The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

errrr, why were all campaign names changed ?

raviour
raviour
✭✭✭✭
blackwater blade we will miss you, doing /cry with an old friend last night was emotional. take 1 minutes silence for this great campaign and never forget the late great thornblade.
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it was announced that the names of the campaigns would be changing... many of us dislike the change though
    Edited by W0lf_z13 on May 22, 2017 1:11PM
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • Eweroun
    Eweroun
    ✭✭✭✭
    Because Vivec is quite a powerfull god...
    He likely said something like:

"If you don't want a meteor on ya heads... give me some honour!"
    |Lunar Lattice - Guildmaster / Fullmoon group raidlead|
    |Potato Knights - former core member|
    |former dd-"The Phoenix Reborn", former raidlead "Omnia Vincit /Playdead"|

clears: vCrag HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM (+2) - vCR+3 - vSS HM
  • raviour
    raviour
    ✭✭✭✭
    yes but why ? my life has revolved around campaigns for a long time, a 'cosmetic' name change just seems weird. i guess it's just for morrowind hype. #BRINGBACKBLACKWATER
  • Jonno
    Jonno
    ✭✭✭
    likely to distinguish that there are a lot of campaign changes
    PC / EU
    |Chimaira
    |Thats What She Said
    |Call Of The Undaunted
    |Unfinished Business

TinkerBell - Orc Stamplar - Tick Tock Tormentor
    Aelin - Bosmer Stamplar - Tick Tock Tormentor
    Prıncess - Dunmer - Mag NB - Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Cher Lloyd - Dunmer - Sorc - Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Luna Lovegøød - Dunmer - Templar - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    Leíghton - Redguard - Stam DK - Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
  • Nihilos
    Nihilos
    ✭✭✭
    It's not a name change, they are brand new campaigns. The old campaigns no longer exist
  • Jonno
    Jonno
    ✭✭✭
    hopefully they are on new and improved servers also
    PC / EU
    |Chimaira
    |Thats What She Said
    |Call Of The Undaunted
    |Unfinished Business

TinkerBell - Orc Stamplar - Tick Tock Tormentor
    Aelin - Bosmer Stamplar - Tick Tock Tormentor
    Prıncess - Dunmer - Mag NB - Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Cher Lloyd - Dunmer - Sorc - Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Luna Lovegøød - Dunmer - Templar - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    Leíghton - Redguard - Stam DK - Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
  • Teulisch
    Teulisch
    Haderus was a low-pop 7-day, and no longer exists except on consoles. for those of us on PC it is simply gone, and will be missed.

I find myself wondering if i should place my home in the remaining 7-day (non-champ), or just stick to the only champ campaign we have left that will be constantly pop-locked now. its that pop-lock that worries me most...
  • smsmcp
    smsmcp
    Soul Shriven
    RIP Haderus
    Almalexia - Ruleset: 7 day Non-Champ
    Sotha Sil – Ruleset: 30 day Non-Champ
    Vivec – Ruleset: 30 day Champ
    Kyne – Ruleset: 7 day level 10-49 Non-Champ
    Only 1 Champ option to pick from. Battle grounds champ turned off. Way to kill PVP. Makes you question why i did grind to get 630 CP to sit in a lock pop que at number 100+
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In honor of invading the Dunmer lands with the Imperial "Dark Elf" name.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • raviour
    raviour
    ✭✭✭✭
    oh my god that information is terrible, zos bring a roll-back please. having no cp does not affect lag, you tested this in your pve heroes farm ap week and get banned for exploiting with 200+ queues and constant crashes. cp is ok but now the cp campaign will have massive queues and no option for pro players to small scale like we did on haderus. r.i.p. small scale cp pvp :(
    Edited by raviour on May 22, 2017 3:45PM
  • agrr70
    agrr70
    ✭✭✭
    Only one CP campaign now? thats f**king ***,
    Smell my Cheese,
    Bowtard,feed me your tears
    PC EU Vivec
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    raviour wrote: »
    blackwater blade we will miss you, doing /cry with an old friend last night was emotional. take 1 minutes silence for this great campaign and never forget the late great thornblade.

