Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Hods do i make a living in eso ?

Psycrow
Psycrow
✭✭
Hi

I have been looking on guides and youtube and what not..to see how the hell i make some gold in this game

Fishing i only cought crap
Farming world bosses only dropped horse ***

So how do i get ritch in this game ?

Im clueless here ?!
  • Malic
    Malic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Psycrow wrote: »
    Hi

I have been looking on guides and youtube and what not..to see how the hell i make some gold in this game

Im clueless here ?!

Farm resource nods, when you get gold temper drops sell them.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thieving low level is quite productive, do a sweep of a town and master boxes, sell it all.

Farm nodes / tempers

Farm gear and sell good traits. 1 Sharp sword can make you 2-300k in the right set.

Daily writs good too. Selling master writs etc.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • FastBen
    FastBen
    ✭✭✭
    Well, it will not happen for a day so more patience is needed. Earning money in ESO is a long-term investment.

From my experience crafting is the best way for earning gold in the game. Selling crafted sets, crafting writs and gold resource nods is the best way.
    But as I said investment and patience is needed to level up a crafter. Well it is not hard, but still won’t happen for a day.
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi

Im clueless here ?!

You sound like you are off to a bad start. You make it worse by watching videos and looking at out of date guides.

Just starting out, making gold should not be your goal.

You make more gold, from quests and mobs, the higher level your character is. The expenses also increase. A quest that gives 30 gold to my level 10 gives 300 gold to my level 50.

If your goal is to be rich, you have to not worry about making money. Oh, and .. you most likely will not have the most gold. One of my guidlies can make 29K an hour.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • OldGamerESO
    OldGamerESO
    ✭✭✭
    Join guilds with a Guild Store. Get Master Merchant, Tamriel Trade Center and Awesome Guild Store addons. Keep all 30 selling slots filled at all times in at least 3 guilds (thats 90 slots). Sell overland sets with good traits, sell materials from gathering, sell writs from dailies. Sell motifs, recipes, glyphs, etc.

BTW I never, ever "farm". I just play the game leveling alts, gathering sky shards, questing, exploring, achievements, etc. I loot everything and when my 180 slots are full I summon my merchant, sell all white and green trash. Then I summon my bank guy and dump everything else there. Later in town I decon everything that isn't work selling and then dump rest into guild stores. I make 200k a week with minimal effort.
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you don't want to (or can't) find a trading guild, I recommend thievery. My thief makes 15-20k per day in about an hour's work. It's a not going to make you a multi-millionaire unless you have all your characters doing the rounds every day, but just one hour thieving per day does the trick for just about every gold sink in the game excepting the Notable mansions.

Note that this can get very grindy, though, especially if you don't enjoy doing it. It's very much "farming" to log in and do this for an hour a day. So if you don't have fun with legerdemain? Yeah, find a trade guild and start selling things to players instead of NPCs.
    Edited by BlackSparrow on May 26, 2017 1:33PM
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tip #1: Don´t take suggestions from the forums. People won´t share the best tips here. Only commons ones that doesn´t make a lot of gold.....

Find something to exploit and take advantage of it (how most players gets super rich, kappa)
  • Psycrow
    Psycrow
    ✭✭
    And what are these nodes ?

Do i need a mod addon ??

How do i see tehse nodes

• NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hodors Hods indeed
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do dungeons and sell every piece of gear green tier and below (barring non intricates), you would be surprised how quick that adds up.
  • OldGamerESO
    OldGamerESO
    ✭✭✭
    And what are these nodes ?

Do i need a mod addon ??

How do i see tehse nodes

A "resource node" is just a fancy name for ore, plants, wood and runes you can gather. There is an addon called Harvest Map that will track these "nodes" so you can find them again. When you refine your materials you can get gold upgrades: tempers, etc that you can use or sell. With all the perks you can get 1 gold upgrade every 200-300 ore.

Going out for efficient gathering runs is "farming" though, so you would have to ask yourself if you want to do that for an hour versus other things that make money. Most people really don't like doing that. You can also wear a full purple prosperous trait set and go farm Imperials in a public dungeon and just make cash that way.
  • OldGamerESO
    OldGamerESO
    ✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Tip #1: Don´t take suggestions from the forums. People won´t share the best tips here. Only commons ones that doesn´t make a lot of gold.....

Find something to exploit and take advantage of it (how most players gets super rich, kappa)

I think usually people don't mind sharing information on this topic. Assuming you didn't mean an illegal exploit, then there are not a lot "secret" OP money making techniques. Basically you can spend an hour and doing, say 25, different money making techniques. People gravitate to doing what they like to do. Some people want to farm motifs because they like camping a spot in some cave for an hour. Some like to run prosperous gear and wrack up the body count collecting gold. Some people like to find a locked-zone-quest location and farm fast spawning mobs for gear to sell. Other still would prefer thieving or crafting writs or farming Tel Var in IC for Hejeiko's. It is endless.

Almost ALL of the endless options for money making can be paired with selling on the guild stores since that is substantial passive income that works for you while you sleep.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recommend stealing as it can be done at low level, find an area like docks where its few npc and lots of containers, steal from them, the standard white treasure is 40 gold, you also find 100 and 250 gold items, weapons and other gear you can sell also recipes and blueprints you can sell in guild store.
    Update ledgerman so you can steal 120 items. You will get over 5K gold each day. You want to launder and not sell the blue recipes and blueprints as you sell them to guild stores. MM is nice to find the actual sales value.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some good tips here (also some silly ones). There's no one best way to make gold, and it takes time to get a big bank. The most valuable items are always rare items sold in guild stores. Go to a busy place like Wayrest or Reapers...wheremthe best stores are. Look at those guilds highest-priced items. Find some that you can farm....farm a stockpile...then join a guild with a trader and start selling.

For new players, I find motifs to be ideal. There are 20 styles in the game with 14 purple motif pages, each which sell for $10k-$100k depending on rarity. Look at the prices of these in guild stores, then look up how/where spendy ones drop. Then farm for them. When you get a stock, join a guild with a trader (expect to pay $5k-$10k per week for selling privileges.)

I have several routes I've done at various times. If you have thieves and dark brotherhood, I used to do the daily in dark brotherhood for a shot at a motif, then the thieves repeatable for a shot at an abahs watch motif, then the thieves daily for a shot at a thieves guild motif. I'd also make $3-$5k from the stealing and quests. I'd get a motif most days...so it doesn't take long to build up a motif supply to sell. Other farms might include Gold Coast world boss dailies, wrothgar world boss and delve dailies, etc.