Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Experience scroll

revela68
revela68
Soul Shriven
Where to buy experience scroll in game coz i been looking around trader's guild i can't find it. Im only level 25 do you need to be on a certain level to buy it?
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Experience Scrolls only come from the Crown Store and cost Crowns (currency purchased with real money).

However there are drinks within the game which give the same benefits and only cost materials (to craft) or gold (to buy) from other players.

These are called Psijic Ambrosia for the +50% XP ones, I forget the names of the 100% and 150% ones.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • revela68
    revela68
    Soul Shriven
    Thanx i been looking for that in guild traders they dnt have it i have to ask player's if they have it?
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    revela68 wrote: »
    Thanx i been looking for that in guild traders they dnt have it i have to ask player's if they have it?

If you use the filters you can search legendary (quality) drinks (drinks are under crafting>provisioning>drink, I believe). If you do that it should be mostly Psijic Ambrosia.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• revela68
    revela68
    Soul Shriven
    Cool thnx...
  • EttinTheBreton
    EttinTheBreton
    ✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    However there are drinks within the game which give the same benefits and only cost materials (to craft) or gold (to buy) from other players.

These are called Psijic Ambrosia for the +50% XP ones, I forget the names of the 100% and 150% ones.

Just beware of prices. I've just price checked Psijic Ambrosia, and this is what I've got from my Master Merchant add-on:
    "MM price (10 sales/34 items, 19 days): 3,268.72 for [Psijic Ambrosia] "

So the data I've got isn't too bad. For 34 item sales over the past 19 days, they've sold on average for about 3,269 gold each. That would be a good price to pay if you find any in traders.
    Best,
    Ettin
  • revela68
    revela68
    Soul Shriven
    Got it thnx
  • revela68
    revela68
    Soul Shriven
    I found psijic in hollow city for 3500gold
  • drakhan2002_ESO
    drakhan2002_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One way to get it slighly less expensive is to go to an alliance capital city and ask in /zone chat "WTB 5 Psijic Ambrosia at 3,000 gold each" or (insert gold you're willing to pay). Sometimes you'll get lucky and get a good bargain.

Or even ask to buy "Perfect Roe". Perfect Roe is the base ingredient of the potion. And most Provisioners can make 4 at a time. So for each Perfect Roe you have, you get 4 xp pots in return. And I believe right now Perfect Roe might be less expensive than the xp pot itself.
    Edited by drakhan2002_ESO on June 5, 2017 2:16PM
  • EttinTheBreton
    EttinTheBreton
    ✭✭✭
    One way to get it slighly less expensive is to go to an alliance capital city and ask in /zone chat "WTB 5 Psijic Ambrosia at 3,000 gold each" or (insert gold you're willing to pay). Sometimes you'll get lucky and get a good bargain.

Or even ask to buy "Perfect Roe". Perfect Roe is the base ingredient of the potion. And most Provisioners can make 4 at a time. So for each Perfect Roe you have, you get 4 xp pots in return. And I believe right now Perfect Roe might be less expensive than the xp pot itself.

That's neat, I didn't know they were made 4 at a time. I've received a few [Perfect Roe] myself from filleting fish that I caught. About a week ago they were selling on PC for around 9k gold. So if you or someone you know would be willing to get whatever other ingredients you need to make them for you, I guess you could save 3k gold for every 4 ambrosia, i.e.,

Buying 4 ambrosia straight up: (4 ambrosia) * (3,000 gold/ambrosia) = 12,000 gold

Buying Roe and crafting 4 of them: (1 Roe) * (9,000 gold/Roe) = 9,000 gold

Edit (to avoid spam):
    revela68 wrote: »
    I have some perfect roe i got from fishing but im only level 25 on my main character i only been playing for a month can i craft it? and how?

Being able to craft [Psijic Ambrosia] would require that you buy the recipe scroll and "use" it to learn it forever on that character. Then you would need to spend skill points and advance the Provisioning skill line (is it Provisioning? need confirm). Your character level would not matter, but how much "experience" you have in the Provisioning skill line does. Maybe someone else with more experience can confirm this?
    Edited by EttinTheBreton on June 5, 2017 2:34PM
    Best,
    Ettin
  • revela68
    revela68
    Soul Shriven
    I have some perfect roe i got from fishing but im only level 25 on my main character i only been playing for a month can i craft it? and how?
  • drakhan2002_ESO
    drakhan2002_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both XP potions are made from Provisioning. First you need to get the recipe and learn it. You can get fragments of the recipe by doing the daily Provisioner writ. This can take a long time on one character - I was running 12 level 50 Provisioners daily and it took weeks to get all of the fragments. They can be bought off the guild merchants. Or you can even buy the whole "gold" recipe.

Once you've learned it, and you have a high enough Provisioner skill (not sure what it requires), probably the max...and you've taken the skill perk to make 4 of an item. Then you can make it.

If you don't have all that, but have the Roe - just hit up a guildie; someone is bound to have the ability and the recipe learned.
    Edited by drakhan2002_ESO on June 5, 2017 4:07PM