The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

XBOX/PS4 Morrowind Launch - Download

Tremors
Tremors
✭✭✭
Are we going to be able to pre-download morrowind on console a few hours prior to launch time if we have pre-ordered digitally? Then once the servers go live at 5am EST, we can log in?
Or is it more, once the servers go live at 5am, we can start the download? @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Passionfruit GM - PC NA
Godslayer | Dawnbringer
  • DEATHquidox
    DEATHquidox
    ✭✭✭
    From what I understand they usually leave you pre download starting at I think 12 or 1 usually tho dont quote me on that this is just from my experience
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a patch update not a new game so the patch update has to occur first

Prob by Friday or Sat they will post an alert on the forums suggest when maintenance will start
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on June 1, 2017 2:14AM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Tremors
    Tremors
    ✭✭✭
    Ok ok, I just remember reading an article saying the servers were going down sometime in the evening on the 5th for it to be live by 5am EST on the 6th. I just assumed with the digital pre-order, we could have the game downloaded and ready, come 24hrs prior or something.
    Edited by Tremors on June 1, 2017 7:32AM
    Passionfruit GM - PC NA
    Godslayer | Dawnbringer
  • IwakuraLain42
    IwakuraLain42
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can find most of the details here: http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/2017/05/23/launch-details-for-the-elder-scrolls-online-morrowind

I assume that the DL will be available shortly before the servers come online again.
  • Tremors
    Tremors
    ✭✭✭
    You can find most of the details here: http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/2017/05/23/launch-details-for-the-elder-scrolls-online-morrowind

I assume that the DL will be available shortly before the servers come online again.

Yeah I had seen that, so you think the digital copy will be available to preload on June 5th same as the hard copy. Then the patch will be downloaded at 5am EST on June 6th?
    Passionfruit GM - PC NA
    Godslayer | Dawnbringer
  • trav2609rwb17_ESO
    trav2609rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Patch and Morrowind are one and the same codewise so don't think the one will be available without the other. Only difference is that part of the code you need extra rights to get access to. At least that was how it happened for the PC update.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah I had seen that, so you think the digital copy will be available to preload on June 5th same as the hard copy. Then the patch will be downloaded at 5am EST on June 6th?

There's nothing to pre load

It's not a new or seperate game

Its just a patch update and if so happen to have paid for access to Morrowind, once you update and the servers go live, you can play ESO more.

The game is Elder Scrolls Online.
    It contains
    -Imperial City
    -Orsinium
    -Thives Guild
    -Dark Brotherhood
    -Morrowind

Just another update is all that's going on
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Its just a patch update and if so happen to have paid for access to Morrowind, once you update and the servers go live, you can play ESO more.

It contains
    -Imperial City
    -Orsinium
    -Thives Guild
    -Dark Brotherhood
    -Morrowind

Yeah, had to be done this way. Would have made zero sense to have two separate games. Disc swapping in this game would have been completely ridiculous. "Anyone want to help me with [insert random request here]", "Yeah, 2mins whilst i swap discs and relog"
  • Tremors
    Tremors
    ✭✭✭
    Ok thanks
    Passionfruit GM - PC NA
    Godslayer | Dawnbringer
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It contains
    -Imperial City
    -Orsinium
    -Thives Guild
    -Dark Brotherhood
    -Morrowind

Yeah, had to be done this way. Would have made zero sense to have two separate games. Disc swapping in this game would have been completely ridiculous. "Anyone want to help me with [insert random request here]", "Yeah, 2mins whilst i swap discs and relog"

Technically (not discs) the way it was talked about, many people thought and still think it's going to be this
  • Galenus_of_Pergamon
    I ordered the digital collector's edition from the Playstation Store. Morrowind, as it appears in the Playstation Store, is available to download on June 4th at 12:00am eastern and available to PLAY on June 6th at 12:00am eastern.

Sonic 2 started the Super Tues(two)day tradition. I hate it.

