The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

One place for DPS testing please

PokeMaule
PokeMaule
✭✭
Hi all,
I have recently purchased a target dummy to test DPS and practice rotations etc. all in the aim of getting involved in more trials and Vet trials.
Problem is nobody seems to be able to give a straight answer on what is a respectable DPS score.
The threads I have seen range from 15K - 50K and after reading more into it people are posting stupid scores that reflect Vet dungeons and Trial DPS full buffs and Debuffs the full mashings. This is all well and good when you can have an add on that gives you these results anytime you want but for us poor console players the target dummy is the ONLY way to get a recorded DPS score. Also from the threads I have noticed a lot of players practice their rotations alone so only have self buffs.

I'm hitting 21K dps on my stam sorc this is solo buffed etc. Is this enough? Will I be laughed out of Tamriel? Am I living in a fantasy land and have been carried all this way by my group mates? Nobody seems to be able to tell us a straight answer to help out the console guys and girls.

What I would like from the community is players to post SOLO test dummy only scores to help others see what can be achieved. These must be self buffed only, damage pots etc. are fine but basically only what you can do alone. This is not to complain about others poor DPS or rotations as I'm sure their are posts for that somewhere but purely target dummy solo DPS scores with a small amount of extra info that will help others (hopefully). I'm thinking race, class, gear and weapons along with damage pots and target dummy (normal/robust). I just want something actually getting everyone on the same page in regards to DPS to help out players such as myself and many others who are looking to improve.

Thanks in advance and I guess I'll start

Xbox
Redgaurd - Stam Sorc
Normal Dummy
5 NMG
5 Viper
2 Velidreth
Weapon power pots
Binyar-Tun Argonian DK Tank Ebonheart Pact. CP610 Hist Shadow
Ra' Zanir - Kajiit Mag NB DPS Aldmeri Dominion. CP610
Quasan Al Hallin - Redguard Stam Sorc DPS Daggerfall Covenant. CP610 Stormproof
Seyrena Althranis - Dunmer Magicka Sorc DPS Ebonheart Pact. CP610 Clockwork Confounder

XBONE GT - PokeMaule
Guildmaster - Unexpected Heroes
Member - Venom - Morrowind Academy - Tamriel BaseCamp

• Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PokeMaule wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I have recently purchased a target dummy to test DPS and practice rotations etc. all in the aim of getting involved in more trials and Vet trials.
    Problem is nobody seems to be able to give a straight answer on what is a respectable DPS score.
    The threads I have seen range from 15K - 50K and after reading more into it people are posting stupid scores that reflect Vet dungeons and Trial DPS full buffs and Debuffs the full mashings. This is all well and good when you can have an add on that gives you these results anytime you want but for us poor console players the target dummy is the ONLY way to get a recorded DPS score. Also from the threads I have noticed a lot of players practice their rotations alone so only have self buffs.

I'm hitting 21K dps on my stam sorc this is solo buffed etc. Is this enough? Will I be laughed out of Tamriel? Am I living in a fantasy land and have been carried all this way by my group mates? Nobody seems to be able to tell us a straight answer to help out the console guys and girls.

What I would like from the community is players to post SOLO test dummy only scores to help others see what can be achieved. These must be self buffed only, damage pots etc. are fine but basically only what you can do alone. This is not to complain about others poor DPS or rotations as I'm sure their are posts for that somewhere but purely target dummy solo DPS scores with a small amount of extra info that will help others (hopefully). I'm thinking race, class, gear and weapons along with damage pots and target dummy (normal/robust). I just want something actually getting everyone on the same page in regards to DPS to help out players such as myself and many others who are looking to improve.

Thanks in advance and I guess I'll start

Xbox
    Redgaurd - Stam Sorc
    Normal Dummy
    5 NMG
    5 Viper
    2 Velidreth
    Weapon power pots

Why would you need weapon power pots on your stam sorc?
  • PokeMaule
    PokeMaule
    ✭✭
    [/quote] Why would you need weapon power pots on your stam sorc?[/quote]

Because they were the potions I had on me at the time and they still provide the crit and in addition there is a long winded story of how a friend crafted me the wrong potions but that is irrelevant to this post a bit like your comment.

