Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Reached lv50 and already CP90, don't know where to focus

treyu86
treyu86
Hey,

I am an old ESO player, played when it launched, then left and returned many times till a few months back that I decided to really focus on it as my main game. I finished levelling my character to lv50, finished all my faction quest zones and main story quests and guild story quests, and then Morrowind launched. I had bought a pre order, and I also have all DLCs. So once I reached lv50, I was not sure if I should do DLC content, do Cadwell silver/gold or what. The point is, as I saw Morrowind story was linked somehow to Dark Brotherhood, I decided to focus on that DLC for some weeks to level the skill line and complete story quests (almost finished by now). But I have not touched Orsinium, Imperial City, Maelstrom Arena,Thieves Guild, Craglorn and Morrowing yet. In a short time I will be CP160, where I can start grinding for endgame gear, I know that, while I continue levelling CPs till 630. But the thing is, should I do Orsinium first? Morrowing directly? the other 2 factions (which means LOT of content and I am not sure if I can handle doing just that all over again as it is similar as doing my own faction again)? I also know i should start doing undaaunted dailys to get keys so that at CP160 I can start getting monster sets.

So any advice or direction please?
  • fractalknight
    fractalknight
    ✭✭
    I would just play. Closing Dark Anchors always gives you loot, so do the daily guild quests. Morrowind should take about 30 hours to go through. I would do that to see what they have. Now that the loot is leveled you should get nice usable stuff doing whatever you like.
    Tarkus Aquila - Imperial Templar
    Klaaz - Khajit Nightblade
    Fractiz - Altmer Sorcerer
    Jonsir Vheti - Dunmer Dragonknight
    Kills-With-Grin - Argonian Dragonknight

Myrddin the Mystic - Breton Warden

PS4 ESOTU Adventurer since June 2015
  • drakhan2002_ESO
    drakhan2002_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since your loot drops are tied to your current level/CP, grind for CP160 gear won't do you any good. Once you do hit CP160, then you can start grinding. Depending on exactly what your class is and your meta (stamina/magicka) is going to determine which zone and dropped gear sets you should be focused on.

That said - what is your class and meta?

Until you get to CP160, focus on getting skyshards and leveling your guilds (FG and MG). These can be easily done by closing dolmens (for FG) and getting lorebooks (MG). They make an addon called "Lorebooks" for the lorebooks, get it! For FG head to Alik'r and do the dolmen circuit (easy to find a group for this). As to the Skyshards, get the addon "Skyshards" and get as many skill points as you can.

If you're really inclinded an want even more skill points, get "Destinations" addon - it has a feature to only show Cadwell's; which is nice because there are SO many quests, it is nice to focus only on the ones that lead you to those precious skillpoints.

Once you're CP160 - two nice dropped sets are: Necropotence and Spriggans (magicka and stamina respectively). Two nice crafted sets are Law of Julianos and Hunding Rage (magicka and stamina respectively).
    Edited by drakhan2002_ESO on June 13, 2017 2:25PM