The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Zerg Scrolls Online

Vapirko
Vapirko
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Didn't think it could get any worse, but Cyrodiil is officially nothing but zergs. Mag sorcs, wardens and bomblades make up the majority of builds. I've had 3 people stack destro ultis on me. I was alone. And don't get me wrong I can still get the kills, In fact people are easier to take down that ever except for the people who are always good. All in all I'd say Cyro is nowhere near balanced, further away from balanced that last patch.
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Alliance army vs alliance army vs alliance army like the game was advertised as and you think it is bad?

This game is not pvp in cyrodiil is AvAvA I don't like it either but that's what it is, hard to complain about "zergs" being in an area that they are suppose to be in.
    Edited by FloppyTouch on May 25, 2017 9:52AM
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you don't like fighting zergs, or playing in one, that's what BGs are for.

Sadly, with alliances you have 2-300 players (not sure on Cyrodiil numbers at present) they are going to naturally migrate to large groups because that is where they are safest. :)
    @Nermy
    Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can go to an empty campaign repairing walls and questing for a little bit of AP. Or you can join a massive Zerg in main campaign and take keeps and resources, get kills make tons of AP

You can do it is all up to you uhm Kay
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Erm... yeah as everyone else has said you joined a game about open alliance battlefields with massive armies and didn't expect zergs?
    Cyrodiil is as close to a sandbox battleground as you can get in a themepark MMO meaning there are no rules or fair rights. Solo or small gang PvP in this environment is about the skill of avoiding being zerged as much as it is about getting kills.

At least the game offers battlegrounds now for small scale team based PvP.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Erm... yeah as everyone else has said you joined a game about open alliance battlefields with massive armies and didn't expect zergs?
    Cyrodiil is as close to a sandbox battleground as you can get in a themepark MMO meaning there are no rules or fair rights. Solo or small gang PvP in this environment is about the skill of avoiding being zerged as much as it is about getting kills.

Didn't buy Morrowind, waiting till it comes out on sale or something. But from what I hear bgs are at least as cancerous as cyrodiil. And I'm not complaining about zergs per say. I'm a part of them myself from time to time. Nothing wrong with some zerg on zerg keep battles. But it's been the general trend in cyro that more and more there is no other type of fighting and the "balance" is such that it rewards giant groups of noobs running bomb builds and ranged spam. It's not their fault, I get it, pvp is brutally frustrating and takes a long time to get the hang of it. And with the recent changes it's even harder for noobs to stay alive. ZOS has forced the game in this direction. And you have to understand these are tightly knit groups of players moving about like a school of fish doing nothing more than spamming certain abilities and dropping ultis. And ZOS took away the solo players ability to hold of large groups by nerfing heavy armor into the ground. I'm not Fengrush or Kodi, for the average player that strives to be better but can't 1v10, it sucks. And this type of play is a direct result of the changes to the game and has gotten steadily worse.
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly,

I haven't had this much fun in Cyrodiil since the 1.x days. they finally for the most part got the CP System right and need to leave it alone...hear that ZOS? NO MORE MESSING WITH THE CHAMPION SYSTEM YOU FINALLY GOT IT RIGHT, LEAVE IT BE! DON'T FIX WHAT ISN'T BROKE!

Good job on that.

@Minno and myself have been able to find some quality 2v2 and 2v3 fights in Vivec on PC-NA that were nothing short of fun. We won some, lost a few, but the fights themselves were fun and were against quality opponents...we remarked how it seems were not the only ones who prefer Cyrodiil over BG at the present time.

I am also glad that those who prefer the structured numbers limited 4 man pvp are also getting what they want in BG's

I am ok fighting outnumbered at times, I like the unpredictability of Cyrodiil and its more friendly to solo players. You don't have to be part of a group to find fights and have fun in Cyrodiil....lots of other solo players to fight....overall ZOS did a lot right with their changes to CP and stuff this patch concerning Cyrodiil
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Adernath
    Adernath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is

ZvZvZ
    (Zerg vs. Zerg vs Zerg)

and sometimes

ZzZzZ
    (infinite loading screen)

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Turelus wrote: »

Didn't buy Morrowind, waiting till it comes out on sale or something. But from what I hear bgs are at least as cancerous as cyrodiil. And I'm not complaining about zergs per say. I'm a part of them myself from time to time. Nothing wrong with some zerg on zerg keep battles. But it's been the general trend in cyro that more and more there is no other type of fighting and the "balance" is such that it rewards giant groups of noobs running bomb builds and ranged spam. It's not their fault, I get it, pvp is brutally frustrating and takes a long time to get the hang of it. And with the recent changes it's even harder for noobs to stay alive. ZOS has forced the game in this direction. And you have to understand these are tightly knit groups of players moving about like a school of fish doing nothing more than spamming certain abilities and dropping ultis. And ZOS took away the solo players ability to hold of large groups by nerfing heavy armor into the ground. I'm not Fengrush or Kodi, for the average player that strives to be better but can't 1v10, it sucks. And this type of play is a direct result of the changes to the game and has gotten steadily worse.
    The issue is people seem to want to be able to solo entire raids or large groups which isn't really intended.
    Personally for me after about five or six players you shouldn't be able to solo a group or hold your own any more as the damage incoming should out match what can be tanked.

