Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How is the roleplay scene in this game? (EU)

tophatsaur
tophatsaur
✭✭
Hello, I am soon going to start playing this game as soon as I can get a computer that runs it. I used to roleplay an awful lot on Argent Dawn EU in World of Warcraft, and wondered if ESO has a decently sized roleplaying community or not, specifically on the EU realm. I imagine it is difficult due to there being no dedicated RP servers.

Thank you for any help!
  • Ostaradoe
    Ostaradoe
    ✭✭✭
    Only RP i've seen was accidentally running into a couple of ERPers in a secluded spot. I'm not sure who was more embarrassed.

Doesn't mean it doesn't exist though, I have seen some guilds advertising as RP guilds :)
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's pretty healthy from my understanding.

There is a 3rd party forums here: http://www.eso-rp.com/ where a lot of the community gets together.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO has one of the most RP friendly game development ive seen in this genre. additionally, it is alive and well in just about every low-mid level tavern.

player housing may also draw RP crowds. If you think about it: someone could purchase a lot of houses and have themed "scenes" or "sets" per house.

the Bar, the Tavern, the Brothel, the Dungeon, the Noble's House setting for things like a heist.

possibilities are endless. you just need the imagination.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• SASQUATCH0
    SASQUATCH0
    ✭✭✭✭
    How does one "roleplay" in a game like this? Like questing? Genuinely curious
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SASQUATCH0 wrote: »
    How does one "roleplay" in a game like this? Like questing? Genuinely curious
    Generally meeting other players and either doing location based RP such as bars, guild halls, markets etc. sometimes questing with one another IC however it requires a little more suspension of disbelief and communication.

Otherwise large events organised by players etc. essentially all you need to RP in an MMO is a concept of your character and the ability to type IC.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • TheSwanKing
    TheSwanKing
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a pretty avid RPer. I can tell you that most nights you will find about ten to twenty people around Wayrest. (Mages Guild or The Dregs bar.)

https://stormrp.enjin.com

This website is for a guild that is designed to get all RPers in the Daggerfall areas together. It has near Mac capacity for a guild.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ostaradoe wrote: »
    Only RP i've seen was accidentally running into a couple of ERPers in a secluded spot. I'm not sure who was more embarrassed.

Doesn't mean it doesn't exist though, I have seen some guilds advertising as RP guilds :)

leaving-now-grandpa-simpsons.gif
  • Grazzt
    Grazzt
    ✭✭✭
    If you're from EU and looking for RP, don't hesitate to check us out !

We're open to everyone, especially casual players, and we're here to provide some nice RP fun whenever you feel like it !
    We have weekly RP events, usually on Sundays, and a RP story plot that's starting to take shape !

You can take a look at our website ( http://shillienempire.shivtr.com ) or reply to our Recruitment thread ( https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/348364/rp-the-shillien-empire/ ) !
    Edited by Grazzt on June 26, 2017 11:24AM
  • Mordan
    Mordan
    Xbox one I wouldn't say so sadly.
    Would be awesome to RP with on the EU servers though