The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

EP don't bother with Almalexia on PC/NA.

colec74
colec74
If you're EP and in the Almalexia campaign don't even bother. There's a group of EP that are riding around grinding out AP for their "next in line for Emperor" and then actively trying to take all the keeps. Then they lay down and let DC take it back so the next in line can get it. So if you are in this campaign, and not in that group, you are helping them if you are taking keeps, but they won't help you defend once one of them is crowned Emperor. That's why there have been so many Emperor changes since the campaign started. [snip]

@ZOS_GinaBruno I know this isn't the way it was supposed to work. Anything that can be done?

[Edit for Naming & Shaming]
Edited by ZOS_Bill on May 29, 2017 4:48PM
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Name and shame might censor those two. You also shouldn't mention them at all, since this is blatantly selling an emporership...
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was this type of emp swapping done on Wabbajack at launch.

This was a long time ago, but I had a few guildies that i wanted to add in their member notes that they were former emperors, so i asked what was the date of their achievement and what server. it was all like August 2014 Wabbajack - three people same day, same server. lol so obvious. i didnt say anything and eventually one fessed up to it in casual conversation.

look, at the end of the day - if thats how you roll. its whatever but even that player knew that he didnt earn it and it did in fact weigh on him. He wanted to get emperor again the "legit" way to validate himself.

You only hurt yourself when you get Emperor that way.

Ive been emperor 4 times. in the same week. I have never coordinated wit hthe enemy faction to obtain it. out of those 4 times i can only truthfully say i earned it 2 times. I fought tooth and nail for it. was in over my head. and made some enemies. but at the end of the day, i was proud of my achievement, my coronation and it literally launched an unprecedented interest in pvp for my guild that was not present before.

It's disappointing to see this as someone who did earn Emperor the intended way and i refuse to wear the title simply because of this shenanigans.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »
    Name and shame might censor those two. You also shouldn't mention them at all, since this is blatantly selling an emporership...

oh yeah he gonna get moderated - but you didnt need to point it out ;)
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• colec74
    colec74
    As far as I know there isn't any money being exchanged. They're just standing in line waiting for their turn on the ride.
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The problem with Almalexia is there's zero population. In prime time, I can't find fights and constant action. It's pathetic, really. Last night I swapped campaigns after waiting for two hours for someone to kill. /zone is dead. It's worse than Thornblade used to be except for when people are going for those Emp swaps.

I hate to say it, but Almalexia needs to be closed. There's zero population for it, and few active players on the server. A dead server does ZOS no good except to encourage emp swapping, and if the only players really using are using it to emp farm, what's the point?

And it doesn't help that you literally see certain EP swap over to DC characters within five minutes. Why is it that the guy I was JUST FIGHTING is now on my side? Faction shifting like this is ridiculous. Why are there no timers? It only encourages this kind of behavior even further if people can just swap over instantly.
    Edited by Preyfar on May 26, 2017 3:43PM
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Everyone is still playing Vvardenfell, playing battlegrounds, leveling wardens, etc. As much as this sucks and is lame, I think it's a bit hasty to start talking about closing campaigns.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What enemy? It seems everyone is in all alliances thanks to ZOS.
  • RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The PVP guild that I run with was homed on Almalexia for three days. Red kept pushing us to the gates. We changed campaigns. So, congratulations on killing the campaign. Enjoy PVE.
  • colec74
    colec74
    All non-cp campaigns are screwed right now. We changed to SS and have the same problem you had on Almalexia except it's D.C. dominating.
    Edited by colec74 on May 31, 2017 5:56PM
  • apostate9
    apostate9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    colec74 wrote: »
    If you're EP and in the Almalexia campaign don't even bother. There's a group of EP that are riding around grinding out AP for their "next in line for Emperor" and then actively trying to take all the keeps. Then they lay down and let DC take it back so the next in line can get it. So if you are in this campaign, and not in that group, you are helping them if you are taking keeps, but they won't help you defend once one of them is crowned Emperor. That's why there have been so many Emperor changes since the campaign started. [snip]

@ZOS_GinaBruno I know this isn't the way it was supposed to work. Anything that can be done?

Yep. It's gross. I run an EP PvP guild and we hopped in there for one week to just see how things felt after the patch. It was...

Not good. We left. The EP left participating in that fiasco should feel bad.

• colec74
    colec74
    @apostate9 I know. This is Manson.
  • Mjollo
    Mjollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Emp isn't the same anymore anyways. It's been watered down too much.
    Defialed - Former Emperor of Thornblade|Mjoll The Legend - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade| Definitely Not Mjoll - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade | Probably Not Mjoll - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade | Mistakenly Mjoll - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade | Blackwater Cultist - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade | A Woman With No Name |
    "There are two kinds of people in this world, my friend. Those with loaded guns. And those who dig. You dig."
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Mjollo it's still pretty swell though...
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Our guild was hoping to move over to this server for our vet campaign but after going in there a few times and seeing the despicable nature of it... hopefully more people will want to play there after they are done having fun with grinding and battlegrounds, to bring some sort of actual pvp to the server.

