The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can someone help me identify this greatsword style?

TwistedMindGame
TwistedMindGame
Soul Shriven
I am trying to find a style for my friend's greatsword.
I do not have pictures right now, but I will post them soon in an edit to this post.
For now, the parameters of this style are as follows:
This style CAN be found as a set-less drop item, which leads me to believe it is a base racial style.
He says it may drop in Rivenspire, and some might adorn the walls of a certain vampire/gargoyle boss.
This greatsword has a face engraved in the hilt.
It looks incredibly similar to Orc style, but it is NOT orc. It's blade and hilt are shaped the same as the oricalcum orc greatsword minus the face engraving.

My question is this: is this a craftable style I can find, or is this some kind of slight modification of orc style that can only be found as a drop?
  • TwistedMindGame
    TwistedMindGame
    Soul Shriven
    https://m.imgur.com/gallery/etr02
    Pictures are available it this link. My friend got me one of the sword itself and the inventory icon.
    Edited by TwistedMindGame on May 30, 2017 8:09AM
  • Jonno
    Jonno
    ✭✭✭
    imgur doesnt work
    PC / EU
    |Chimaira
    |Thats What She Said
    |Call Of The Undaunted
    |Unfinished Business

TinkerBell - Orc Stamplar - Tick Tock Tormentor
    Aelin - Bosmer Stamplar - Tick Tock Tormentor
    Prıncess - Dunmer - Mag NB - Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Cher Lloyd - Dunmer - Sorc - Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Luna Lovegøød - Dunmer - Templar - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    Leíghton - Redguard - Stam DK - Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
  • Shanjijri
    Shanjijri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Which set it is?

(Sorry, my bad English trolled me. I tried to look in ESO Fashion, but I did not find it.)
    Edited by Shanjijri on May 30, 2017 8:18AM
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does it say that it's a "unique item" in the item tooltip? I can't find it on ESO Fashion or ESO-styles either
    PC/EU DC
  • Darth_Trumpious
    Darth_Trumpious
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's ORC style, using higher level mats.
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's ORC style, using higher level mats.
    It certainly does have the same general shape as the Orc greatsword :
    https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/orc-ebon-greatsword/
    But the one he shows has a more intricate design, it might be a quest reward or a unique weapon that drops from bosses or something.

Edited by Saoirse_Siobhan on May 30, 2017 11:26AM
    PC/EU DC
  • TwistedMindGame
    TwistedMindGame
    Soul Shriven
    He says it's not part of any particular set, that it's not unique, and he has one on his EU vet rank EP, NA Lvl 26 EP, and NA lvl 8 DC characters, all obtained during different patches, and in different areas. For instance his level 8 version was dropped in Bangkorai, killing random mobs around the vampire shrine area.
    I'm thinking this must be some kind of unique orc sword, but damned if I've ever got one myself that I can remember.
    The part that's bugging me tho is that all 3 of these swords he's got share the same appearance, despite their vastly different material brackets.
    Still, I appreciate all your help so far, and I hope that this mystery can at least be partially solved.
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's Orc style.
    All of the base 10 racial styles have a 5th variant weapon (and shield) like this that has never been added to the crafting system for some reason, but can occasionally be found as stealable items throughout the world.
    So this is the 5th Orcish style for greatswords.

I really never understood why they didn't add these styles, they look great. Ever since release, style progression for the base styles stops at level 36. It's really disappointing.
    Although some of the 5th Nord variants have been added for the Draugr style set, like the staff.

This is a really old overview, but since the styles we are talking about have been with us since release it doesn't matter:
    dbnuBo1.jpg
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.