The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Public Dungeon Boss giving skill points at each kill

joaaocaampos
joaaocaampos
✭✭✭✭✭
Is Zenimax aware of this? Has the bug been fixed or will it be fixed? Sorry for not giving accurate information, I just heard about it.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well that doesn't sound good. Do you know which dungeon this is by any chance?

@Jekerl
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    latest?cb=20140313225353

(Just a general reminder to not discuss exploit specifics publicly)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • xRIVALENx
    xRIVALENx
    ✭✭✭
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear."
  • Gruffysb16_ESO
    Gruffysb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I hope this bug gets fixed soon its truly sucks. I went there to farm some (insert gear name here) gear and the new furnishing designs but had to leave and go and do other stuff because of everyone saying there would be a ban!
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dang, too bad this will get fixed before MORROWIND launches on console... one can always use more crafting points :)
  • kip_silverwolf
    kip_silverwolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope this bug gets fixed soon its truly sucks. I went there to farm some (insert gear name here) gear and the new furnishing designs but had to leave and go and do other stuff because of everyone saying there would be a ban!

I hope it gets fixed soon too. I was in there yesterday, farming the same. I got out when I realised what was happening as I don't believe in knowingly exploiting like that. Someone from one of my guilds was in there - I kept an eye on the guild roster during the course of the afternoon and saw that person spent at least 4 hours there! Goodness only knows how many skill points they had racked up during that time!

"I'm going to live forever..or at least die trying"

drunken Nord & Tamriel streaker since Arena

• Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    (image deleted)

(Just a general reminder to not discuss exploit specifics publicly)
    Are you sure this is an "exploit"? It doesn't seem to be a bug, just another wonderful feature added to the game. :smiley:

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • Dymence
    Dymence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Any update on when this is getting a fix?

Kinda steering clear of the new public dungeons in the event of unfortunate banwaves..

EDIT: Heard rumors of it being fixed already, confirmation would be appreciated.
    Edited by Dymence on May 30, 2017 6:01PM
  • Gruffysb16_ESO
    Gruffysb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Because you stated "not to discuss exploit specifics publicly" and then didn't yourself publicly make other players aware of the exploit what will you doing about people who have been banned because they had no knowledge there was a problem?
  • DarkAedin
    DarkAedin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Because you stated "not to discuss exploit specifics publicly" and then didn't yourself publicly make other players aware of the exploit what will you doing about people who have been banned because they had no knowledge there was a problem?

Qft
  • DarkAedin
    DarkAedin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They also banned the players who reported this bug on top of those who stumbled on it accidentally.
    Gj zos
  • Grashek
    Grashek
    ✭✭
    Okay I take this as confirmation that the banwave is about some public dungeon boss. So far there was only speculation whether it was a bugged skyshard or something related to battlegrounds or grinding in general. I have been following this topic closely the posts from @Gruffysb16_ESO - have been very insightful.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Please take a second look there. I have created two wardens. On my stamina warden I did some public dungeon (around starter Zone DC). On my magicka warden I did every single public dungeon once (including the 2 quests). I did not stay in any public dungeon longer than I needed to finish my quests. If I killed any boss more often than once then it was a maximum of twice. You can check my achievements gained on my new characters, they back this up. Furthermore you can see on my total amount of skillpoints that I don't have many. So I must have gotten a total of "1" extra skillpoint, that I wasn't aware I had gotten. Basically I was banned for playing the game with my friends while doing public dungeon quests together as guild event.

This sucks and needs further investigations. I have tried to send support tickets, but there is not really a category to select. So I chose "stuck in character load" and only got auto-replies from Support about how I want to name my new forum account.

I feel a bit helpless to whom I should reach out. So please
    @ZOS_GinaBruno take a look at my warden ("Boreashek") You will see I have not exploited, just played the game with friends as it was supposed to.

This whole issue deserves a second look.
    Thank you
    Edited by Grashek on June 2, 2017 12:31PM
    Guildmaster of Omnia Vincit - PVE Raiding Guild

I was the first player to unlock the Flawless Conquerer title on every Magicka / Stamina character combination possible including the wardens.

