Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Housing Materials: Where to get them?

Illurian
Illurian
✭✭✭✭✭
Hey all,

After seeing all these magnificent houses players have made, I've been inspired to make a legitimate structure of my own.

However, I don't know where to get all the materials to do so! Is there an NPC that sells building blocks (such as literal blocks, columns, slabs, platforms etc)? Can these basic structural materials be crafted?

Thanks in advance for any answers!
Kiss the chaos.

Best Answers

• Dracindo
    Dracindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Racial stones for crafting in a certain style can be bought for 15 gold from crafter NPC's.

Other items you farm like you would as other crafting materials, though they don't appear as often as the raw materials themselves.

Guild stores sell them too, but beware high prices.
  • Illurian
    Illurian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Furniture vendors sell them (they are marked with a chair on your map).

You can use this database or this one to find exactly the right merchant for the item you're looking for.

Awesome, thank you!
    Kiss the chaos.
  • Jegpeg
    Jegpeg
    Just to be clear.

You can not build your own house, they are available to buy either with crowns or with gold. Houses bought with gold are unfurnished, if you buy a house with crowns you have the option to pay extra to have it furnished.

If you want to furnish the house yourself you have a number of options:
    1. Buy furniture from NPCs
    2. Buy furniture from other players (normally in the guild store)
    3. Just use what ever you find lying around Tamriel
    4. Make it yourself, this will require a certain level of crafting skill (sometimes in more than 1 skill) and racial style materials and other materials specifically for furniture. Each piece of furniture also has a blueprint (also called things like design, formula which varies by which crafting station is used to make the item), you can only make items if you have used the blueprint (works like recipes) but once you know a piece of furniture you can make as many as you like

Some items can be obtained from several sources but you can not get all pieces of furniture from all the sources above.

I am level 50 in all crafts and have a reasonably large number of items memorised, if you wish I can make stuff for you (though I am about to go away until Wednesday). PM me if interested.

Edited by Jegpeg on June 9, 2017 9:49AM
  • Illurian
    Illurian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jegpeg wrote: »
    Just to be clear.

You can not build your own house, they are available to buy either with crowns or with gold. Houses bought with gold are unfurnished, if you buy a house with crowns you have the option to pay extra to have it furnished.

If you want to furnish the house yourself you have a number of options:
    1. Buy furniture from NPCs
    2. Buy furniture from other players (normally in the guild store)
    3. Just use what ever you find lying around Tamriel
    4. Make it yourself, this will require a certain level of crafting skill (sometimes in more than 1 skill) and racial style materials and other materials specifically for furniture. Each piece of furniture also has a blueprint (also called things like design, formula which varies by which crafting station is used to make the item), you can only make items if you have used the blueprint (works like recipes) but once you know a piece of furniture you can make as many as you like

Some items can be obtained from several sources but you can not get all pieces of furniture from all the sources above.

I am level 50 in all crafts and have a reasonably large number of items memorised, if you wish I can make stuff for you (though I am about to go away until Wednesday). PM me if interested.

Oh, yes I'm aware that you can't build a legitimate house from scratch and have to buy a pre made house. I should have been more clear, haha sorry. :lol:

I was specifically referring to building structures within houses that I own (e.g. Dueling rings), and the structural components used for structures like that.
    Kiss the chaos.
  • Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They sell stone blocks at some of the basic furnishing vendors for cheap
    The orc platform & orc counter in furnishing crafting are good
    & there are lots of different columns & supports you can make, or buy in the crown store furnishings

You can check ESO Fashion to see the relative sizes for most things, here's them showing the orc platform...
    Orcish-Platform-Block-thumb.jpg
    good luck & have fun!
    { Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }