The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Level 50...continue to 160 or work on Alts?

BuzzZaw60
BuzzZaw60
Hello all Fellow ESO Travelers...

I'm almost at Level 50....48....with my main (Breton Sorc) and was all gung-*** on moving even more ahead when I remembered a response to a question on Champion points someone suggesting get your Alts up using the daily bonus.

I actually have two other characters in the mid 20's with one I really started to enjoy, a Drumer DK and the other was fun to, a Khajiit NB. And I wouldn't mind starting a Templar either...

As I understand it, the CP once earned is spread to your other Alts no matter the level but the Vets are the only one who earns them. And once you hit Level 50 there is a daily bonus that kicks in which is something like 400K?.....not sure on this total or time frame if any?

I see several players with several characters all the time, here or playing and I've always liked various characters...Warframe, Diablo, etc....to keep the game moving. So for some of you that have multiple characters, how did you stagger & ladder them along? And would it be best to continue with main to say CP160 and then go to Alts or park the Level 50 and get another one up so I have two sources of CP's? Thanks again...

• sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I strongly suggest getting to 160 cp (max gear lvl) at first.
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Champion Point system is one of the most ridiculous leveling systems I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with. Clearly, the developers had no clue how to design a game for future growth and this was their solution.

Which, by the way, they're getting ready to revamp, so at this point, I would not work on alts until the changes have been implemented.

First and foremost: you want to get at least one character to CP160 ASAP, as this is the minimum required to get the best gear in the game.

Your alts will automatically hit CP160 once they hit 50 because of one character.

The issue is going to be managing those CP points moving on, and having alts will allow you to get the CP630 (soon, currently 600) which you can then use with all your characters.

Here's what I'd recommend:
    Get your alts to level 49 (close to 50), then immediately stop playing them.

Get one character to at least CP160, but preferably CP200. Once you get there, put the character aside.

Using your first alt, get to level 50, which will convert to the CP level of your main. Take advantage of the exp buff and get as much CP as you can until it wears off. Put this character aside.

Use the second alt to continue, which will start off with CP from the first two. Repeat with other alts.

As I said, it's an atrocious system.

Good luck!

Edited by Violynne on May 27, 2017 1:52PM
  • kehatchb16_ESO
    I have a similar question. I have a NB at level 44, but to be honest I don't love the character. How much does the CP help in leveling alts? Is it better to get a bunch of CP points first before starting the new character to ease the trip to 50?

If I am going to stick with the NB any tips on where to best level? I feel incredibly weak coming back compared to everyone else around me. I have started playing the Morrowind content and that has been okay, in large part due to all of the other players around. But I was thinking about Brotherhood, Thieves Guild, or some of the other content.
  • AnnieBeGood
    AnnieBeGood
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have a similar question. I have a NB at level 44, but to be honest I don't love the character. How much does the CP help in leveling alts? Is it better to get a bunch of CP points first before starting the new character to ease the trip to 50?

If I am going to stick with the NB any tips on where to best level? I feel incredibly weak coming back compared to everyone else around me. I have started playing the Morrowind content and that has been okay, in large part due to all of the other players around. But I was thinking about Brotherhood, Thieves Guild, or some of the other content.

If you don't love it, why you playing it? Games are meant to be enjoyed, so roll an alt. try them out and find one you do love. You don't have to delete it, you can go back. But if it is no fun there seems very little point in playing it.
    Gulrosa V160 Templar -healer and master crafter
    Annie Spaceshifter V160 magica NB - just a thieving assassin, now retired
    Katerina - 'Daedric Annie' - V160 Stamina DK - now bank alt, wardrobe mistress
    Anni Bee - Vet 160Templar - pvp magica templar - Daedric Lord Slayer
    Lily Malone - stam sorc - pve goddess
    Rey of Jakku Plain - Vet 160 - magica templar dd
    Savanna - magica warden, still learning to play
    and several babies...... learning to ride
    EU server, pc and All for the Pact
    Alith, the best guild in the EU
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The extra xp you get every day (enlightenment) is only when earning champions points. Your alts will not get this until 50 also and earning champions points for your entire account. So they get NO bonus xp ubtil they themselves are champion point rank.

Get to 160 so you can start getting end game gear. Monster sets from dungeons and dropped gear that you won't out level. You will get to CP 70 incredibly quick then it will drag a bit.

After hitting like CP 70 (you get 4 million enlightenment points at first), every day you will get 400k enlightenment (which is 4x XP I think) so you will earn 3-4 champions points really quick. You could work on an alt and let it build up (stacks up to 4 mil I think) and get a decent amount of levels at a time.

Keep in mind, any champion points you earn can be used on your alts even before they are level 50. So having more champion points can make levelling up alts easier and faster.