Like it says my friend the post is just to give an idea of the kind of DPS each class can achieve for example if I see 20 stam sorcs all pulling 30K Dps I know I'm doing something wrong. I already know I need some better gear and my rotation is not amazing but it would be nice to know if I'm at least on the right track.

Also CP woud be an idea too I'm CP542

Binyar-Tun Argonian DK Tank Ebonheart Pact. CP610 Hist Shadow
    Ra' Zanir - Kajiit Mag NB DPS Aldmeri Dominion. CP610
    Quasan Al Hallin - Redguard Stam Sorc DPS Daggerfall Covenant. CP610 Stormproof
    Seyrena Althranis - Dunmer Magicka Sorc DPS Ebonheart Pact. CP610 Clockwork Confounder

XBONE GT - PokeMaule
    Guildmaster - Unexpected Heroes
    Member - Venom - Morrowind Academy - Tamriel BaseCamp

• Zagnut123Zagnut123
    Zagnut123Zagnut123
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure stam is getting 35k + self buffed and 40k from a select few. I haven't played stam since pre homestead so I'm not the most reliable source at the moment. It does seem that you don't have optimal gear load out and it's possible your not light attack weaving or missing alot of them. I can image that getting a perfect rotation on console is quite hard with out a cooldown tracker.

In reality you currently have enough dps for all 4 man dungeons and the vet craglorn trials so I wouldn't worry. Getting high dps takes alot of practice and muscle memory.
  • WatchYourSixx
    WatchYourSixx
    ✭✭✭✭
    In order to be competitive in trials PvE content, I would say 30-32k is a very doable benchmark for every dps class stamina or Magicka. By that I mean that's where you generally want to start at. I see no reason why you shouldn't​ be able to obtain this with 4 man content monster helms, crafted gear, and willpower or agility jewelry and crafted sharp weapons. Anything over 20k for 4 man content is most likely way more than what the average player pulls... So you should be able to complete those with ease.

I suggest finding normal trials runs to get you the vicious ophidian jewelry and learning the basic mechanics.. they are a lot more scarce than vet runs, but surely there's somewhere that runs them.

A lot of your dps comes from CP, as I did a test with my Magicka DK, with no blue CP vs Max blue CP (note I didn't change my red or green as I wanted same environment except dps boosts).

For this test I got 21k dps with 0 blue CP spent, and 37k with Max blue CP. My rotation was the exact same except the 21k parse was significantly longer.

If you have the right gear, then all that's left is getting your rotation. But for stamina the right gear tends to affect your dps a lot more than having the right rotation. Maelstrom dual wield weapons make way too much of an impact on stamina dps.
    Edited by WatchYourSixx on May 14, 2017 5:48PM
    The only thing to fear is, fear itself. - FDR

CP 800
    PC NA

- Maximus the Marksman (AD) Temp
    - Rex the Unstoppable Force (DC) DK
    - Sodor Dragonfire (DC) DK
    - Masha'Dar Shadow-Paw (DC) NB
    - Magnus the Mage (DC) Sorc
  • mobicera
    mobicera
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Redgaurd Stam Sorc 600cp
    5 VO
    5 NMG
    2 Kraghs

32k average
    (I'm not perfect on Stam Sorc screw up rotation at times)
    Done on normal dummy on ps4
    Edited by mobicera on May 15, 2017 7:37PM
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A "minimum" for vet trials is around 30k. 35k is the more like the actual minimum requirement for most guilds, but 30k is enough. Without Major Fracture, that is (and Stam Sorcs can't self buff it anyway).

And always use potions to buff Brutality and Savagery. Using Crit Surge is a DPS loss.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Trashkan
    Trashkan
    ✭✭✭
    25k is enough to beat any trial I think 20k is ok even for vmol. It's really about not dieing and knowing mechanics. If you can put 25k on your dummy you should hit 30 with trial buffs which is plenty. Now for hardmode challenges 30k is recommended that means not dieing!!! I'm gonna say it one more time stop f******* dieing lol!!!!
    Edited by Trashkan on May 31, 2017 5:09PM
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obviously higher is better, since your CP is almost maxed you won't get much of a boost from getting the rest, but you should be able to hit around 30k self buffed pretty reliably on a stam sorc.
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter