The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[BUG] Motif drop rates

Synfaer
Synfaer
✭✭✭✭✭
It seems like every time new motifs are added to the game the drop rates are significantly reduced.
It has gotten to the stage where I cannot justified endless repeating daily quests and opening hundreds of overland t-chests for a minuscule chance of ONE PAGE dropping (yes i have completed the Vivec quest line - for all the good it does - NONE).

DID YOU GUYS DESIGN IT LIKE THIS?????

If you did not, please fix this bug.

If you did, then I am loosing interest in having to do the same tasks over & over & over...FOR NO FRIGGIN REWARD. It is NOT FUN, it is not CONTENT.

• ninti
    ninti
    ✭✭
    I am not sure why I am still playing ESO anymore. Doing the Morrowind quests was nice, but I'm done now and back to the grind of the usual stuff. Certainly one of the reasons I still play is just to collect things, the main one for me being motifs. I have collected them all to this point, and it gives me something to aim for. I collect other things too, but not as zealously as motifs. Don't ask me why, they are basically useless now since crafted armor is inferior and there isn't a real payoff. I know it seems like a stupid motivator, but I have been playing for a while now and done most everything else I have any desire to do in this game.

Boyant Armiger is basically unobtainable. This doesn't seem like a big deal, just skip it then I hear you say. But it means that I can't collect all the motifs anymore, and it is affecting my desire to continue collecting any of them now. I am halfway through the Ashlander and Morag Tong motif grind, but why should I bother anymore? I am not saying I am going to quit playing quite yet, but one of my major motivators for continuing is gone now. That is not a good thing.
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They make things rare to give people who do everything fast and have been here forever something to do, even if it doesn't make it fun for new players.

The new "increased drop chance for those who have finished the content" code may very well be bugged. Have you noticed any paintings drop from any chests in Morrowind since you started playing it? They have clearly been bugged as not a single one has ever dropped for anyone I know, and I'm a treasure fiend.
    Another bugged drop rate like when they originally added paintings to chests in game and they wouldn't drop....par for the course.
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been playing on Vvardenfell for one week and not one Motif drop.
    I am doing daily's, WB's, public dungeons, stealing stuff, and questing.
    I know its RNG but it must be heavily weighted to not drop them very often.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • Kali_Despoine
    Kali_Despoine
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is a reason I don't motif farm any more.
    A second reason for not motif farming is because I will never get to wear said motif ever.
    So what's the point in getting them?
    To get more/better Master Writs?
    I don't even do the ones I have now as there is no more room in my Daggerfall Overlook.

This is just part of the whole picture as to why I don't play much or intend to buy Morrowind.
  • Synfaer
    Synfaer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a reason I don't motif farm any more.
    A second reason for not motif farming is because I will never get to wear said motif ever.
    So what's the point in getting them?
    To get more/better Master Writs?
    I don't even do the ones I have now as there is no more room in my Daggerfall Overlook.

This is just part of the whole picture as to why I don't play much or intend to buy Morrowind.

I think its time for a break until they fix some of their loot lists & housing space.
    Honestly i don't mind farming for gear, but it has got to a situation where you can spend days if not weeks doing the same tasks for NO REWARD.
    Seriously there has to be some reasonable way to solve this. I don't want things given to me on a platter, but the way things are now there is no reward for repeating the same tasks (now excruciatingly tedious) for a seeming eternity.

Oh and please increase the housing item limit, whats the point of collecting/making/buying all the flash furniture recipes if your house is FULL when only half finished (and i have the eso+ extra space).