The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Books in the game. Is it possible collect all?

santialonso
santialonso
✭✭✭
Hi!

As the title says, I would like to know if it's possible collect every book in the game or, by other hand, some books are impossible to collect beacuse of existing restricted zones after completing certain quests.
  • Curtdogg47
    Curtdogg47
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would assume you can collect all books that are in the library any time. There could be a few that might require you to need certain keeps under you alliance control to get them. Like the 4 skyshards in PVP.

But to be honest I don't know for sure.
  • santialonso
    santialonso
    ✭✭✭
    Hi!

Thank you for your response, but using the Lorebook addon, there are some books inside certains zones I don't able to access after completing the quests associates to this zones.

I don't know if this notes or books can be found in another places.
    Edited by santialonso on May 24, 2017 10:55AM
  • drakhan2002_ESO
    drakhan2002_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some yes. For example when you complete the main quest line, especially when you go after Sia, the Torture Technique books will appear outside the Harborage if you did not pick them up inside the quest.

Some of the FG quests work the same way. You will find the missed books in the FG associated with that progression stage of the FG questline.

However, I would imagine that some of the books would be locked behind questwalls, if you didn't pick it up during the quest.
  • santialonso
    santialonso
    ✭✭✭
    Hello!

It would be sad if you can't complete all the collections of books.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some yes. For example when you complete the main quest line, especially when you go after Sia, the Torture Technique books will appear outside the Harborage if you did not pick them up inside the quest.

Some of the FG quests work the same way. You will find the missed books in the FG associated with that progression stage of the FG questline.

However, I would imagine that some of the books would be locked behind questwalls, if you didn't pick it up during the quest.
    If there's an entry for it in the lore library, you should be able to pick it up somewhere. If it was quest-related, there shoild be another copy placed somewhere that is still accessible, such as outside the dungeon, by the quest giver, or by the quest turn-in. Any book that doesn't have a way to pick it up after the quest is bugged, and should be reported as such.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Path
    Path
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can't answer the question however, when I read my 2,500th book, a message came up and said,
    "Wow, you really wanted to read 2,500 books!"

I thought it was funny. Flashed to quick for a screenshot. :(
    Fairy Tales Really Do Come True...Kinda.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Path wrote: »
    Can't answer the question however, when I read my 2,500th book, a message came up and said,

LoreBooks add-on ;)
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • santialonso
    santialonso
    ✭✭✭
    For example, can you tell me where can I find these notes?

- The Gifts of Magnus.
    - The Fires of Truth.
    - Letter to an Aldarch.

Thank you.
  • Bonzodog01
    Bonzodog01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are other threads around here that talk about ongoing progress with missing/bugged books. Also, check out

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Books#Collections

Thats @Enodoc 's own site that is possibly the biggest and most comprehensive collection of lore, maps, and book locations.
    Xbox One - EU - EP/DC
    Trying and failing to hold the walls of his Templar house up since 2015
  • Path
    Path
    ✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Path wrote: »

LoreBooks add-on ;)

Nice!
    Fairy Tales Really Do Come True...Kinda.