The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Armor set suggestions for a Warden Bow/Bow build.

JiKama
JiKama
✭✭✭✭
So I've been thinking and so far came up with Hundings/NightMothersEmbrace/KraghsHelm. Everything is purple except for jewelry which is all blue. First bar has precise bow and the back bar has defensive traited bow. I know Alcast just put out a Warden bow build, but I don't wanna farm Twice Fanged Serpent. I do like his builds, but most of them call for that set. I've also considered picking up 5 fiords cause ya know.... Bird of prey.... Gotta go fast.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow...Alcast double bow build...it's been awhile since anyone said these were viable. My friend will be excited, he loves his bows.

Twice fanged is a pain. Unless you're a maxxer, you can bypass. You might be confusing sets, though. There's a Night Mothers Gaze and a Night Mothers Embrace set. Alcast uses Gaze, which is helpful in 4+ player end game content. Solo, other sets outperform it. Gaze is crafted, so no jewelry. NM Embrace is a drop set. It reduces your sneak radius...suck. You probably don't want this, there are way better sets out there. You need a drop set that has jewelry.

Hawks Eye might work. It reduces cost and increases damage of bow abilities by 5%...strong choice for this build, if you're doing 75% or more of your dps via bow. Purple robust jewelry runs about 10k in guild stores, and divines pieces are pretty cheap. The gear merchant in bruma sells hawks eye grab bags for 10k Alliance points. I just bought 5 and got four pieces of purple jewelry, so maybe start there if you have AP.

Kynes Kiss might come back into fashion is resource management is as bad as some predict. I used this like a year ago and it was awesome when stam regen was harder.

Automaton: I'm very interested in this. No idea how easy it will be to get.

Spriggans: almost as powerful as twice fanged. Probably would,give you same or even slightly better performance.

Kraghs is an excellent choice for a one piece buff. The penetration outperforms every other option.

Traits

Sharpened has always outperformed precise except on specialized crit builds. But either works. I'm not sure if update 14 will change that, and I'm not sure how crit-intense Wardens will be. If their crit is under like 65%, for sure sharpened outperforms.

Defensive is excellent for a retreat bar.

Purple is generally fine. Blue jewelry is fine until you're maximizing performance. But if you're c160+, earn those gold mats and get your weapons upgraded. I don't have numbers in front of me, but the increase to a weapon's damage is huge from purple to gold. It'll increase your damage output by 8-15%. Weapons are the first gear to make gold, esp bows since gold wood mats are cheap and easy to earn.
  • JiKama
    JiKama
    ✭✭✭✭
    I picked up the Night Mothers Embrace for the extra 5 piece trait weapon damage. Since I'm using a Kragh Helm I figured no need for spriggans. Buffed up I get around 3400-3500 weapon damage. For me that's pretty good considering I normally just purple my gear(I'm to cheap to gold it all) and try and make my own setup. I just don't like having a five piece Hudings with a 3 or 4 piece Night Mothers Gaze when Night Mothers Embrace gives 2 bonuses of weapon damage and some stam regen. Ive tried Spriggans, but it feels weaker. It may just be me though :smile: