The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Greensdale Right of Theft closing the rifts

mystfit
mystfit
✭✭✭
There is an optional step of closing 5 shadow rifts. I know it's not required, but I reallllly want to do this step. I go up to the rifts. they have a quest icon, it says to click E to close it, I do so and my character makes an animation like she is but the ticker stays at 0 of 5 and the quest giver is sad I didn't free them. I deleted the quest to do it a second time, but no difference. Anyone done this part successfully?
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can confirm that there's no secret to this...you walk up to the rift, close it and the quest updates.

I found two similar complaints from March on this same issue on Xbox one. That makes me think the quest is bugged. If so, you have limited options:

1. Wait for a patch. I've seen minor quest bugs remain for 2+ years, so don't hold your breath.

2. Complete without closing. There is no difference in xp or rewards. This does not open any alternate paths in the storyline. At most, the only difference will be one line of dialogue at turn in. You're good to bypass this with zero consequences, and tell Indronil it's ZOS's fault so your conscience is clear.
  • mystfit
    mystfit
    ✭✭✭
    I saw the ones related to Xbox (I'm on the PC so wasn't sure if it was a similar issue). It's weird. I feel like it should be so simple...click and close, but alas....
  • mystfit
    mystfit
    ✭✭✭
    I tried the quest again today. Still no updates on rifts..and apparently an not is supposed to spawn and offer a little shield but she doesn't either. I guess I'll end up doing it and just pretend doing I freed them. It is only saving pixels after all. /whine.
  • aishsha
    aishsha
    ✭✭✭
    This bug still remains on PS4 too. Contacted the support several times on this, but oh well...
  • mystfit
    mystfit
    ✭✭✭
    I think the thing that annoyed me was the automated message support sent out said that if I regretted a quest choice, they wouldn't fix my quest to be the 'right choice' as that's what the game was about..making choices and yet they ALSO wouldn't help me when I DIDN'T advance the quest so the choice I wanted to make could be made. Can't not have your cake and not eat it too, guys ;)
  • aishsha
    aishsha
    ✭✭✭
    You won't believe it, but it is finally fixed. And I lke the good ending of this quest much more.
  • mystfit
    mystfit
    ✭✭✭
    Sigh. Too late,for me but I will run an alt through it to balance off my bad karma. :( thanks so much for the update !!!
  • aishsha
    aishsha
    ✭✭✭
    mystfit wrote: »
    Sigh. Too late,for me but I will run an alt through it to balance off my bad karma. :( thanks so much for the update !!!
    Well, not to spoil anything - no special items whatsoever, just a little longer story and better ending to it all. I actually abandoned the quest and was about to continue when they finally fixed it (seemingly with Morrowind patch).
  • mystfit
    mystfit
    ✭✭✭
    I mulled over abandoning it and waiting but opted to just refuse to believe I released them regardless of what the quest guy said :)