The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Not being able to quit

Nemesis7884
Nemesis7884
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Since the last patches sometimes (about 20% of the cases) i cannot quit anymore...when im on the login screen, nothing happens when clicking on the quit button.... anyone has the issue and found a solution?
  • Ignotus
    Ignotus
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't experienced it, but I very rarely quit from the login screen either. I almost always quit from ingame. I just type /quit and it logs me out and closes the game. If you can't figure out how to get out of the game, you can always use ALT+F4 for the time being.
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh ok, i try the /quit then...didnt know that.... i play with a controller and have the stupid bluetooth mouse shuts itself of problem since the last windows 10 update...so after some ingame i can't use my mouse/keyboard anymore to type :-(

I am just always wondering if you just "crash-shut" things, if they don't "take damage" over time
  • Ignotus
    Ignotus
    ✭✭✭
    I am just always wondering if you just "crash-shut" things, if they don't "take damage" over time
    I'm guessing by this comment you mean does your character stay in the game and could possibly get attacked?
    If you were in the game world and used ALT+F4 then your character would likely remain in the game for several seconds and could get attacked and possibly killed. ALT+F4 would be completely safe if you used it at the login screen. As for /quit, it will log you out immediately and exit the game if you are in a town or certain other locations. If you are out in a dangerous area, using /quit generally results in a 10 second countdown with the option to exit immediately and leave your character vulnerable. After 10 seconds, I assume your character disappears from the game world and the game exits.
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ignotus wrote: »
    I'm guessing by this comment you mean does your character stay in the game and could possibly get attacked?
    If you were in the game world and used ALT+F4 then your character would likely remain in the game for several seconds and could get attacked and possibly killed. ALT+F4 would be completely safe if you used it at the login screen. As for /quit, it will log you out immediately and exit the game if you are in a town or certain other locations. If you are out in a dangerous area, using /quit generally results in a 10 second countdown with the option to exit immediately and leave your character vulnerable. After 10 seconds, I assume your character disappears from the game world and the game exits.

nah i mean if "crashing" the game could potentially corrupt game files
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This *** happens now CONSTANTLY and i cant shut the game down by any means only restarting tje pc works...so annoying
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not an issue I have seen, the games been slower to recognise my quit choice sometimes but never blocked it.

Have you tried killing the process in the task manager? If you Alt+F4 it will run for a while (10 seconds aprox) before fully closing however the game window will vanish (you can just hear the game going).
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • bennysbeastb16_ESO2
    This *** happens now CONSTANTLY and i cant shut the game down by any means only restarting tje pc works...so annoying

click ctrl+alt+deleate - then click log off (you dont need multiply users on the computer), that will close all the application open, and 1 mouse click puts you right bk in to windows without any hard reset.
    *** Intel Core i9-7940x ***
    *** MSI Ventus 2080TI ***
    *** 32 GB DDR4 2400Mhz ***
    *** Creative Zxr Soundcard ***
    ***2TB M2 nvme SSD ***
    *** Corsair 1200W PSU***
    *** Windows 10 x64 ***