Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Treasure Maps

dueldragon
dueldragon
✭✭
Do treasures spawn without maps? Or do i need the right map to spawn that treasure?

Also, will getting metalworking to 10 as fast i can before i can actually use most of the materials will screw things up for me?
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Treasure chests that can picked spawn throughout the world that do not require a map. Then there are separate buried chests for which you need the map. In order for these to spawn, you have to be holding the map and other players can't see or grab it.

Regular chests offer lower quality items...although both kinds are mostly junk. Map chests can contain drop set pieces from that zone, malachite shards or rare drops of paintings for the houses. If you really want to go map hunting, maps can be found for very cheap in guild stores under other...trophies.

The only concern about working craft skills up fast is how it alters the node spawns. A smith node will spawn a out 50/60 according to 1. your smith rank (not level, but how many points spent in the first passive) and 2. Your character level. So, if you are a level 5 toon and have worked smithing up to 50 and spent points to make it max rank, that toon would find iron and rubedite ore nodes. So they'd only be hurt if you really wanted to farm something in the middle.

A second consideration is daily writs, which reward gold mats and other perks. These spawn for locations based on your rank in that skill. Generally it's easier to keep writs "together" if you're doing them, meaning you keep your clot, smith and wood ranks close together so that writs drop in the same zone.

But other than these minor inconveniences, you can level your trade skills as fast as you like.
  • dueldragon
    dueldragon
    ✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »
    Treasure chests that can picked spawn throughout the world that do not require a map. Then there are separate buried chests for which you need the map. In order for these to spawn, you have to be holding the map and other players can't see or grab it.

Regular chests offer lower quality items...although both kinds are mostly junk. Map chests can contain drop set pieces from that zone, malachite shards or rare drops of paintings for the houses. If you really want to go map hunting, maps can be found for very cheap in guild stores under other...trophies.

The only concern about working craft skills up fast is how it alters the node spawns. A smith node will spawn a out 50/60 according to 1. your smith rank (not level, but how many points spent in the first passive) and 2. Your character level. So, if you are a level 5 toon and have worked smithing up to 50 and spent points to make it max rank, that toon would find iron and rubedite ore nodes. So they'd only be hurt if you really wanted to farm something in the middle.

A second consideration is daily writs, which reward gold mats and other perks. These spawn for locations based on your rank in that skill. Generally it's easier to keep writs "together" if you're doing them, meaning you keep your clot, smith and wood ranks close together so that writs drop in the same zone.

But other than these minor inconveniences, you can level your trade skills as fast as you like.

Treasure chests can spawn things like motif chapters right? Or are those only normal chests throughout the world?
  • Insomnia rex
    Insomnia rex
    ✭✭✭
    I don't remember ever getting a motif from a treasure chest, maybe somebody can confirm/ correct me here? (Exception: Cyrodiil treasure maps have a good chance to drop one of the faction motifs (pact/ dominion/ covenant).) I basically just delete every treasure map right away if i's not in a zone that has a valuable set.. (f.e. I would not delete a Rivenspire map, as it may drop necropotence).

Then there is also CE treasure maps, which imho have no right of existence..
    CP630 AR20 PC EU, Alt Mag Sorc AD - Insomnicia Rex