Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

2 questions

derbybound33
derbybound33
Soul Shriven
Hey guys, I have read the forums for a long time, first time poster.

I have run a mag dk tank , I have seen 2 builds thus far and they seem to channel everything into health. Is this the consensus approach? Or is there anyone trying something different?

Also, I am considering a new character for the new patch. Is there any dps types that have a easier rotation than another? ( read that last part as " I am not good enough to do a 12 button rotation, is there something simple a old dude can do")
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There will always be a "meta" that you see most builds actually build around. Many many other builds can and will be viable, it's just that they aren't the most super amazing awesome. For almost all content in this game, you need an effective build, but not a crazy perfect one.

From what I've seen, Mag Sorcs appear the have the "easiest" rotations, especially if you take the pet road. I haven't been keeping up enough to know if pet builds are still the in thing, though I'm sure even if they aren't, they probably do still work fine (just might not be "best")
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it always boils down to play style. For me, I find my stamblade very easy...but I've played him hundreds of hours so that's part of it.

A stam sorc build would have a relatively simple rotation. See Alcast's windwalker build. The bound armaments takes two buttons out of the mix...making them a once per load toggle. And the back bar isn't overly complex, although the DoTs are shorter now in Morrowind and could make this build slightly more complex.

I also find a magplar dps build to be one of the easier rotations. Instead of having a million buffs and dots, the secondary abilities tend to be specialty items...like having radient destruction on the back bar means you don't have to flip there every ten seconds for it, just when you're ready to burn down an enemy.