Personally, I wished major releases were on Fridays, but that's just me.
    14 AD Characters all 730CP+ (more info coming soon)

Vivat Veritas
  • FlyLionel
    FlyLionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah just keep your ps4 on rest mode, same thing with xbone
    I ordered the digital collector's edition from the Playstation Store. Morrowind, as it appears in the Playstation Store, is available to download on June 4th at 12:00am eastern and available to PLAY on June 6th at 12:00am eastern.

Spread the word...also @Galenus_of_Pergamon how you gonna hate on sonic 2 fam.. :p
    The Flyers
  • Tremors
    Tremors
    ✭✭✭

Ok cool thanks. That'll be the full size as if you bought instore but then I imagine the patcher will be ready just before it goes live?
    Passionfruit GM - PC NA
    Godslayer | Dawnbringer
  • Galenus_of_Pergamon
    @RedVyperOfDorne Yes, to the best of my knowledge, what you have just said is correct.

Vivat Veritas
  • Tremors
    Tremors
    ✭✭✭
    @RedVyperOfDorne Yes, to the best of my knowledge, what you have just said is correct.

Ok cool man
    Passionfruit GM - PC NA
    Godslayer | Dawnbringer
  • Bonzodog01
    Bonzodog01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The irony of it is that I will not be able to play until after 6PM BST, as my ISP is taking our entire neighbourhood offline during the day that day for an infrastructure upgrade. Sigh.
    Xbox One - EU - EP/DC
    Trying and failing to hold the walls of his Templar house up since 2015
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok got the same msg from ps for download avaialble at 4 June and another for reduced price (about 4 euros iirc)

size is the same as pc version? 25 Gb?
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• xXMichonneXx
    xXMichonneXx
    ✭✭✭
    I preordered digital version. When I look at this game in the xbox store it tells me Morrowind is installed. I was hoping I would just wake up early and be able to start playing (after 5 am).
    XBoxOne NA
    910 CP
    50 Imperial Stamblade DC
    50 Argonian Templar Healer DC
    50 Altmer Mag Sorc DC
    50 Imperial Stam Templar DC
    50 Dunmer Mag DK DC
    50 Imperial Stam Sorc DC
    50 Nord Stam DK Tank DC
    50 Redguard Stam DK DPS DC
    50 Altmer Mag Templar DPS DC
    50 Imperial Stam Warden DC
  • nbksaske
    nbksaske
    ✭✭✭
    I pre ordered the upgrade edition on the ps store and it says it will start downloading on the 4th,... If its just a patch, why pre order? Am i missing something lol, be nice for zos to provide clarification on this
  • Tremors
    Tremors
    ✭✭✭
    Mmhmmm ^^
    Passionfruit GM - PC NA
    Godslayer | Dawnbringer
  • Pwnyridah
    Pwnyridah
    ✭✭✭
    So the real question is should i take a day off on the 6th or the 7th?
  • xXMichonneXx
    xXMichonneXx
    ✭✭✭
    Pwnyridah wrote: »

I took the 6th but I bet I will be wishing I had taken the 7th

XBoxOne NA
    910 CP
    50 Imperial Stamblade DC
    50 Argonian Templar Healer DC
    50 Altmer Mag Sorc DC
    50 Imperial Stam Templar DC
    50 Dunmer Mag DK DC
    50 Imperial Stam Sorc DC
    50 Nord Stam DK Tank DC
    50 Redguard Stam DK DPS DC
    50 Altmer Mag Templar DPS DC
    50 Imperial Stam Warden DC
  • Galenus_of_Pergamon
    nbksaske wrote: »
    I pre ordered the upgrade edition on the ps store and it says it will start downloading on the 4th,... If its just a patch, why pre order? Am i missing something lol, be nice for zos to provide clarification on this

Cosmetic goodies :smiley:

Vivat Veritas
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I took the 6th but I bet I will be wishing I had taken the 7th

NEVER take off for a ZOS release as you could potentially waste time off.

Prob best to take off that Thursday or Friday rather than Tuesday
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on June 2, 2017 3:54PM