Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

What furniture pieces are good for creating walls/rooms?

wesley41
wesley41
✭✭✭
The reason I ask....I bought one of the statue bases today from the Luxury Furniture Vendor. It was way bigger than I thought it would be and discovered that rotating it on edge made the perfect piece for walls inside my house. At 2500 gp each, it's easier for me to buy a lot of these rather than use a lot of mats for building pieces for walls.

I'm curious as to what other furniture pieces players are using to create realistic looking walls. As the statue bases will go off sale when the vendor disappears, I'm thinking of buying quite a few...unless there's something better out there.

Thanks in advance for the suggestions.
  • ProfesseurFreder
    ProfesseurFreder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Planks and stone blocks seem to be the best tools for this... but it can take a LOT of stone blocks to build a satisfactory wall, and the available furnishing slots (especially in some of the smaller houses) get chewed up awfully quickly. My solution in my Twin Arches house was ultimately to take out the blocks and use a couple of the really large Orcish tapestries as makeshift walls. It's not perfect but it does work for me and it uses TWO furnishing slots vs. the ten+ slots that I had been using for blocks up to then.

There's one really nice-sized set of planks that would create a good solid wall and take up just one slot, but they are kind of rough looking -- why they're called "rough planks."
    "Nothing by which all human passion and hope and folly can be mirrored and then proved ever was just a game."
    -- William Faulkner.
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do the tapestry thing too, but with a row of stone blocks along the bottom to make it look like a stone wall covered with tapestry.
  • ProfesseurFreder
    ProfesseurFreder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah, cool!!! Good idea!
    "Nothing by which all human passion and hope and folly can be mirrored and then proved ever was just a game."
    -- William Faulkner.
  • wesley41
    wesley41
    ✭✭✭
    Going to have to try the tapestry approach. Thanks for the suggestion!