The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

New Player Looking for Build Advice

Scarar1972
Scarar1972
Soul Shriven
Hello all. I finally got around to buying this game and am hoping it will keep my attention for a while. What I am looking for is advice on a build. I believe the magic Templar build fits me best. Here is why.

I generally play solo. I understand to get the uber stuff I will need to group, but I still prefer solo play. I generally only PvE. I have played lots of MMOs so I think I have a good understanding of the mechanics of this game. So far its actually a lot easier than a lot of games I have played so I really like that.

While I generally prefer pet classes or ranged (since when your solo you tend to kite a lot) from the reading I did it sounds like magic Templar may be a great solo build. Assuming this is true, I need assistance with the build. I have looked online and there are so many different builds described. Also, it is clear that a solo build should be different from a group based build. Also, I am starting to learn that a leveling build is not going to be the same as an end game solo build. I am currently level 9 and just picked up the game yesterday so be kind with the veteran talk that I won't understand.

Thanks so much for the help. Liking what I am seeing so far.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magic Templar is a great first character. Your main attack heals you and you have Breath of Life if you ever need it.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Scarar1972
    Scarar1972
    Soul Shriven
    I would appreciate any links to leveling guides as that will help me figure out what the best skills/attributes are for me.

Thx
  • AnnieBeGood
    AnnieBeGood
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just play... you are only level 9 and honestly that's a long long way from best build. You can change attributes, skill point allocation later if you make a fatal error (fatal errors are really hard to make).

Level as many skills as you can.... level 15 means you get a second skill bar and a second weapon....

But right now just play the game.
    Gulrosa V160 Templar -healer and master crafter
    Annie Spaceshifter V160 magica NB - just a thieving assassin, now retired
    Katerina - 'Daedric Annie' - V160 Stamina DK - now bank alt, wardrobe mistress
    Anni Bee - Vet 160Templar - pvp magica templar - Daedric Lord Slayer
    Lily Malone - stam sorc - pve goddess
    Rey of Jakku Plain - Vet 160 - magica templar dd
    Savanna - magica warden, still learning to play
    and several babies...... learning to ride
    EU server, pc and All for the Pact
    Alith, the best guild in the EU