Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

How do I tell how long the dungeon finder timer will be?

peteed1985
Can't seem to find an estimate thing yet I see a value for "actual:" in the queue and it's 1 hour 22 mins. Is this normal? Does the game not have an estimate?

Is the answer just "This game isn't WoW"? So low pop game makes for LFG tool taking 10 times as long?

Sadly idk the fights yet so not as if I could really tank especially being a light armor dps sorc and i'm not good at blocking especially with the latency aussies get. Might heal if I knew what I was but I don't
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no estimated time.

It depends on what you're looking for, how many people are also looking etc. If you're queuing as DPS for a specific dungeon it can take a very long time, if you queue as a healer/tank it will go very fast.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • peteed1985
    Turelus wrote: »
    There is no estimated time.

It depends on what you're looking for, how many people are also looking etc. If you're queuing as DPS for a specific dungeon it can take a very long time, if you queue as a healer/tank it will go very fast.

I just queue'd for a random while questing to level up. Went from level 16 to 17 while waiting. Most of my fun in MMO's is from dungeons and raiding so this games looking pretty crappy from this side of a 1 hour 45 mins queue.

EDIT: now at 2 hours 45 mins -_-
    Edited by peteed1985 on June 11, 2017 2:39PM
  • TomStaf11
    TomStaf11
    Usually for me it takes no more than 2 minutes, unless someone doesn't ready check and then put back in a queue but never really have to wait long.

You could set your role to all 3 which would be quicker and sometimes just re-queue after a while, maybe 5 mins, that works for me.

Also if you're in combat when the notification pops up you can't see it so you might be missing it if you're in a fight for 45 seconds or something.
    Ingame GT: TS 11 11 94
    Xbox One EU
  • peteed1985
    TomStaf11 wrote: »
    Usually for me it takes no more than 2 minutes, unless someone doesn't ready check and then put back in a queue but never really have to wait long.

You could set your role to all 3 which would be quicker and sometimes just re-queue after a while, maybe 5 mins, that works for me.

Also if you're in combat when the notification pops up you can't see it so you might be missing it if you're in a fight for 45 seconds or something.

But then i'd be a dps without the ability to tank or heal that gets put into the tanks and healing role lol
  • Silverwulfess
    Only once has it taken me 1 hour and a half then I logged.

Most times as DPS takes about 10-15 mins, sometimes straight away. I think when I waited that long must've bugged out or something, as only happened once.

Maybe try again a bit later?
  • TomStaf11
    TomStaf11
    peteed1985 wrote: »

But then i'd be a dps without the ability to tank or heal that gets put into the tanks and healing role lol

Yeah true, the other options still stand though, as above said it's probably bugged out if you're waiting that long. When you're a higher level for normal dungeons a lot of the time you don't need a healer, just cast a vigor every now and then, depends what your build is.
    Edited by TomStaf11 on June 12, 2017 12:50PM
    Ingame GT: TS 11 11 94
    Xbox One EU
  • RobbieRocket
    RobbieRocket
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a Healer but if the dungeon I want to play in is not an Undaunted Pledge for that day then the wait time can be anything from 1 to 30 minutes. It's not always fast - that's my point.

However for the daily Undaunted Pledges, it is seldom more than 2 minutes (as a Healer).

A bigger problem for me though, is actual time to get an effective group together. On "normal" level it is usually as long as the group finder takes but on "veteran" level it starts to go wrong. Often the group you join have not just formed but a rather waiting because they failed and someone left, and the group may not be good enough (level, knowledge or skill-wise), this can make for a delay before there are even 4 (for example) in the group and furthermore then, that the 4 are more effective than the 4 that failed, plus people of differing levels of patience, available time and so on. Plus, quitting on unknowns seems to me common than quitting on friends or acqaintances...

Let's just say, it's not perfect.
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Queueing for non pledges is pretty hopeless, especially as a dps. You could try to find people in zone though or just join a guild ^^
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As healer queue tend to be less than 2 minutes.
    The dungeon finder is pretty bugged too but looks better in current patch on pc.
    If it say you have been moved to front of queue its a good chance you are not actually queued anymore.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.