The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Returning player and not sure were to start building my character

Grinzzer62
Hello as title says returning player and not sure where to start building my character, I was playing NB magic vampirism dw with bow (back when eso first released). Now I went with Stam bow mh not sure oh was thinking maybe dw, but guides and such I am reading say bow isn't really best suited as main DMG weapons but a second hand weapon and I should go 2h or dw for main hand.
So I am asking wat are my options as far as going bow mh or magic dw I am open to suggestions on class and such just I would like to get either get vampirism or lycanthrope disease just for Passives mainly and stay in the ebonheart pact races. I don't care about being the best or anything but would still like to be competitive and not a carry in pvp and pve either thoe just really trying to figure out my options.
  • Arenguros
    Arenguros
    ✭✭✭
    Hi there.

Atm vampire is a solid choice as it increases your stamina and magicka regeneration.
    As it stands you have a few things to decide:
    Is your main focus PvE or PvP?
    Do you want to have a stamina or a magicka build? Hybrids aren't really viable, as your damage depends on the max. resource.
    Stamina builds will mostly use weapons abiltities from the dw/2h/bow lines.
    Magicka builds will use a staff and more class abilities. Some carry dw on one bar, but only to get another set-bonus.

PvP again is vastly different and will have a lot tankier setups with a few gank builds in between.
  • Grinzzer62
    Hmmm we'll prolly mainly pvp is wat I would be shooting at, I would pve mainly to do the content and for cool items. As for which build it would depend on what I'm using I would like to do a stam bow build but like I said before I'm used to a magic dw build where I'm not using dw abilities as much as I am assassination skills tree I would like to do a dw/destro/vampire or dw/conjured/vampire build but with the stam bow build I would use 2h back up mainly for close Meele fighting but bow to kinda kite and poisons, idk how well that's sounds thoe I don't want to harp my team and be a Carrie either thoe