Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[renamed title] PC NA magblad Needs help practicing against Viper/Selene stambaldes.

CavalryPK
CavalryPK
✭✭✭✭✭
Apparently just understanding how the build works is not enough. I get murdered because i am unable to land bursts properly due to dodge rolls and LOSing.

I already have 2 amazing folks practicing with me.

I seriously need some more practice with other folks. If you are a viper/Selen stamblade i would greatly appreciate if you could spend some time fighting me for the sake of getting better.

My play time is usually between 9 pm and 11 pm pacific time.

Much love,
Edited by CavalryPK on June 11, 2017 8:00PM
THE CAVELRY HAS ARRIVED! Cav is a professional magblade, (in his not so professional opinion). He is immortal and is fighting for the Pact since 2E 572, amidst the turmoil of the Second Akaviri Invasion. He protects the provinces of Skyrim, Morrowind and Black Marsh.

Check out his PVP YouTube channel !

https://youtube.com/TheCavalryPK
  • SPE825
    SPE825
    ✭✭✭
    Heavy Armor + Shield Stacking. Works well for me in Battlegrounds, where that stuff is the worst. I wear 5 heavy Seducer, 5 Lich and 2 pirate skeleton monster set. Great in all PvP except maybe duels.

Now poisons? That's a whole other story. What usually kills me in battleground is when I get stun-locked by 3 or 4 opponents and poisons are involved. Can't stack shields if you're out of magicka. I need to get better about streaking out of that stuff.
    Edited by SPE825 on June 12, 2017 4:13AM
  • CherryCake
    CherryCake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SPE825 wrote: »
    Heavy Armor + Shield Stacking. Works well for me in Battlegrounds, where that stuff is the worst. I wear 5 heavy Seducer, 5 Lich and 2 pirate skeleton monster set. Great in all PvP except maybe duels.

Now poisons? That's a whole other story. What usually kills me in battleground is when I get stun-locked but 3 or 4 opponents and poisons are invoked. Can't stack shields if your out of magicka. I need to get better about streaking out of that stuff.
    tumblr_mkhps4J3Lw1rnikqmo2_250.gif
    I like sweetrolls and I cannot lie
  • Miruku
    Miruku
    ✭✭✭
    Reroll me on whatever server you on babe <3
  • CavalryPK
    CavalryPK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Updated title to say my class and server
    THE CAVELRY HAS ARRIVED! Cav is a professional magblade, (in his not so professional opinion). He is immortal and is fighting for the Pact since 2E 572, amidst the turmoil of the Second Akaviri Invasion. He protects the provinces of Skyrim, Morrowind and Black Marsh.

• MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How to prepare for encounters with viper/Selen stamblades in BGs:

1. Apply copious lube

2. Clinch teeth

3. Think happy thoughts
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • CavalryPK
    CavalryPK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How to prepare for encounters with viper/Selen stamblades in BGs:

1. Apply copious lube

2. Clinch teeth

3. Think happy thoughts

@MurderMostFoul ,

advice Too late bro. been doing that for a while now.

• Jamini
    Jamini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How to counter proctards:

1. Run with their counter (a good tank.)

Seriously. A teammate with high heath who can interrupt, root, snare, and distract a proctard will almost always result in a win against them. Multiple-proc builds rely completely on killing their target in one or two rotations. When they can't do that, they are little more than a squishy pinata of points/AP.

Assuming you have a decent tanky buddy with you, two proc builds won't kill them fast enough that you can't counter-burst one of them down. Then it's a 2v1 and the last guy is easy prey. If your tanky buddy runs guard on you it's even more one-sided.

DKs and Heavy Templars are the natural predator of procblades, just like Magsorcs/Magwardens/Good Magblades are the counter for tanked DKs and Templars. Pick one up for your queue buddy and watch fights play out totally differently.
    "Adapt. or Die."
  • Jawasa
    Jawasa
    ✭✭✭
    @Jamini why would a procblades normaly run 3k regen so unless you manage to pressure them or make them overextend They can just dodge and cloak then attack again with procs and outsustain most builds. But a tank do counter bad procblades i'm doing it on my magdk but good ones are very hard to catch.
  • Jamini
    Jamini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jawasa wrote: »
    @Jamini why would a procblades normaly run 3k regen so unless you manage to pressure them or make them overextend They can just dodge and cloak then attack again with procs and outsustain most builds. But a tank do counter bad procblades i'm doing it on my magdk but good ones are very hard to catch.

Er, procblades most certainly don't run anywhere close to 3k regen. Getting your regen up to that level requires at least two sustain sets or running sustain food. (Eternal Hunt is popular). A proper procblade is going to be running Selene's + Viper + Widow or something similar for maximum burst and is going to run if their alpha-strike fails to hit.

As for cloak, it's *** easy to completely negate. Doubly so for a tank.

DK alone can do the following to catch a NB in stealth:

1. Detect Pots
    2. Volatile armor (undodgable, knocks enemy out of stealth)
    3. Either version of talons (can't be dodged, can be avoided with CC immunity, knocks out of stealth and roots)
    4. Caltrops (Undodgable, snares, large radius)
    5. Eruption/Cinder Storm (Not so popular right now but it lasts forever and has a nice snare and an undodgable DOT)
    6. Lightning staff heavies (for you mDKs)
    7. Magelight (for you mDKs)
    8. Damage poisons
    9. Detection poisons

Also to be honest, you don't really need a lot of damage or cripple a procblade. Nightblades overall are relatively fragile unless explicitly built as tanks, and procblades are moreso due to focusing their gear into procs. I'll admit, I happily run tremorscale on my tank on top of my defensive/regen sets, and the damage from that plus my native damage is more than enough to kill a procblade. Now, templar/DK is a very different fight (that often ends in a draw.)
    "Adapt. or Die."
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you think proc blades are bad, you have fought a heavy armor DW DK using vipers and Selene. Not only do they keep the pressure up with DoTs on top of those procs, but they're incredibly tanky on top of it, and since all they do is heavy attack weave they have zero sustain issues.