The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Am I screwed?

Gonk714
Gonk714
So I accidently used my morag tong motif, my question is why would it would use if I already own the converter? If technically I can already make everything in that style. Am I down 75k?
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not totally screwed ... but not zero damage either.

The Morag Tong converter can't transform some dropped set styles. However, the converter can convert pretty much any crafted set and a decent selection of dropped sets. In other words, the converter isn't inclusive of all sets but converts most.

In addition, if your main crafter is going to attempt master writs some day, the motif will eventually count towards the RNG chance for a master writ drop.

Maybe more obvious, your character can now simply craft the set for personal use ... or for others who may not yet have the converter or are still grinding pages in Morrowind.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on June 14, 2017 5:02AM
    Options
  • Gonk714
    Gonk714

The Morag Tong converter can't transform some dropped set styles. However, the converter can convert pretty much any crafted set and a decent selection of dropped sets. In other words, the converter isn't inclusive of all sets but converts most.

In addition, if your main crafter is going to attempt master writs some day, the motif will eventually count towards the RNG chance for a master writ drop.

Maybe more obvious, your character can now simply craft the set for personal use ... or for others who may not yet have the converter or are still grinding pages in Morrowind.

So with the converter I can't convert axes then trade em to a friend?
    Options
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maaaaaaan I would hate to accidentally use up an expensive motif
    Options
  • Gonk714
    Gonk714
    DannyLV702 wrote: »
    Maaaaaaan I would hate to accidentally use up an expensive motif

Yep that's me lol.
    Options
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

wait and you can then deconstruct those sets and sell the style mat?
    Options
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gonk714 wrote: »

Converting I'm pretty sure binds them.
    Options
  • Gonk714
    Gonk714
    Sakiri wrote: »

Ohhh, ugh alright then well I'm down 80K lol
    Options
  • psxfloh
    psxfloh
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sakiri wrote: »

Ohhh, ugh alright then well I'm down 80K lol

Yes, afaik converted items are bound!
    That means you..
    - cannot trade converted items
    - cannot complete master writs (that require imperial or morag tong style) with converted items

For one of these you actually need to have the style learned and craft the item the 'classic' way!
    Options