The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bow Heavy Attack is currently broken.

GriMTriAd
GriMTriAd
✭✭✭
Two bugs affecting bows right now:

First: Bow Heavy attack has had it's recharge time reduced but the animation is still using the old timing so holding the Left Mouse Button causes it to take longer between heavy attacks than is needed.

Second: I use a Bow/Bow build and tab targeting. Something (either swapping weapons or the highlighted target dying to another player) is causing my heavy attack recycle to stop working.

This means I get the worst of both worlds (pre-patch behavior and post patch behavior). It will charge and release the attack, and then fail to charge the next heavy attack. This behavior will stick until I unequip and re-equip my bows. I saw this on any dungeon where I was using a heavy attack rotation consistently, usually multiple times during the run.

It would unstick itself occasionally as well, whatever condition it was looking for being satisfied. I saw it often but not enough to limit the cause/resolution to anything more than a by-product of swapping in the middle of a HA charge while still holding the button (if this is it, it doesn't happen every time) or that the highlighted mob died from damage that was not mine.

Please fix as this is making Bow/Bow annoying to play.

_WAter_
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spent some time with bow last night and many times I had to click multiple times to get the heavy to start, the animation is weirdly timed, all as you say.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Hara_Surya
    Hara_Surya
    Soul Shriven
    I've had the problem that the bow heavy attack can't be held anymore (like for timing a shot) and just feels heavily nerfed.
  • GriMTriAd
    GriMTriAd
    ✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/347165/heavy-attacks-a-100-millisecond-breakdown-of-the-breakdown-of-combat#latest

Turns out it's much worse. But that's a general summary of Heavy Attacks just being broken. Hopefully this will get some dev attention and fixed before this goes live on consoles. Also ignore the assumptions in that link about heavy attacks not having their damage nerfed. While it could just be point distribution, my heavy attacks seem to be hitting less hard. Devs would need to look into that as well.

_WAter_
  • GriMTriAd
    GriMTriAd
    ✭✭✭
    It's been a couple of weeks and this still happens.

Any chance ZOS is looking into the overly long heavy attack charge up animations and the fact that you can break heavy attack auto-cycling

Kind of defeats the entire purpose of changing the way bows work if they're pretty much guaranteed to break during the instance run reducing you to a much worse version of both worlds (can't hold the bow draw and it doesn't start the next attack).

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Can we get notification that someone is looking into this?

Thanks;
    _WAter_
    Edited by GriMTriAd on June 13, 2017 6:38PM