The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Poor mans VO for VMA

PokeMaule
PokeMaule
✭✭
Hi all, I have only recently cleared VMA after struggling for months and like everyone says the first time is a killer then after that it gets easier. One thing I have found that really helps with my sustain on my Stam sorc is the 3 piece Jewellery set from Cyrodill called Vengeance Leech. Yes I know VO is the go to set but my RNG has been unkind in over 30 runs I have 1 divines chest and 1 blue 1 gold ring so extra damage yes, extra sustain not quite. A friend recommended it to me and I find it works wonders and is probably the easiest set I've ever got. Check all PVP campaigns and see when your alliance owns the town of Bruma (I think is correct) It is in the north around the middle of the map. Head to the vendor there with approx 60k AP and buy the packs 1 at a time and get the 3 bits of purple jewellery. Run like hell back to the safety of PVE land and you now get stamina, heath and magicka back upon kills. Its nowhere near VO's sustain but since getting it I am clearing VMA in just over an hour with only a handful of deaths (my own stupidity)

I hope people find this set as helpful as I do until I get the VO i'm after
Binyar-Tun Argonian DK Tank Ebonheart Pact. CP610 Hist Shadow
Ra' Zanir - Kajiit Mag NB DPS Aldmeri Dominion. CP610
Quasan Al Hallin - Redguard Stam Sorc DPS Daggerfall Covenant. CP610 Stormproof
Seyrena Althranis - Dunmer Magicka Sorc DPS Ebonheart Pact. CP610 Clockwork Confounder

XBONE GT - PokeMaule
Guildmaster - Unexpected Heroes
Member - Venom - Morrowind Academy - Tamriel BaseCamp

• Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You receive the same containers by doing the daily quests for that settlement. There are quite a few other overlooked sets as well.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Vengeance leech is very good. I used it on my stamblade together with VO to get flawless :smile:
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • D0ntevenL1ft
    D0ntevenL1ft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Masel92 wrote: »
    Vengeance leech is very good. I used it on my stamblade together with VO to get flawless :smile:

This! I hope to combine the 2 with velidreth to get my first stam flawless clear.
  • PokeMaule
    PokeMaule
    ✭✭
    I didn't even think about combining the two that actually sounds epic for sustain. My Stam sorc is generally ok and It's my own stupidity that is stopping flawless runs now. But I am struggling on my stam blade and this may just be the answer. If only I could get some more VO to drop.
    Seyrena Althranis - Dunmer Magicka Sorc DPS Ebonheart Pact. CP610 Clockwork Confounder

XBONE GT - PokeMaule

• f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am glad you like vengeance leech, but it is not VO. There is no equivalent to VO. VO is the best 5 item dps set by such a large margin that second place is an entirely different discussion. VO is so good I even ran 5 pieces of it last patch, when I didn't really even need the 8% cost reduction.

Damn I wish there was a VO for magic users.
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    f047ys3v3n wrote: »
    I am glad you like vengeance leech, but it is not VO. There is no equivalent to VO. VO is the best 5 item dps set by such a large margin that second place is an entirely different discussion. VO is so good I even ran 5 pieces of it last patch, when I didn't really even need the 8% cost reduction.

Damn I wish there was a VO for magic users.

There's an implicit one in the destro staff skill tree - Destruction Expert passive that restores magicka for every kill done with destro staff abilities (3600 magicka at rank 2)
    http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Destruction+Expert

Also Sorcerer has the Endless Fury which does the same thing when you kill targets with that execute.
    http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Mage's+Fury

Or you can use consuming trap on trash and get back 10% of your magicka, stamina and health from each target that dies while affected. Most magicka builds have 35-40K magicka so that is 3.5-4K restored per kill.
    http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Soul+Trap

And there's no "stamina steal" debuff anywhere else in game but there are 3 skills which apply "magicka steal" debuff that restores 300 magicka per hit each second on a target affected by it.

Also weaving staff attacks from a distance to recover magicka is less risky than weaving melee heavy attacks at point blank range to recover stamina

So there's no need for a VO for magicka since there's already a huge advantage it has in favor of magicka at this point. VO is pretty much the only set that allows stamina to sustain without losing a lot of DPS.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    PokeMaule wrote: »
    Hi all, I have only recently cleared VMA after struggling for months and like everyone says the first time is a killer then after that it gets easier. One thing I have found that really helps with my sustain on my Stam sorc is the 3 piece Jewellery set from Cyrodill called Vengeance Leech. Yes I know VO is the go to set but my RNG has been unkind in over 30 runs I have 1 divines chest and 1 blue 1 gold ring so extra damage yes, extra sustain not quite. A friend recommended it to me and I find it works wonders and is probably the easiest set I've ever got. Check all PVP campaigns and see when your alliance owns the town of Bruma (I think is correct) It is in the north around the middle of the map. Head to the vendor there with approx 60k AP and buy the packs 1 at a time and get the 3 bits of purple jewellery. Run like hell back to the safety of PVE land and you now get stamina, heath and magicka back upon kills. Its nowhere near VO's sustain but since getting it I am clearing VMA in just over an hour with only a handful of deaths (my own stupidity)

I hope people find this set as helpful as I do until I get the VO i'm after

Nice! I use Vengeance Leech too. I have a bow/bow Bosmer stamsorc and it's crucial for my sustain because I do a lot of dodge-rolling. I paired VL with 5 pc Briarheart (which goes along nicely with crit surge) so any time I'm in a jam, dodge rolls plus dots on enemies heal me, then their deaths bring me sustain (VL proc). My build is rounded out with 2 pc Sellistrix and a VMA bow. It's definitely not the best build around, but I get:

- great healing
    - great sustain (and more dodge rolls as a result)
    - random/welcomed stuns to enemies

It works really well with my style.
  • PokeMaule
    PokeMaule
    ✭✭
    I'm glad a lot of people agree with this set as I had never heard of it lol. I think I live in a bubble or something. Seriously though I think the forums and build guides are great and help us all out in some ways but it is always the exact same sets you see. BIS VO, Twin fanged, Alkosh, Plague Doctor, Moondancer, VMA weapons blah blah blah. Then you get the advice on sets to get the BIS and again always the same. Julianos, NMG etc etc. Nobody seems to mention the hidden little gems that are in the game. Example I completed VMA recently on stam sorc using vengeance leech and the thought i'd try completing it on my DK tank haha. Respec happened obviously but I got through it and I was using a 5 piece Twice born on the body and Jewellery and weapons of Swamp raider. The increased poison damage is awesome. I really wanted to use the Spawn of Mephala monster set but cannot for the life of me get the shoulder to drop for me so used Velidreth.
    I now use that set up but with Valkyn skoria on my tank when questing and getting through story mode and it is actually fun to run and also doesn't take me 25 minutes to get through a delve haha.

XBONE GT - PokeMaule