The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Are you serious Clark?

ookami007
ookami007
✭✭✭✭✭
Tell the people who price the items to LAY OF THE WEED.

400 crowns for a scroll that removes a single day? Are you serious Clark?
30550314f044d524962bfa95df8d92716d1b0fe65ee74f20c49e3cc5d086b972.jpg

• Dread_Guy
    Dread_Guy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who is Clark?
    "My name is Julius Decimus Heraclius, Guildmaster of the Scions of the Sun, Brigadier of the Covenant Army, loyal servant to the High King Emeric. Brother to a betrayed legion, son to a fallen empire. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next." ---Julius Decimus Heraclius (Imperial Templar)
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait... Does it remove a day from the past? Or the future?

'Cause one of those would be really handy.
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hark, do not bark at Clark nor stumble in the dark, for thy scroll is made of tree bark.

confused.gif
    Edited by Stovahkiin on May 27, 2017 2:56AM
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who is Clark?
    I believe it's Clark Griswold, from the movie "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation."
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCoOcBv01aA

Edited by SydneyGrey on May 26, 2017 6:24AM
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This situation would be better described with Rick and Carl Meme.
    1psuby.jpg
    EU PC: @logarifmik | Languages: Русский, English
    Dimitri Frernis | Breton Sorcerer | Damage Dealer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Scales-of-Ice | Argonian Warden | Tank / Healer | Daggerfall Covenant
  • ookami007
    ookami007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    logarifmik wrote: »
    This situation would be better described with Rick and Carl Meme.
    1psuby.jpg

Awesome!

• SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think people would buy lots of them at 40 crowns, but 400 is just stupid. What a waste.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS are terrible at pricing Crown items. Shocking news for sure. :tongue:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Xexpo
    Xexpo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just let them buy all the things.
    Without them, we go free to play.
    Kiki Dickson ~~~ Dixmanian Devil ~~~ Cornelius Buckshank Jr.
    Histy-Fitz ~~~ Boozemer ~~~ Chace X'expo
    Lluvia De'Fuego ~~~ Shakes Spear
    Macro and Cheese NA/PC
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like them at this price. If you buy them in game it only costs 3 master writ vouchers, so a half-decent crafter can keep up with any money-bags who wants to race to research a new trait. It's nice to see crafters getting more stuff.

This will stop zos from being accused of P2W when the new traits get announced/released.
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • ookami007
    ookami007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jim_Pipp wrote: »
    I like them at this price. If you buy them in game it only costs 3 master writ vouchers, so a half-decent crafter can keep up with any money-bags who wants to race to research a new trait. It's nice to see crafters getting more stuff.

This will stop zos from being accused of P2W when the new traits get announced/released.

So you can buy these in game? I did not know that. I still think it's outrageous in crowns. But 3 writ vouchers seems do-able.
  • Ruse
    Ruse
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think they're very smart about offering both big-ticket items and items for the "It's only X crowns, at that price, why not?" crowd -- which, judging by mobile games, is a very healthy market.

I know I'd probably not be sitting on several months' worth of unspent ESO plus crowns if things like costumes and hairstyles and personalities were cheaper, because I wouldn't necessarily feel like I had to justify the cost versus how much I use it.

Paying $40+ for a mount? I feel like it would need to be for my main character and would need to be her primary mount. $5 for a mount? Sure, it's cute, and I'll use it when I'm doing X or exploring X or for Halloween, etc.

You can tap both markets, it's not either-or. I feel like ESO is only targeting the big-ticket market.
    Edited by Ruse on May 28, 2017 9:56PM
    Travels in Tamriel (screenshots + light RP blog)
    _.._.._.._.._.._.._

Jubilee | warden healer | white orc swamp witch
    Sarielle | templar healer | Imperial good girl

My Skyrim mods:
    Classic | SE
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    I think people would buy lots of them at 40 crowns, but 400 is just stupid. What a waste.

Then buy them ingame for wit vouchers
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »

Then buy them ingame for wit vouchers

If there were wit vouchers the forum certainly should get those. ;)
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Only 3 vouchers? I was expecting them to be at least 10. And, don't they take a day off all research for that craft, so if you have three items researching, it reduces them all by a day?

Not saying that 400 crowns for this is worth it, but I think it's a fair price for something you can also get in game. And, it's much easier to get these in-game than the XP potions.
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xexpo wrote: »
    Just let them buy all the things.
    Without them, we go free to play.

i think you have that wrong... they will buy all the things, and hence the game will go free-to-play... This is the typical cycle. They need more whales in game to blow money in the crownstore... this is achieved by getting more people playing the game, which occurs when the pay to play barrier is removed. Watch for more "free to play" periods before the official announcement.

I think this roadmap will also reveal at least part of the motivation for making MORROWIND an expansion versus DLC.
  • RomansXXI
    RomansXXI
    ✭✭✭
    400 crowns for a single day is outrageous. So 400 crowns to remove a day and final trait research takes 30 days SO YOURE TELLING ME I HAVE TO USE 12,000 CROWNS TO COMPLETE THE RESEARCH QUICKLY? Screw that id rather wait 2 months maybe even 6 at that rate. 50-75 crowns per day would be reasonable. Anyone who buys this might need to consider locking their credit card in a safe and sinking it.