I come from a PvP background in EVE Online. When doing solo or small group roams in that we would often go into enemy space and meet the blob (EVE term for a zerg) however it was recognised that part of the skill was being able to disengage from a fight and get yourself or your fleet away safely, maybe some kills in the process.

As I said everyone in ESO seems to want to be able to do brawler style 1vX and not get nuked down by superior numbers.
    Solo and small scale is about skirmishing when you face superior opponents.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Didn't think it could get any worse, but Cyrodiil is officially nothing but zergs. Mag sorcs, wardens and bomblades make up the majority of builds. I've had 3 people stack destro ultis on me. I was alone. And don't get me wrong I can still get the kills, In fact people are easier to take down that ever except for the people who are always good. All in all I'd say Cyro is nowhere near balanced, further away from balanced that last patch.

Yesterday I logged in with my mDK, that I've been preparing last month. At the beggining it was nice to destroy marsorcs using my own skill, but later started the problem: weaklings joined forces into zerg balls. Then the game became impossible (lag + zergs)

I do appreciate the attempt done by ZoS to make the game more oriented to skil, but saddly, this has only increased the tendency of people stacking into zerg balls (spamming AoE heals and dmg skills)
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Airyus
    Airyus
    ✭✭✭
    Pvp is the best it's been in a long time. Bg's are buggy because of group q issues but that's expected at launch I anticipate and hope bgs will be better. Just enjoy what works and bring a friend or 10

Also small scale in cyro is still very viable just gotta know when not to bite off more than you can chew
    Edited by Airyus on May 25, 2017 7:15PM
  • Floki_Vilgerdarson
    Floki_Vilgerdarson
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did OP just try PvP for the first time?

• apostate9
    apostate9
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So you walk around alone in a war simulator. Got it.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Large scale battles are fine with me (it's war after all...show me a time in history where outnumbering and overwhelming your enemy wasn't the first and foremost strategy, lol)

What I don't like is that way the game encourages larger and larger zergs at the expense of the rest of the map. In my campaign (PS4 na Scourge), when traffic is "medium" we get good groups...some really fun 30v30 keep battles. But when traffic is very high, people don't split into three major battles...they all pile into one mega-Zerg. It's not very fun, especially with the resulting lag and crashes.

It's not easy to think up ways to spread people out...I've often come up with ideas, sometimes I post polls, and people aren't big fans of most any idea that'd break up zergs. For example, reduced dps as your teams numbers exceed thresholds on enemy keep properties...very unpopular idea. Reduced AP for captures, not unlike group AP for kills or xp...very unpopular. Allow a small number of defenders through even after a ping...not very well received. Ranged methods to destroy siege...people didn't like that.

I think the game is amazing, and the map has huge possibilities for a full scale war with multiple keep battles occurring regularly. Sometimes this happens. But usually it's loops between a few keeps with zergs running back and forth.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did OP just try PvP for the first time?

Nope. I'm not a veteran by any means, been around or about 6 months now playing most days at least for a while. As I said I don't have a problem with large scale battles. But I do think that since Morrowind dropped there has been a marked increase in zerg bomb groups. If I come across a line player, 80% of the time they drop in a dizzying swing LA execute. Everyone is squishy and more so to people who have just started. And I think because it's more difficult to play now more people are going the zerg bomb route. Not good natured big keep battles but just groups looking to zerg down a few players at a time and scatter at the first sign of even numbers.
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zergs are strangely predictable things, it is like when you get enough people together and you put markers on the map you just know where they are going to be without any need for organisation at all.

Grab a group of players, best through a guild, with about 8-12 players minmium and get organised.

Zergs are predicatable you know where they are going to be... don't be there, be somewhere else.. even if it a loooong ride away. You can manipulate the zerg as well, you can bring them to you helping the other side of the map.

You are playing a huge game of chess as the pawn. Sometimes you are going to die and it is about dieing in the right place at the right time. You took 3 destructo ulti good news! you probably saved the lives of at least three other people. That is the real skill in cryodil its not a *** duel.
    Edited by Narvuntien on May 26, 2017 6:14AM
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    apostate9 wrote: »

So you walk around alone in a war simulator. Got it.

Haven't you heard? That's how we do it in 'Merica.
    wee.gif?w=480&h=480&fit=clip
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual