The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Pugs and Random DLC dungeons

OldGamerESO
OldGamerESO
✭✭✭
I have stopped doing all random dungeons on all my characters because of the frequency of getting DLC dungeons. I just can't agree with people who say these are puggable, they just are not in my opinion. You need to be a masochist to try Ruins of Mazz or Cradle of Shadows with a pug. I have never successfully completed these with a pug on normal mode, let alone Vet mode. And that is with a tank that gives everyone a 13k shield every 3 seconds. If there are mechanics more than "dps fast and don't stand in red" then pugs cannot do it.

Does anyone know if there is some way to avoid the DLC dungeons? If I group with 1 person that doesn't have the DLC on his account and we queue for random will it avoid the DLC dungeons?

My final option would be to drop group as soon as I see what the dungeon is.. but since I only queue as tanks that is pretty cruel to people who have been in the queue for an hour.
  • pizzaow
    pizzaow
    ✭✭✭
    The only way to avoid the DLC is to not have the DLC. I also seem to queue into a random DLC a disproportionate amount to non-DLC ... however, I've always attributed that to people selecting a specific DLC (for the pledge) and many people not having the content.

When I queue with a friend, I tend to get DLCs less... again, not sure if it's RNG or something else at play. I would think that the 'true' test would be to queue for a random with 4 people. But, of course, then it's not a pug :)

The 'remove DLC' from randoms request comes up here frequently, and it's tricky for ZOS... If they had it, I'd bet that very few people would queue including the DLC. And the ones that did would be the ones that probably should be removing it.

I'd encourage you to keep trying; don't insta-drop give the group at least one boss or trash pull. Pugging is one of my favorite things to do, and can be fun if people have mics and are open to learning. I used to always pug as a tank, and you're right, its tough for a tank to 'carry' a group with most of the DLCs. The mechanic-based bosses (planar inhibitor, lord warden and xal-nur) are more DPS focused ... a good DPS can easily carry a normal group through these fights, whereas a tank is reliant on the DPS to perform most mechanics. As a good tank you might be able to carry a bad pug group through nCoS.
    XBox/NA GT: Pizzaow
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SO then its not just me who got 2 nICP's in a row, at least now I have a full Scathing divine set :D
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • Catnight
    Catnight
    ✭✭
    deleted
    Edited by Catnight on May 27, 2017 7:25PM
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's also another issue, if we're talking about pre-vet players.
    DLC dungeons become avaialble at level 10, as well as Banished Cells, Fungal Grotto and Spindleclutch. Which is ridiculous if you compare their difficulty.
    And imo vet versions of any remotely challenging dungeons shouldnt be available in group finder if you havent finished its normal version.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Kozai
    Kozai
    ✭✭✭
    DLC dungeons become avaialble at level 10, as well as Banished Cells, Fungal Grotto and Spindleclutch. Which is ridiculous if you compare their difficulty.

Right, so new characters between 10 and 20 have four DLC dungeons and only 3 "classic" dungeons available when they queue up for those juicy random dungeon XPs. That is almost a 60% chance they will end up in a DLC dungeon with you. My friends and I don't even queue up for random dungeons even when we have a pre-made 4 person team when we are helping each other level characters in that range, the DLC ones are too long and difficult at that level. We have actually stalled out on them before in normal mode, and had to swap to our high level characters to finish them, losing the random bonus.

• zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kozai wrote: »

Right, so new characters between 10 and 20 have four DLC dungeons and only 3 "classic" dungeons available when they queue up for those juicy random dungeon XPs. That is almost a 60% chance they will end up in a DLC dungeon with you. My friends and I don't even queue up for random dungeons even when we have a pre-made 4 person team when we are helping each other level characters in that range, the DLC ones are too long and difficult at that level. We have actually stalled out on them before in normal mode, and had to swap to our high level characters to finish them, losing the random bonus.
    Yes, the normal DLC is far closer in difficulty to Vet fungal 1 than normal fungal 1.
    Why don't they have an level limit like the harder normal dungeons.
    It should be very easy to add.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.