The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Vvardenfell CE treasure map chest bugs only giving junk non-set items

AdicusDio
AdicusDio
✭✭✭
I used to farm the treasure maps with my alt in the past that has the treasure hunter unlocked, and it always dropped at least one named set piece in Deeshawn, Stonefalls, etc. with the occasional 2 named set pieces from them.

Well, went and tracked them down in Morrowind and ALL 3 treasure map locations dropped 4, green-level, non-set, junk items along with a 4th material (junk as well).

Seriously, why bother making the things bound to the account when they only give junk? Please fix this as I don't think it's working as intended. I suspect they'll be un-bound after the normal release date, but why punish those of us that went through the effort?
  • AdicusDio
    AdicusDio
    ✭✭✭
    Also, not sure if it's intended, but the alt didn't get a set of maps. Had to bank them and transfer from main.
    Options
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The treasure maps for the base game that came with the Adventure Pack only gave junk non-set items as well. So that may be intended.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
    Options
  • Uncle_Sweetshare
    Uncle_Sweetshare
    ✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    The treasure maps for the base game that came with the Adventure Pack only gave junk non-set items as well. So that may be intended.

Yeah, I believe it's intended in order to prevent the 'P2W' complaints, but for a small handful of treasure maps you can only get once per account it seems very unnecessary.
    PC | NA | EP Uninstalled and refunded. I'm just here to laugh at ZOS.
    Candy, candy, he makes so much.

Click Here! >>> Do you have a moment to talk about our lord and savior, Battlegrounds? <<< Click Here!

Options
  • AdicusDio
    AdicusDio
    ✭✭✭
    Are you guys saying the CE maps are a 1-time deal? Are there non CE maps for Vvardenfell?

I've found roughly 4 maps in Morrowind from various enemies, but they were for non DLC areas.
    Options
  • lonewolf26
    lonewolf26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The maps marked CE (Collectors Edition) are ones that came with your game. CE maps generally contain decon junk, as someone mentioned to avoid p2w complaints. You can find other maps in game which will drop zone loot. Those dropped maps will not be marked CE.
    Edited by lonewolf26 on May 30, 2017 2:28PM
    Options
  • lonewolf26
    lonewolf26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AdicusDio wrote: »
    Are you guys saying the CE maps are a 1-time deal? Are there non CE maps for Vvardenfell?

Yes to both questions. CE maps are acquired once per account. Other maps for Vvardenfell do drop. I found one in a thief's trove earlier this week.
    Options
  • AdicusDio
    AdicusDio
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm, I didn't get the collector's edition. Just got the base steam "upgrade" for Morrowind. So maybe it was a pre-order bonus? Not much of one tho when you can loot enemies easier for same stuff.
    Options
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I also just used one of the CE maps... got nothing but green and blue junk. Very upset at that waste.
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on June 3, 2017 8:51PM
    Options
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CE always contain non Set, junk stuff. I just DESTROY them now. Not worth my time to run them all down.
    Options
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ran them today... Bummer.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

Options