The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO Sitting at 99% GPU Usage - 980 Ti

Riviawolf
Riviawolf
Hey all!

So.. I currently run an i7 3820 OC'd to 4.6Ghz w/ 980 Ti Hybrid.

For whatever reason - this game appears to be running at 99% Usage on my GPU. CPU Sits at an average of maybe 25% - which I expect.. being how this game operates.

For some light - I currently run a SweetFX Shader and run the game in DSR 4K on my 165Hz 1440p Display. I've also used the tweaks found in the UserSettings.txt - that I found on Reddit.

Does anyone else have this issue?
  • bennysbeastb16_ESO2
    Riviawolf wrote: »
    Hey all!

So.. I currently run an i7 3820 OC'd to 4.6Ghz w/ 980 Ti Hybrid.

For whatever reason - this game appears to be running at 99% Usage on my GPU. CPU Sits at an average of maybe 25% - which I expect.. being how this game operates.

For some light - I currently run a SweetFX Shader and run the game in DSR 4K on my 165Hz 1440p Display. I've also used the tweaks found in the UserSettings.txt - that I found on Reddit.

Does anyone else have this issue?

i have the same card as you ;D, 4k dsr resoultions at @ 165hz - its no woudner the card is utilizing 99%, your pushing the card to its very max, what smoothness etc are u using in nvidia options, (standard 33%) ?

Other thing to note is, when running 4k dsr and using SweetFx (which is hungry hog in-itself), you dont need any anti-alaising or anisotropic filters, which would free up some vram.

from the small amount of info the youve given, i think the card is likely doing the best it can do for the power.. and what your throwing at it ';D
    *** Intel Core i9-7940x ***
    *** MSI Ventus 2080TI ***
    *** 32 GB DDR4 2400Mhz ***
    *** Creative Zxr Soundcard ***
    ***2TB M2 nvme SSD ***
    *** Corsair 1200W PSU***
    *** Windows 10 x64 ***
  • wahoozie
    wahoozie
    ✭✭✭
    High usage means it's actually taking advantage of the graphics card, I wouldn't call it a bad thing unless you have problems overheating. I have the opposite problem, this game tends to use ~50% of my gtx 960, max, whereas any other game I run uses 90+. It's at the point where the fans don't even kick on a majority of the time lol.