The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

[Elemental Rage] Icy Rage: Change Ult Cost with Introduction of Roll-Dodge Root Immunity?

Avran_Sylt
Avran_Sylt
✭✭✭✭✭
Now Roll-Dodge grants a 2 second immunity to immobilization effects, should the Icy Rage Ult have it's cost reduced?

Or perhaps something else?
Edited by Avran_Sylt on May 31, 2017 7:56PM

[Elemental Rage] Icy Rage: Change Ult Cost with Introduction of Roll-Dodge Root Immunity? 38 votes

Yeah
13%
WarraxxLMarVaohElusiinVipstaakki 5 votes
Nah
63%
SolarikenSigtricMadySkjolduridkbooksmcreadapostate9TrillinAnthofromOrsiniummagictucktuckGreenSoup2HoTlaksikusSanctum74NBrookusVoxicityAnti_VirussusmitdsZvorginTasearMorgul667 24 votes
Other
10%
WingSinolaiKay1Mikeclops 4 votes
I Don't Care
13%
otis67RawstFodoreVoodooPlatypusSpurius_Lucilius 5 votes
  • Kagetenchu
    Kagetenchu
    ✭✭✭
    You want to lower the cost of the destro ult....
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah
    how about

Increase the cost by 25% and reduce the damage by 50%
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah
    I signed after six months just to point out how stupid this is.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah
    Kagetenchu wrote: »
    You want to lower the cost of the destro ult....

He wants to reduce the cost of the Ice Staff version of Elemental Rage.

The stationary morph. Not Eye of the Storm which follows you around.

It's not too unreasonable cconsidering this was originally in the tootip and the introduction of dodge roll root immunity causes Icy Rage to become almost useless. Then again.... "almost useless" is practically a nickname for the Ice Staff these days thanks to its hybrid DPS/Tank/Root poorly executed mess of a focus.

Elemental-Rage.jpg

I'd go even farther.

I would ask for Icy Rage to have its Ult Cost reduced by 30, and for it to cause affected enemies to take 10% increased Cold Damage for 10 seconds after it expires. It'd be a Magicka Warden buff.

However, I would also have the root last like 2-3 seconds and only apply once per enemy.

Just my own thoughts. My vision for the Ice Staff is very different from what it is right now in-game.
    Edited by Vaoh on May 31, 2017 9:32PM
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Vaoh

TBH, kinda wish they kept it always applying chilled. Then at least it had some synergy with Wall of elements while simultaneously making it a nice AoE CC effect by reducing enemy movespeed even out of the area.

Kinda think the base ice skills should be less damage oriented, and more CC oriented. The warden can help shore up damage on that front with higher scaling on their Winter's Embrace Skills.
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Voxicity wrote: »
    how about

Dude you can't throw around numbers like that, that would be a nerf so big that it would make the skill useless.

And it would be yet another ability nerfed because of pvp.
    Edited by JinMori on May 31, 2017 11:47PM
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah
    JinMori wrote: »
    Voxicity wrote: »
    how about

Dude you can't throw around numbers like that, that would be a nerf so big that it would make the skill useless.

And it would be yet another ability nerfed because of pvp.

Well obviously it was a hyperbole
  • Kay1
    Kay1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Ahahahahahahhahaha he asked for a buff of the destro ult and you guys are arguing with him, whao this forum
    K1 The Big Monkey
  • Sinolai
    Sinolai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    rather make the ultimate root ignore dodge immunity once, forcing them to roll again.
  • Sinolai
    Sinolai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Rather make it ignore excisting root immunity, forcing them to roll again. (sorry if this was double post. seems the first one didnt get posted? also corrected some wording to avoid misunderstandings.)
    Edited by Sinolai on June 1, 2017 3:02PM
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah
    :cookie: tell me more, I am not convinced.
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Tasear

Elemental Rage, the stationary AoE ult morph that adds additional effects.

Fiery Rage: Increases damage done by 10%.

PvE: deals increased damage, so always a nice choice, but is not affected by the fire staff damage bonus. However any enemies inside the AoE are always affected by this bonus.
    PvP: affects each tick, and each tick also is ground AoE so it can't be mitigated via block or roll-dodge. each tick always applies the bonus.

Thunderous Rage: Increases duration by 2 seconds

PvE: longer duration, and additionally affected by the innate +8% AoE damage from shock staves makes this ability on par with Fiery Rage, excluding the fact that it also adds duration. Any enemies inside the extended duration are always being affected by the bonus.
    PvP: longer duration creates a longer lasting aversion zones. On par damage with Fiery Rage means if you're looking for zone control and you're not a DK, means this is the go to. any enemies inside the extended duration are always being affected by the bonus.

Icy Rage: Immobilizes affected targets for 3 seconds.

PvE: Nice for mob crowd control, however, several higher level enemies are immune to roots, The high cost means it's less likely to be up for large mob groups and as such be much more situational for frost tanks. Enemies inside the AoE are always affected by this bonus, unless they are higher level mobs.
    PvP: Immobilization works well, unless the target is mid-or just recently using a roll-dodge. meaning there's a chance that the bonus effect can be completely ignored. immobilization will only work once against a target that can roll-dodge out of the ultimate, as further ticks can't immobilize the enemy, due to the 2 second immunity recently added.

In summary:
    The ice staff ultimate bonus is more situational than either of the Fire, or Lightning staff bonuses, in both PvE and PvP. As such, I think that the ultimate cost for Icy Rage should be reduced slightly.

Edited by Avran_Sylt on June 1, 2017 3:42PM
  • FrostFallFox
    FrostFallFox
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it use to cost less than the other elements before the homestead update. At least on PS4. I thought it was pretty cool.
    \(^-,,-^)/
  • Zvorgin
    Zvorgin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah
    If my DK fire burns hotter than the icy ult I should be immune!