Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New Battlegrounds mode Chaos Ball.

Juhasow
Juhasow
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
So bethesda announced that there will be new map (Arcane University) and new ruleset (Chaos Ball) in battlegrounds. Is this what I think it is ? There is a ball in the middle of the map team need to take it and drag behind enemie line and it's possible to pass the ball to allies and there is also many teleporting , jumping places ? I loved that kind of matches in SWTOR.
Edited by Juhasow on June 12, 2017 8:06PM
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    hype!
  • Loves_guars
    Loves_guars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Time to learn how to pvp in ESO! :#
  • Wayshuba
    Wayshuba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this is what I think it is Battlegrounds just got me excited. I loved - absolutely loved - playing Huttball in SWTOR. If ESO is adding a BG like that, count me as one excited now!
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wayshuba wrote: »
    If this is what I think it is Battlegrounds just got me excited. I loved - absolutely loved - playing Huttball in SWTOR. If ESO is adding a BG like that, count me as one excited now!

Same here I liked huttball the most yet I am wondering how it would look like in 3 teams match.
    Edited by Juhasow on June 12, 2017 8:08PM
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »
    Is this what I think it is ? There is a ball in the middle of the map team need to take it and drag behind enemie line and it's possible to pass the ball to allies and there is also many teleporting , jumping places ?

Can you explain more how that works?
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If only the grp queue worked eh?
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Loves_guars
    Loves_guars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this what I think it is ? There is a ball in the middle of the map team need to take it and drag behind enemie line and it's possible to pass the ball to allies and there is also many teleporting , jumping places ?

Basically is like football (american or soccer). The ball spawns in the middle of the field, and you have to grab it and take it to the end of the opposite side from where your team spawns. Everyone can see who is carrying the ball, he is marked with a big beam. If they kill you the enemy team takes the ball so you need to pass it quick to another teammate.

First team to reach 6 scores wins or the one with more scores when the timer stops.

When you carry the ball you lose it if you stealth, but you can use gap closers abilities. There are also fire pits where you can push the ball carrier to get the ball.

It's very fun and a team-work based map, and the main reason I played swtor. :)
    Same here I liked huttball the most yet I am wondering how it would look like in 3 teams match.

Also wondering this... :neutral:
    Edited by Loves_guars on June 12, 2017 8:40PM
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1st of all in SWTOR it's 2 teams match. There is map with many traps (acid pools , flames spawning from time to time lot of scaffordings etc) , place where when You step You'll be shooted into the air. At the middle of the map there is a ball. You pick it up and Your team job is to drag that ball behind enemie line. Enemies can kill You , push You into acid or flames or down from scaffording. You can pass the ball to allies within ~30 meters range but if for example You throw the ball and enemie will push Your ally from place where it'll land or kill ally he can take the ball. It's lot of tactical thinking in using skills and area and also lot of fun.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

Yeah... group finder
  • Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesnt matter if still cant enter bg with a team...
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope movement abilities and stealth are disabled while carrying the ball.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exciting if it is a Huttball like mode. At least until they add a proc set that has a 10% chance to automatically teleport you to the goal line.
  • shauny.gibbsb16_ESO
    For the more aged gamers like myself, it's like speedball but hopefully with platforms, should be fun.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope movement abilities and stealth are disabled while carrying the ball.

Stealth yes but movement no.
  • Kaladin_Ninefingers
    Sage pulls (you can pull a teammate) and guardian leaps (you can leap to a teammate) were some of the most fun things about huttball for me. Does eso have similar abilities? I'll still new to the game. I think wardens can teleport allies? If yes, time to level a warden.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sage pulls (you can pull a teammate) and guardian leaps (you can leap to a teammate) were some of the most fun things about huttball for me. Does eso have similar abilities? I'll still new to the game. I think wardens can teleport allies? If yes, time to level a warden.

Warden can teleport allies and enemies and also teleport himself to allies. Sorcerer (which have blink similar to scoundrel/operative roll dodge)+warden combo can be nice if Chaos Ball would be similar to Huttball.
    Edited by Juhasow on June 14, 2017 3:20PM
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Warden can teleport allies and enemies and also teleport himself to allies. Sorcerer (which have blink similar to scoundrel/operative roll dodge)+warden combo can be nice if Chaos Ball would be similar to Huttball.

Stam build with the new set with extra defense while sprinting. Would be a good reason to build for speed and tanking
  • rudimentxb14_ESO
    rudimentxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

The sage was my jam in Swtor. Complete beast mode in Huttball.
  • Fake Remedy
    Fake Remedy
    ✭✭✭
    Queues aside. This is great news. Nice work ZOS.
    Fake Remedy

yt. Fake_Remedy
    twitch. Fake_Remedy
    discord. fake_remedy#3254
    e. fake_remedy@hotmail.com
  • Chantclaire
    Chantclaire
    ✭✭✭
    my new game mode will be queuing for chaos ball
    Everyone has a plan, until their plan gets nerfed

Apparently the only Stamplar left on PC EU
  • Trashkan
    Trashkan
    ✭✭✭
    Fix your game before you implement more please.
  • Mumyo
    Mumyo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

There will be more game modes u can not play, isn't that awesome?
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Unfortunately even if queues worked, there is a very good chance its going to be another stupid 3 way bg.