The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Game save?

Twiztidrose
How is the game saved? Is it saved to the hard drive, or on ESO's servers? I'm wanting to know if I can load and play with the same character on 2 different Xbox One's.
Xbox NA
GT: Twiztid Rose
Nord- Night Blade cp lvl 388- Daenaris Rose
Redguard- stamdk lvl20- Octavia
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Its an MMO mate.
  • Twiztidrose
    .... Thx mate.... I'm aware. :/
    Xbox NA
  • Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭
    sadownik wrote: »

Its an MMO mate.

It is an MMO, do you not know how an MMO works ?????
  • Twiztidrose
    Was that question to me Balibe? If so, yes I've played an MMO in the past. That game saved to the server, I believe. So I'm to just know that all games of this type do exactly the same thing?!

Do you guys have to try and make me feel 2 feet tall and a moron?? What's wrong with just nicely answering my question?
    Thx.....
    Xbox NA
  • Dracindo
    Dracindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You got your name? You got your password? You got internet? You can confirm that you really are who you are by allowing the other device to log you in?

If yes to all of the above, it should work.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All character and game data is stored on the ESO servers meaning no information will be lost if you remove the game from your PC/Console.

Some settings may be stored locally such as keybinds, add-on settings (PC/Mac) etc.

To answer you Xbox question yes you can, just install the game and log in with your gamer tag/ESO account and it'll open that account with all characters and data.

Any other questions feel free to ask.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Twiztidrose
    Turelus wrote: »
    All character and game data is stored on the ESO servers meaning no information will be lost if you remove the game from your PC/Console.

Some settings may be stored locally such as keybinds, add-on settings (PC/Mac) etc.

To answer you Xbox question yes you can, just install the game and log in with your gamer tag/ESO account and it'll open that account with all characters and data.

Thank you very much kind sir! That's all I was asking for in the beginning.

Actually, I do have another question if anyone might know the answer to it...

Does anyone know if the Elite controller or even the cheaper controller adapter is compatible with this game? It'd be awesome to be able to assign more skills.

Xbox NA
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know if the Elite controller or even the cheaper controller adapter is compatible with this game? It'd be awesome to be able to assign more skills.

@Twiztidrose

The elite controller only allows you to change one button to another. The game itself doesn't offer a elite controller keybind option

So technically what exists on the Xbox for a normal controller exists for the elite with slightly more options. There are other non gameplay options too
    The paddles only mimic existing buttons.

I like the elite controller however I pre ordered it thinking it would allow key binding on the console and it does not. It only allows A button to be X, Y or Z
    Or thumb stick press to become A
    L Trigger to become R trigger

So even within this, there are limits

It's not a wise investment unless you just want one
    There are much cheaper options on eBay or with other Xbox third party accessories in my opinion

*the rubber grips are falling off mine after a year
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on June 2, 2017 7:01PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Twiztidrose

@Twiztidrose

The elite controller only allows you to change one button to another. The game itself doesn't offer a elite controller keybind option

So technically what exists on the Xbox for a normal controller exists for the elite with slightly more options. There are other non gameplay options too
    The paddles only mimic existing buttons.

I like the elite controller however I pre ordered it thinking it would allow key binding on the console and it does not. It only allows A button to be X, Y or Z
    Or thumb stick press to become A
    L Trigger to become R trigger

So even within this, there are limits

It's not a wise investment unless you just want one
    There are much cheaper options on eBay or with other Xbox third party accessories in my opinion

*the rubber grips are falling off mine after a year

Ahh... thank you very much for this info. I'm glad I asked, not what I'm looking for.

Xbox NA