The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Mage Sorcerer Unconventional Builds

TheDarkoil
TheDarkoil
✭✭✭
Basically I haven't played much for about 8 months and just wondered what builds or equipment I could aim for.

At the moment I'm running Julianos/Destruction Magic + Monster helm which gives about 1k health. Stats with food buff are
Mag - 41k
Spell power 1900
Crit - 56%
Health 20k

Fairly sure before I had a cp option which reduced mana of spells at about 15-20% but that isn't available now.

I've got an alternative full of random monster pieces and about 25 undaunted keys which I could use for other pieces to try and complete some of the sets.

I've seen 2 sets now that boost pet use so is a pet build good with dual full sets now say for something like vma?

Is there any builds which are based on ultimate use, trying to throw down meteors as often as possible?

I also saw someone talking about a dual wielding mage Sorcerer for the extra equipment spell buff then simply using spells that aren't from a staff which sounds crazy.

Just open to any ideas.

• aLi3nZ
    aLi3nZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Currently running this build for PVP no cp battle grounds. Do not have screen cap. Kinda feel stuck to using necropotence because the magika bonus is just too good to pass up compared to a 40k magika build

Current build Has 45k Magika - no mage light or bound aegis slotted.
    About 2700 spell power and 2k regen

5x Necropotence - Including defending trait lightning staff with spell power glyph.
    5x Lich
    2x Pirate Skelly

Another couple of builds (self buffed):

Necropotence/Lich:
    KMzS7BI.jpg

Necropotence/Amberplasm
    4BV5Ki4.png
  • TheDarkoil
    TheDarkoil
    ✭✭✭
    aLi3nZ wrote: »
    Currently running this build for PVP no cp battle grounds. Do not have screen cap. Kinda feel stuck to using necropotence because the magika bonus is just too good to pass up compared to a 40k magika build

Current build Has 45k Magika - no mage light or bound aegis slotted.
    About 2700 spell power and 2k regen

5x Necropotence - Including defending trait lightning staff with spell power glyph.
    5x Lich
    2x Pirate Skelly

Another couple of builds (self buffed):

Necropotence/Lich:
    KMzS7BI.jpg

Necropotence/Amberplasm
    4BV5Ki4.png

Dayum they all have some fair beasty stats, never seen the pirate monster set might have to check it out. I've got a fair few pieces of necropotence and Lich in divine, never had amberplasm before can that be purchased or is it a bop drop?
  • aLi3nZ
    aLi3nZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Amberplasm is a bind on pickup drop that is great for PVP and sustain in general because of the stam+magika recovery + extra spell power. You get it from Ruins of Mazzturn. Its a bit of a tough farm for this set if you want all purple jewelry pieces and the staff(s). If you dont care about those peices you can run normal mode and get the required pieces reasonably easy.

Set bonuses (from memory) x2 +668 Spell crit x3 + 126 Spell power x4 967 magika x5 +300 Magika and Stamina Recovery.

Love the set but I also like wearing 1 medium and 1 heavy piece monster helm set and its not possible to do this without going duel wield front or using lich for back bar. This is why I changed to necro/lich/2x monster helm peices. Pirate skelly makes you more tanky. If I want high damage and am not worried about taking damage and want to try rely on big shields and dish out more damage, I swap to using 1x Llambris and 1x Infernal Guardian as they both have max magika bonus.