AGREED!

BWB, needs to be re-named back to BWB! Some things you just don't !#&! with.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because if it ain't broke, break it! :D
  • apostate9
    apostate9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They were not renamed. They were closed.

These are fresh campaigns.
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They... They took away my BwB and Azura's??

zvCw1LK.gif
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stovahkiin wrote: »
    They... They took away my BwB and Azura's??

zvCw1LK.gif

we need a campaign to restore the BLACK WATER BLADE name!!!!! Who's down?
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes but why ? my life has revolved around campaigns for a long time, a 'cosmetic' name change just seems weird. i guess it's just for morrowind hype. #BRINGBACKBLACKWATER

seriously, BWB needs to happen... we need to rally on this. You don't @*#&^ with BWB... you just don't!
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because if it ain't broke, break it! :D

that's a WROBEL quote right? ;)
  • Alphaa
    Alphaa
    ✭✭✭
    Do campaigns now scale of my maximum level, instead of my maximum stamina/magicka?

Let me guess, this is a buff if my maximum stam/magicka is below 7k
    Edited by Alphaa on May 24, 2017 11:51PM
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I totally agree with @Publius_Scipio in another thread where he said the new campaign names are boring. like, we have names of daedric artifacts at launch. made you think. sounded cool af.

now? generic.

lets call all the countries in the world: The President; The Pope; The Prime Minister

see how that flies.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• Malic
    Malic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They were changed because ZOS invested a great deal of time into morphing the VR system to CP. The new system, CP evolved to a juggernaut of bad outcomes in PVP. It was easy to mitigate the OP system in PVE you just make bosses hit harder, PVP much more complex. Additionally CP was creating lag situations as the calculation load on the server was at times prohibitive.

Overall the CP system has been a text book case of a good idea implemented by a bad dev team, or more specifically a dev team who didnt understand the consequences of their changes to the full breadth of their game.

So to your question? The names were changed to create the psychological effect of eliminating historic associations AND to reduce the amount of CP campaigns. See the issue really is, when you have a flawed system like CP, and the historic investment into it you cant simply overhaul it. Particularly for only part of your game PVP.

So they are funneling people to non CP campaigns, with new names in the hopes that you'll play in them so there wont be CP issues and you wont complain. This way they dont have to address them in a meaningful way as that would negatively impact the PVE offerings which is the direction the company is going.

My hypothesis but as I have been told by multiple GF's over the years, Im always right.
    Edited by Malic on May 26, 2017 12:43PM
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ this makes perfect sense.

i dont mind noCP pvp - just scale the proc set and poison effectiveness as those were introduced with CP in mind
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    oh my god that information is terrible, zos bring a roll-back please. having no cp does not affect lag, you tested this in your pve heroes farm ap week and get banned for exploiting with 200+ queues and constant crashes. cp is ok but now the cp campaign will have massive queues and no option for pro players to small scale like we did on haderus. r.i.p. small scale cp pvp :(

Yeah its really unfortunate. I definitely agree with this. I realize Battlegrounds are meant to pull some of the action but I know a lot of people who are bummed out about this.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »
    I totally agree with @Publius_Scipio in another thread where he said the new campaign names are boring. like, we have names of daedric artifacts at launch. made you think. sounded cool af.

now? generic.

lets call all the countries in the world: The President; The Pope; The Prime Minister

see how that flies.

Yeah we did have cool Campaign names like 'Dawnbreaker'.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    smsmcp wrote: »
    RIP Haderus
    Almalexia - Ruleset: 7 day Non-Champ
    Sotha Sil – Ruleset: 30 day Non-Champ
    Vivec – Ruleset: 30 day Champ
    Kyne – Ruleset: 7 day level 10-49 Non-Champ
    Only 1 Champ option to pick from. Battle grounds champ turned off. Way to kill PVP. Makes you question why i did grind to get 630 CP to sit in a lock pop que at number 100+

what?? only one CP campaign??? WTH ZOS???
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Monday night ... 21:30 ... entering vivec camp takes 20 mins.

Ty ZOS :/