Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

How to see total time played?

DoZakar
DoZakar
Hey guys,

Loving the game so far and I've been playing a lot since I got the 5 days early access (did a full 17 hours on day 1), and I wanted to know if there is a way to know how time I spent playing with a character. I know several MMOs have the feature, you just have to type /playtime or something along those lines to get the info.

I tried it in ESO and it didn't work. I searched on the net but so far I haven't found how to do it. Anyone knows if it is even possible to know?
May bright moons shine upon your travels.
  • Melian
    Melian
    ✭✭✭✭
    My total time played is *flails* ... lots.

I don't think there's any way, though that would be cool and it's probably a good thing.
  • Seraseth
    Seraseth
    ✭✭✭✭
    I believe it's /played

I know it exists because I did check on one of my characters.
  • Crumpy
    Crumpy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Like most mmos, yep /played
    I lyke not this quill.
  • DoZakar
    DoZakar
    Thanks guys, /played works!
    May bright moons shine upon your travels.
  • Aranea26
    Aranea26
    Sure works!
  • Warabeskel
    not work for me ...
  • tafoya77n
    tafoya77n
    any chance that you can see this for a character instead of the whole account?
  • Melian
    Melian
    ✭✭✭✭
    It looks like it is for the character. When I tried it it said I'd played that character for 3 days, 19 hours, 25 minutes and 10 seconds. I tried it on another character and it said 2 days, 3 hours etc.
    Edited by Melian on April 20, 2014 10:27PM
  • LordTiago
    LordTiago
    Soul Shriven
    How can i see on ps4?
  • ajperez
    ajperez
    So... there isn't any way to see the time stats on consoles? Or via the Elder Scrolls Online website?
  • abirdman24
    I'm on Xbox one and wondered the same thing. Seems like a pretty standard thing for this type of game for ESO not to have. Or apparently just not have on the consoles it looks like.
    Live in the light, but play in the dark
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    It can be embarrassing to see /played time ...
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• CapnPhoton
    CapnPhoton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On Xbox:

My games and apps/system menu button/View game hub/Leaderboards

It compares several game aspects with friends (if any) including Total time played in hours.
    Xbox One NA Aldmeri Dominion
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't believe it took me this long to look up how to do this.

Can you say /shocked :P
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• Alabyn
    Alabyn
    ✭✭✭
    55 days and such. Argh I could've learned Japanese.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    /played does not work somehow, anyone know why?