The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Serjustin19 Reasons On Why Faction Lock For The Duration Of A Campaign Is Bad (Mainly, For Balance)

Serjustin19
Serjustin19
✭✭✭✭✭
I originaly posted this in a comment. Should Players Be locked into a faction for the duration of a campaign? Many says yes bring back faction lock. But I say no. Eventhough at first yes. So since it kinda lead to more of a balance topic in that comment. I want to post my seperate Thread.

Here is link. But I copied the things I wrote to here below link. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/326339/0/#Form_Comment
What you all think?

I used to agree, yes bring back lock I thought. But the more I thought about my history in Cyrodiil for 2+yrs. From DC originally, to EP to AD, In both 1st and 2nd Scourge PS4 EU. Plus my recent time in Haderus, until it gets deleted on June 6.

By me serving all 3 alliances, I honestly believe I was not meant to stay in 1 alliance. Why? Why can't I be loyal? Why am I always looked down by certain others? Why do certain others refuse to revive me, even though I thought I was trying to accomplish something wonderful for that certain alliance?

So let me say the very same thing I wrote in EP zone in Haderus PS4 EU, 4 days ago. " I just don't get it and don't understand. Sure I been there longest in certain campaign, more or less here. I so not used to play on winning side, all the time. It feels unnatural to me. In honestly I not like it. So used to help those who I feel need my help. For 2+YRS. Part of reason I not loyal to anyone. I know it wrong, But I want fun for all 3."

Yesterday I went back To AD., From 2 days of serving EP as guest. EP has been struggling Ever since I came to Haderus from 2nd deletion of Scourge. I have helped them for 3 weeks and 5 days. 3 weeks originally I served red. Considered a AD, so went back to AD, considered a red on AD, So I guess I'm considered orange. The other 5 days I volunteered to help EP. 2 days being recent.

But, I have helped EP get 2 Emps, on those 2 recent days when I was EP. It was marvelous, I felt really awesome and very happy to help. Why? Why does it felt awesome and very happy? I'll tell you why. It's mainly due to EP zone chat in Haderus PS4 EU. They where so happy, full of cheer, full of life, full of happiness. They where so very glad that they finally have EMP. Finally after long time of struggling against AD and DC zerg.

This is what I fight for. This is where I feel belong. This is why I'm not loyal to anyone, I was meant to help other alliances whom I considered hurting (more or less in Haderus) I feel so alive, Eventhough I may not have faction pride. It's my calling. I want to save Cyrodiil, I want others on all 3 alliances to have fun. Not 2 Alliances.

I know others say they don't care. But in honestly I feel kinda offended no offense because not everyone cares of what I want to do. But I do care, I feel like I'm the only one, who can make Cyrodiil right again. No to make Cyrodiil great and awesome again, Just like the very Cyrodiil of Old.

So tell me this, do I believe we should have the Alliance lock again? Even most say yes. I will have to respectfully say no. I believe it's better off to have no locks. Especially for the ones, who is like myself whom wants to aid hurting alliances. But same time, I believe others should visit there fiends to.

But as for me I believe I will continue to aid hurting Alliance. Maybe settle down in 1 alliance later on. Sometime in future But I will keep watching how EP is doing when I'm visiting AD. Good chance I'll aid them again before Haderus Deletion. But sorry it got to balance thing. I will start a new thread of my comment. But it's what I think about alliance lock for the duration of campaign like how it used to be.
Edited by Serjustin19 on May 31, 2017 4:55PM
Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is what I fight for. This is where I feel belong. This is why I'm not loyal to anyone, I was meant to help other alliances whom I considered hurting (more or less in Haderus) I feel so alive, Even though I may not have faction pride. It's my calling. I want to save Cyrodiil, I want others on all 3 alliances to have fun. Not 2 Alliances.

very very cool to read that you have a better understanding of your place in the alliance war...that makes me happy to hear :)
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    This is what I fight for. This is where I feel belong. This is why I'm not loyal to anyone, I was meant to help other alliances whom I considered hurting (more or less in Haderus) I feel so alive, Even though I may not have faction pride. It's my calling. I want to save Cyrodiil, I want others on all 3 alliances to have fun. Not 2 Alliances.

very very cool to read that you have a better understanding of your place in the alliance war...that makes me happy to hear :)

Thank you. Now I'm uncertain if I should have wrote this. Or I shouldn't have written this link in EP zone. 1 asked if I was going do suicide. Which I not. Another one said, I just seeking attention. But it's allright. I honestly thinking of playing Black Desert Online when Morrowind comes. Unsure. I may or may not. But all I want to do is help.
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're going to help the hurting Alliance in Scourge, it's the same as settling down. You're going to be EP. It's always you, EP. Lol.

Your reasons for allowing Alliance swap in a campaign are all valid. The problem, however, is that people aren't using it to play the noble mercenary, swooping in to assist the defenseless. They're using it to create a mega Zerg, capture most of the map, then flip over and take it all back on another faction to farm AP. It's annoying for other players who'd like to play the game as a war game, not a Zerg ap farm.

There's also the cheating issue. This weekend in my campaign, EP wanted to cheat to get a scroll back because they didn't have the numbers to retrieve it from AD territory. So a known EP vet logged into a low level AD nightblade, and his team worked to hand him the scroll. He was then able to walk it to EP territory and golds couldn't touch him. As an additional problem, he was a foul-mouthed little %#€#% on text chat, mocking everyone over what he'd done. Yes, he'll be reported. But every AD player on the map saw the cheat, and this sort of behavior discourages people from learning and playing Pvp.

Playing with friends is important, but eliminating toxic play styles in pvp is more important. Faction locking would accomplish some of this...but it's possible they could accomplish it another way (say...a 50,000 ap cost to switch factions each time?)