Characterlist:
    • Grashek, Highelf Sorcerer: Flawless Conquerer & Dro'Mathra-Destroyer & Former-Emperor
    • Lord Windermere, Imperial Dragonknight: Flawless Conquerer & Former-Emperor
    • Auri Moonfae, Highelf Templar: Flawless Conquerer
    • Nebulashek, Highelf Nightblade: Flawless Conquerer
    • S'Kinrai Ri, Khajiit Nightblade: Flawless Conquerer
    • Pytograshek, Highelf Dragonknight: Flawless Conquerer & Dro'Mathra-Destroyer
    • Fengrash, Redguard Dragonknight: Flawless Conquerer
    • Ghorbashek, Orc Templar: Flawless Conquerer
    • Ca'Tshek, Khajiit Sorc: Flawless Conquerer
    • Grashandra Philadoria, Darkelf Sorc: Flawless Conquerer
    • Legolashek, Bosmer Templar: Flawless Conquerer Roleplaymaster
    • Boreashek, Highelf Warden: Flawless Conquerer, first Warden on live server with that title.
    • Anaxagorashek, Redguard Khajiit Warden: Flawless Conquerer
  • Arch_White
    Arch_White
    ✭✭
    Grashek wrote: »
    Okay I take this as confirmation that the banwave is about some public dungeon boss. So far there was only speculation whether it was a bugged skyshard or something related to battlegrounds or grinding in general. I have been following this topic closely the posts from @Gruffysb16_ESO - have been very insightful.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Please take a second look there. I have created two wardens. On my stamina warden I did some public dungeon (around starter Zone DC). On my magicka warden I did every single public dungeon once (including the 2 quests). I did not stay in any public dungeon longer than I needed to finish my quests. If I killed any boss more often than once then it was a maximum of twice. You can check my achievements gained on my new characters, they back this up. Furthermore you can see on my total amount of skillpoints that I don't have many. So I must have gotten a total of "1" extra skillpoint, that I wasn't aware I had gotten. Basically I was banned for playing the game with my friends while doing public dungeon quests together as guild event.

This sucks and needs further investigations. I have tried to send support tickets, but there is not really a category to select. So I chose "stuck in character load" and only got auto-replies from Support about how I want to name my new forum account.

I feel a bit helpless to whom I should reach out. So please
    @ZOS_GinaBruno take a look at my warden ("Boreashek") You will see I have not exploited, just played the game with friends as it was supposed to.

This whole issue deserves a second look.
    Thank you

At the top of the page it says support. Go there and log in to the support page using your client login not your forum login. You can send a message to the support team that way though most people have been given the same copy and pasted response.
    Biggest scrub EU
  • angry_virus
    angry_virus
    Soul Shriven
    Grashek wrote: »

Grashek, I have reported them as well at the same day when I have faced this (one week ago) - right after I have gained 3 extra skillpoints. And it's in proper ("exploits") category, and I have wrote that it might be urgent issue. And specified all information - character, amount, etc.

And I'm banned as well. My old report is still unresolved. I'm not too worried about lost three days and ban fact itself, but I'm worried that this ban may be accounted when really serious issue will happen, through my fault. Is that some way to clean my reputation somehow?

P.S. Just for fun: Banletter contains "Terms of Service" and "Code of Conduct" links, and both are not working for me.

P.P.S. Sure I'll stop reporting anything if they not reply me with kind of explaination. Why I must, if that makes no difference?
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno why players who reported this bug were banned? Why are you hurting players who take care of game and try to make it better by informing you about bugs?

It shows ZOS as a company which punishes their players for doing the right thing.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno You are good person and always helpful with the community but I think you're team is going about this the wrong way . A lot of people have no intention of exploiting and should know what exactly is broken to avoid it . Some of the people you banned may fall in to this category . Players that grind gear will accidentally get banned if they don't know what to avoid .

I fully respect that you are policing the game and taking an active stance against cheaters . I really do . I just do not like seeing un attentive players with no knowledge or intention of breaking the rules to get caught in the crossfire . I think the way this is being handled will or already has done this . With so many other problems with Marrowind launch you really don't need anymore on your plate .
  • angry_virus
    angry_virus
    Soul Shriven
    They unbanned me. So I think it may be resolved well. Good luck with it, men!