The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

ZOS: I Wanted My Skill Points Reset, Not My Skill Progression

Pirsius
Pirsius
✭✭✭
So, just logged on to start Morrowind and reset my skill points before reworking my main (StamBlade). When I got to my final skill on the bow bar (Poison Injection), it shows that I only have the base skill Poison Arrow halfway through level 1. Like, seriously what went wrong on your end that I can't even morph my skills anymore.

This is a minor inconvenience that will take a couple hours to recomplete, but seriously ZOS fix your game please.

Attached photo. For those that are wondering, yes, this is not a fresh toon but one that I've spent most my play time on. I've had Poison Injection IV on my bow bar for the better part of 2 years.

w8z3u1ikoo9u.jpg

• Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    believe this is from when they changed the order of the skills, didn't keep any progress on that skill, known issue from nearly 2 years that they cant be bothered fixing, you'll have to re-level the skill :( had same problem myself.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • Deedleqwerty
    Deedleqwerty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pirsius wrote: »
    So, just logged on to start Morrowind and reset my skill points before reworking my main (StamBlade). When I got to my final skill on the bow bar (Poison Injection), it shows that I only have the base skill Poison Arrow halfway through level 1. Like, seriously what went wrong on your end that I can't even morph my skills anymore.

This is a minor inconvenience that will take a couple hours to recomplete, but seriously ZOS fix your game please.

Attached photo. For those that are wondering, yes, this is not a fresh toon but one that I've spent most my play time on. I've had Poison Injection IV on my bow bar for the better part of 2 years.

w8z3u1ikoo9u.jpg

Yep. I reported this months ago after a skill reset. It was eventually accepted into the bug system, but never addressed. I'm dreading tonight, when I have to go through it all over again.
    ~Deedleqwerty [PS4] / NA / EU
    CP 1980 NA / CP 1400 EU
    Aldmeri Dominion - Wardevils
    See you in Cyrodiil
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This only happens when skills have been changed places in their skill line. Considering that nothing of the sort happened with the Morrowind update, this most likely means that you haven't respec'd since Homestead. If you have respec'd after Homestead you won't get this issue at all.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zaldan wrote: »
    believe this is from when they changed the order of the skills, didn't keep any progress on that skill, known issue from nearly 2 years that they cant be bothered fixing, you'll have to re-level the skill :( had same problem myself.

This is a bug, they need to take responsibility.
  • Pirsius
    Pirsius
    ✭✭✭
    This only happens when skills have been changed places in their skill line. Considering that nothing of the sort happened with the Morrowind update, this most likely means that you haven't respec'd since Homestead. If you have respec'd after Homestead you won't get this issue at all.

I knew that the issue came with the Homestead switches as the only skills it did this to me were Poison Arrow and Cleave (2H line) and both got moved around. I knew that this wasn't a Morrowind issue, just wanted to be helpful and point out a bug. Hence why this is in Tech Support and not a rant in General.

And you are correct, I have not respec'd since the Homestead launch. Never needed to. This is just the first time I experienced this issue myself and I knew others would be in the same situation, so I went ahead and made this post.