The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Vicious Ophidian is bugged on live

• Contraptions
    Contraptions
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps there's a hidden internal cooldown that's not shown on the tooltip.
    Patroller and Editor at UESP
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    https://youtu.be/vzjQfetYLvk

@ZOS_RichLambert

I did a test as you can see here. I'm wearing nothing but 5X VO and 1X Maelstrom Bow (nothing else). There is nothing in the set's description to show there is a cooldown, but it's DEFINITELY not proccing reliably on kills.

First fight: 4X Enemies, procs 2X times.
    Second fight: 2X Enemies, procs 1X times.
    Third fight: X3 Enemies, procs 2X times.

Also, at 1:07 in the video I run by a Mudcrab, and turn around to aggro it... and it's gone. It just stopped existing. WHAT TRICKERY IS THIS?

EDIT: PC-NA, Wayrest, same exact area and same exact mobs Rich was testing on. I think the video should be enough to prove the issue exists. Attacking a single enemy doesn't show the problem as the problem has to do with mobs and/or a new hidden cooldown on the set.

nxu5UGx.png

A screenshot of my gear to show there's no question I was ONLY wearing 5X VO, 1X Maelstrom bow for testing.

EDIT 2: A0jgQlk.png
    Using the Blade of Woe (which does kill enemies) grants Quick Serpent, but not the stamina recovery.Not the same issue, but it does show that the it's not applying equally when an enemy dies in all situations.
    Edited by Preyfar on May 26, 2017 5:19PM
  • FlyLionel
    FlyLionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can you guys provide screenshots? Super bummy about this.

Edit: Nvm ty @Preyfar
    Edited by FlyLionel on May 26, 2017 4:21PM
    The Flyers
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BohnT wrote: »
    KingJ wrote: »
    @ZOS_RichLambert
    Just tested it again. Theswarming mudcrabs in fungal1 don't give any resources back, also there seems to be a small cooldown when i kill several Mobs in under 1 sec.
    Other than that it works fine, sry for claiming it too fast to be generally bugged
    @BohnT did you get Stam back when killing a player?

New test with updated cls showed me that it does refund Stamina on enemy Players killed. Other than that it still doesn't restore resources for mor than one enemy if you kill them at the same time
    Thank you and hopefully they fix that not working on group of enemies suck.
  • ZOS_RichLambert
    ZOS_RichLambert
    Creative Director
    Ah ok, this makes more sense now. This set has always had a 1 second internal cooldown on the resource return. We will look into clarifying that on the tooltip in the future.

I'm not sure how it's supposed to interact wtih blade of woe, but if you get XP for a kill, you should get the buff/resource restore. Will have to follow up with the team.

Thanks for digging into this more everyone - double thanks to @Preyfar and @BohnT for the deep dive to suss out the core issue(s).
    Rich Lambert
    Creative Director - The Elder Scrolls Online
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube
    Staff Post
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ah ok, this makes more sense now. This set has always had a 1 second internal cooldown on the resource return. We will look into clarifying that on the tooltip in the future.

I'm not sure how it's supposed to interact wtih blade of woe, but if you get XP for a kill, you should get the buff/resource restore. Will have to follow up with the team.

Thanks for digging into this more everyone - double thanks to @Preyfar and @BohnT for the deep dive to suss out the core issue(s).

@ZOS_RichLambert can you confirm if briarheart has the same 1 sec internal cooldown has for the heal on critical strikes?
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_RichLambert can you confirm if briarheart has the same 1 sec internal cooldown has for the heal on critical strikes?
    I think a lot of sets have internal cool downs, but they're not listed. I was heavily testing Winterborn back in the day because I wanted that set to work so badly. All I've ever wanted was for an awesome frost DPS build, but Winterborn didn't proc right. It felt like like there was an internal cooldown which prevented it from proccing based on its crit chance alone. It's hard to tell as a lot of sets feel like there's a cooldown, some longer than others. This at least confirms that suspicion.
  • Kammakazi
    Kammakazi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you want a set that restores resources per kill with no cooldown: Vengeance Leech.
  • jkolb2030
    jkolb2030
    ✭✭✭
    Kammakazi wrote: »
    If you want a set that restores resources per kill with no cooldown: Vengeance Leech.

True, but this restore is also kind of delayed I've found... You get a weird animation around your character after the kill, and then the restore - that animations is likely the same internal cooldown VO has.

Briarhearts cooldown is listed in the set... when it procs it lasts for 10seconds, but the proc can only happen every 15seconds. There can't be an internal cooldown for a set that has cooldown duration... I don't think anyway, it wouldn't make much sense.

EDIT: unless you're talking about the cooldown on the actual HEAL from the crits... Then I would be curious as well!
    Edited by jkolb2030 on May 26, 2017 8:57PM
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    @ZOS_RichLambert
    Just tested it again. Theswarming mudcrabs in fungal1 don't give any resources back, also there seems to be a small cooldown when i kill several Mobs in under 1 sec.
    Other than that it works fine, sry for claiming it too fast to be generally bugged

It always had a cooldown of 1s. Well "always", that internal cooldown got added in Dark Brotherhood or somewhen close to that DLC.

Edited by Alcast on May 27, 2017 12:37AM
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It has CD, unarguably. And sadly.