't seem to get it to happen on our end.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the report, @MLGProPlayer. If you happen to have a video showing exactly how you're doing this (or, rather, how you can't do it) that would help a ton. We're attempting to reproduce the issue based on your steps, but unfortunately can't seem to get it to happen on our end.

I'll set nvidia to record the next few dungeons I do. Hopefully the bug will show up again.
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This bug doesn't only occur in dungeons but PVP, too.

I myself reported this 3 times already (ingame, and in the german as well as english part of the forum).

@ZOS_GinaBruno; @ZOS_KaiSchober; @ZOS_JessicaFolsom, @ZOS_GaryA, @ZOS_TristanK ... maybe you should reconsider your expectations to player-feedback, either live with the situation that bugs are reported only or hand the necessary tools for code analysis to us so we can do your job and find the bug. Everything else is not only inconsequent (and concerning the ignorance of reported bugs unless the issue coursing the bug is handed to you on a silver plate) but cheap, arrogant and lazy.

edit: If you like a further explanation about my feedback, do not hesitate to ask.

@MLGProPlayer: Thank you for all the time you put into testing! <3

Edited by Elsterchen on June 17, 2017 3:59PM
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Happened again today here..
  • Philio
    Philio
    ✭✭✭
    Still happening in 2021 :smiley: