The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New glitch, weapon won't stay sheathed?

Pallmor
Pallmor
✭✭✭✭✭
Has anyone else noticed lately that their weapon won't stay sheathed after the latest patches? I just noticed it after the last patch on my pet sorc. She is *constantly* drawing her weapon, even if no one else is around and the pets are dismissed. I sheath her staff and two seconds later it's back out, even out of combat in cities and towns. So either something has changed or she has developed some real paranoia issues since I last played her.

It's a minor thing, granted. But even as a very mild RPer like me, it's a little annoying to have your character running around in towns and villages with her weapon constantly drawn. I'm pretty sure guards and merchants wouldn't be cool with someone doing that IRL.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plunder Skulls are one helluva drug.
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What platform are you on?

I'm on PC and haven't enountered this at all. I usually sheathe my weapons when I'm not using them, and the only time they unsheathe without my permission is the usual in-town skill spam.
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • FleetwoodSmack
    FleetwoodSmack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're running addons, those can be attributed to it as well.
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies!
  • DragonDreads
    DragonDreads
    ✭✭
    I have that problem when I use the Wayshrines or exit the Refuge's. I make sure it sheathed before I exit (use the shrine) and when the loading screen clears my staff/bow/ what have you is drawn.
  • bugmom
    bugmom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep - go through a door, weapon unsheathes...
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's happening with my warden, but not my other characters. She draws her weapon every time the scene changes (goes through a wayshrine, goes through a door, etc.). So yeah, mine is doing that, too.
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Me too and really annoying :(
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • PocketNova
    PocketNova
    ✭✭✭✭
    Every zoning with my baby warden her weapon was out. It got to the point where I didn't want to zone anywhere.
    Edited by PocketNova on June 1, 2017 12:40AM
    PC NA
    Master Angler
    Dressed as Wonder Woman
    Living in Hogwarts
  • Pallmor
    Pallmor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like it's a pet glitch. Been thinking of respeccing my pet sorc to regular sorc. This might be a good reason. Sucks for Wardens, though.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have noticed this too, and not just on my Warden. But she, my Sorcerer, will be standing there and then pull out her weapon for no reason. No buff skill is being activated as per the usual reason why this happens.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Lavennin
    Lavennin
    ✭✭✭
    Yup happened to me. I assumed someone cast a healing or buffing spell and my character was affected by it. But there were still times that my char was alone and suddenly unsheathed his weapon.

Didn't notice this before the expansion, so could be a bug?
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plunder Skulls are one helluva drug.

lol

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe Its do to pets
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallmor wrote: »
    Looks like it's a pet glitch.
    That's what I was thinking, too, since people are saying it's happening with both wardens and sorcerors.
  • dpr999
    dpr999
    ✭✭✭
    It's been happening to me lately. It only happens when I have my Daedric familiar active. I'm glad to see this is not just me and it is happening to others. I hope they will roll back this change and stop making this happen.
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    All toggle buffs are now recast when entering a new area.

So if you've got bound armour on when you load a new area you'll auto recast it, which will unsheathe your weapons.
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happens to my warden and I don't use the bear.
  • mystfit
    mystfit
    ✭✭✭
    So, that's what that is! I thought I was constantly hitting the button to sheathe/unsheathe. Yay, our pets stay up...booooo our weapons stay out.
  • EvilKiwi
    EvilKiwi
    ✭✭✭
    I have had the same problem, but only with my warden. Go through a door or use a wayshrine, out pops my weapon. When I log in it takes like a minute to sheathed it. Very annoying.
    No Lollygagging.
  • SpearDusk
    SpearDusk
    ✭✭✭
    Happens to me too. After a loading screen or a wayshrine, my character would unsheath their weapon :/
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought this is related to using non-wired USB mouse, at least it doesn't happen when using the wired one. ;)

Its the same with trying to pick locks - wired mouse = no problem; un-wired mouse = clunky and unreliable.

Changing batteries sometimes helps for a little time.
  • EvilKiwi
    EvilKiwi
    ✭✭✭
    My mouse is wired and I have this problem.
    No Lollygagging.
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SnowFury wrote: »
    Happens to me too. After a loading screen or a wayshrine, my character would unsheath their weapon :/

This, on my stamblade and magblade so no pets. Doesn't really bother me much though. Usually I mount up right after using a wayshrine anyway.
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallmor wrote: »
    She is *constantly* drawing her weapon, even if no one else is around and the pets are dismissed. I sheath her staff and two seconds later it's back out, even out of combat in cities and towns.
    PTSD much, huh? ;)
  • Delta1038
    Delta1038
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, happens to me on my Sorcerer as well. Minor annoyance really, hope they fix that at some point.
    Xbox One NA