From what I understand, Haderus was the same way, its just the same people emp swapping in different factions. I dont see how that is even remotely fun. Which is too bad, I would much prefer the 7 day fast paced server to the 30.
    Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte
  • apostate9
    apostate9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @apostate9 I know. This is Manson.

Oh. Well. Ahem.

:-)
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since when is this a new thing for EP?
  • Wolf_Manish
    Tbh, none of this would happen in Amalexia if it wasn't for the low population, so the only way to stop it would be to setup some population control (that won't happen- it would slow down gameplay too much and probably screw certain people over). I've played on Amalexia, and the whole point of the sides talking and allowing different factions to take over emp ship is the same reason people leave the server in the first place- they hate loosing in some way. Like when all the keeps are taken and the gates are open, people see that and bail. Talking with the enemies and allowing keeps to be taken, emp shop to change hands- that is the servers way of trying to survive enough to let other people join. If you are on Amalexia, you are going to be pretty much just grinding for AP. It has turned into a little chivalrous guild war, and all who aren't in the groups or guilds are abnormalities in the field and will likely be stuck fighting solo. The groups of Amalexia are very accepting and try their best to accommodate all who join them- but the thing is, is there are people who can't seem to play nice with their allies; and those people are removed from said groups and are not welcome. I have found that most people who have become upset with the players of Amalexia are actually people who can't seem to play nice and their impatience leads them to being enraged.
    And, well, RIP to those people.

To sum up- I have played Amalexia, a server striving for survival due to a lack of people has lead to chivalry to try to solve the frustrations. Good people who are improvising to keep the fight going.

Side note- I have not seen much character switching to other alliances there either.
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I just lefted that EP guild that people are talking about. 3 days of that crap was enoth for me. Guilds and players like that ZOS are completely destroying your PvP in Cyrodiil and making it unplayable for others.

In my opinion the situation over there requires moderation asap. Because @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_RichLambert @Wrobel . If yall allow these people to set this as the standard of Cyrodiil I can see more and more people leaving and maybe even quiting ESO as a whole. These people induce highly game breaking conditions when they do this, to a campaign. Then others on the receiving end of this just flatout lose the will to PvP.
  • Jadeybez
    Jadeybez
    This server has become the "lets all be friends and get along" sever. It is now completely acceptable to be in constant whispers with enemy factions, to the point where AD will allow EP or DC to take keeps back and so forth. It's like as @Wolf_Manish said, certain people are trying to be chivalrous to try and solve frustrations of having a really low population.

We need larger PvP guilds from the AD and DC sides to come in. Ones that are not accepting of constant cross faction communication. All I have seen this week is EP and mainly AD having constant duels, apparently because that is the only way you can learn how to PvP (this is being done outside keeps where they are gaining defense ticks too, is this not a form of boosting?). If you do not participate in this kind of behaviour then you are shunned and told you will never be a good player. It's really ridiculous. I have also just heard that apparently ZOS condones this kind of behaviour (according to the EP that is hanging around in Cyrodiil).

I think that people are trying to change the rules about what PvP is. Just earlier, I was told that in the past, my view point about what PvP is (a more traditional one) lead to things like racism. So what now, am I being a racist for wanting some good PvP?

This is a real shame. The 7-day campaigns are great ones and I feel like the PvP in the non-cp is more fair. If you are not as serious about PvP as the strictly PvP guilds are, then Almalexia is a great campaign. I have tried out Vivec, but it's way to populated and my lag is out of control. I really want it to work in Almalexia, but as I have now been informed, certain EP are going to make sure that they make the server into how they thing PvP should be run.

There is just not enough of us "traditional" people on this server to help make it great.
  • RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of the campaigns are in trouble as I understand.

Almalexia : AD and DC factions gate pushed so they leave. No PVP left.
    Sotha: EP seems to be missing. Back and forth between DC and AD.
    Vivac : Only CP campaign. Laggy mess with single digit FPS. All three factions running 60+ at various times. Always poplocked prime time with long queues for EP and AD.
  • antihero727
    antihero727
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Honestly there are worse issues going on besides EMP flipping an empty campaign. IC self rez bug, cyodiil que exploit, unbreakable fear bug, and ZOS balancing in general. It is not against TOS so no action is needed. I agree that is out of the "Spirt" of fair play though. Let's put efforts into the real issues ATM.
    Veldrn-AD Magica Sorc
    Bizarro Veldrn-AD Stam Sorc
    Antiherro-AD Stam DK
    Antihero-AD Magplar
    Aww Crit-AD Magblade
    AD Since PC beta
    On A lag free vacation
    for the near and far future
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where else are their bad players gonna emp when nobody else is playing? Almexia is EP's fav.
  • SirMontyII
    SirMontyII
    ✭✭
    Need to drop this campaign altogether - it has become an AP sink for one faction and the other two have left (all but a few diehards).
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah. make it a CP campaign again. problem pretty much solved.
    Invictus
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lucky28 wrote: »
    yeah. make it a CP campaign again. problem pretty much solved.

What's transpiring in there now is literally the same thing that happened when it had CP -- EP/AD PvDoor empty keeps when no other faction is online. Adding CP back will not make it any different.