The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

CTF and Domination

BraidasNM
BraidasNM
✭✭✭✭
These game modes need some adjusting.

CTF: Disallow sprint and all movement speed buffs while holding a relic. If a stam build pops an immov/speed pot for example and just books it theres not much you can do. Two teams will often be fighting while a player from the third just grabs one and scores in ~5 secs bc the maps are so small.

Domination: The flags turn way too fast which causes the same issue as CTF where teams are sprinting around the map avoiding one another. Double how long they take to flip so teams actually have time to defend them.

Probably some other things that could be changed, list suggestions here if you like.
Youtube

"I like to think of myself as the good cop and braidas as the bad cop. Hes the little devil on DC's shoulder, im the angel" -Subtomik
  • Malibulove
    Malibulove
    ✭✭✭
    They should add some of the Cyrodiil flag and scroll mechanics to Capture and Domination.

At the very least on Capture the Flag it should work similar to how you burn Forward Camps (requires you perform an animation, doesn't work if you're taking damage). So that playing defense or scrumming for the Flags is actually possible.

Slowing down the speed with which objectives can be obtained if somebody is a live and defending would help Domination for the same reasons. Defense and holding flags would actually become possible, which would add a lot more strategy to the map since just abandoning defense to 4-stack a flag would actually have some consequences and counter play.
    Chill Bro of Chill Bros

Hooked-on-a-Feeling - Stamsorc (EP)
    Freddíe Mercury - Lead singer of Queen (EP)
    A Blizzard Wizard Lizard - P2Warden (DC)
    Prequels Anakin - Mageblade (AD)
  • Trashkan
    Trashkan
    ✭✭✭
    Ya domination is kinda lame but I only played it once so you can't really take this for much but as a mdk I felt like I was too slow and never had stam cause I was chasing stam toons around then all of a sudden wham I get jumped with no stats. Maybe add some siege on the perimeter so we can shoot them dang nightbladrs down???
    Edited by Trashkan on May 26, 2017 11:33AM
  • Ahzek
    Ahzek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually find domination to be the most fun of all gamemodes. It felt to me like mindless play had the most impact there, with people who keep roaming the map as 4 getting rightfully stomped, while small fights around the flags between more mindful players actually were a lot of fun.
    Jo'Khaljor
  • BraidasNM
    BraidasNM
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ahzek wrote: »
    I actually find domination to be the most fun of all gamemodes. It felt to me like mindless play had the most impact there, with people who keep roaming the map as 4 getting rightfully stomped, while small fights around the flags between more mindful players actually were a lot of fun.

I've had some fun domination matches, but I've also had plenty where a team with 1 or no kills wins. The problem is if you have a 4v4 lasting more than a couple seconds the other team is going to cap the entire map. So, the answer is to simply avoid such fights and cap the least defended flags.

Is it tactical? Somewhat, but It doesn't feel fun to constantly disengage.
    Youtube

"I like to think of myself as the good cop and braidas as the bad cop. Hes the little devil on DC's shoulder, im the angel" -Subtomik
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If battlegrounds become successful long term I would like to see different sort of map for CTF. In other games this mode often includes alternate paths, tunnels, etc. It would be challenging to implement in 3-way faction battleground, but could be a lot of fun.

In the short term I think CTF could be improved a lot by requiring a little more time to pick up or deliver flags, something like picking up a scroll or burning forward camp in Cyrodiil. Currently it's a bit too fast. It takes a lot more time to kill someone to make them drop the flag.

Domination mode personally I find a bit boring and would prefer to be able to queue only for deathmatch or CTF. Maybe it would be more interesting if you got a lot more points in Domination for holding the big flag in the center of the map.

Deathmatch is the most fun mode, especially on Foyada Quarry and Ularra maps. I found Ald Carac map seems to be lacking something compared to the other two. Maybe the traps area in the center needs some kind of walkway extending above it, so you can fight on there with chance to fall down. Hard to pinpoint the reason, but this one is not quite as fun as the other two maps.
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    CTF is really, really dumb and needs to be completely redesigned.

Death match with extended 4v4v4 action is awesome.
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

• Takllin
    Takllin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe slowing down points for holding flags and adding points for killing players on flags could help domination get more action.
    Jadokis - AD Redguard DK v16 AR 18
    Jàsènn - AD Orc Templar 47 AR 10
    Jessèn - AD Dunmer DK v16 AR 9 - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade

Tekllin - AD Altmer Sorcerer v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Tekklin - AD Bosmer Nightblade v16 AR 12 (Ret.)
    Jasenn - DC Imperial Templar v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Jasènn - DC Orc Sorcerer v16 AR 15 (Ret.)