Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Returning player with questions

adilesarub14_ESO
I wanna try and get back into this game, last time I played was around the time it launched on consoles. The main thing I want to know is how level scaling works, if everywhere you go things are scaled to you then how exactly do stats and armor effect gameplay? Should I still be trying to get better gear as I level? Or just use whatever until cap, and what is cap? I see people with numbers in the 400s next to their names. Is that how many champion points they have?

I completed the main story line and the Covenant Story, started the Dominion story. What's the Endgame now? When does endgame start if everything scales? What does everyone do for money?

Also wondering about housing, is it just to decorate and show off? Or are they actually useful in some way? Is it possible to earn enough for a large home or manor on your own? Or are those more for guilds?

Thanks, I know thats a lot of questions.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Housing is for decorating, no use except fun and show off.

For money making there are guides about stealing and imperials dungeons farming.

For scaling, low levels chars have increased stats which allow them to compensate for the lack of skills available (not enough skill points). it makes it possible for all level char to play together and stand a chance.

Champion points can go up to 630 at the moment. They are gained after level 50. End game gear is available at CP160. I dont advise intense farming prior to reaching this, although it is much better to use the armors sets you find during leveling instead of simple armor.

There are no endgame zones except few area in craglorn that require to go in as a group, End Game PVE is basically "vet dungeons" for starters and more importantly vet trials (12 players dungeons)
    Edited by Morgul667 on June 9, 2017 4:14AM
  • adilesarub14_ESO
    Thanks, though I took a quick look at the housing store in-game and noticed you can get crafting stations and training dummies. Crafting stations are everywhere so not that useful, but how do the dummies work?

I'll check out some of the money making guides but just for reference, how much gold does the avg player make?

And with level scaling I was kinda wondering when do you start to notice gear bonuses? I currently have 30-something champion points and all my weapons feel like they do nothing.

When should I start doing dungeons? At 160CP? And is it feasible to PUG those with a new 160CP character? Or should I first make sure I have decent gear first?