The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

These assets are gorgeous

Recremen
Recremen
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Y'all artists make it look like a whole new game! Really stunning stuff, I tell you what. I'm especially impressed at the blending of old themes from TES3, like the weird stylistic religious banners and the new take on the statue of Vivek murdering a giant shalk! Those were some absolutely iconic pieces for me back in the day and their re-imagining/preserving of key aesthetic themes is truly remarkable!!
Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dude, I went into a tomb that I think might be for a quest or something - cuz there wasn't much in it when I went there - and it was like 80% submerged. So I enter and there's this gentle, teal light reflecting off the ceiling and it was SO PRETTY.

As someone who appreciates the alien flora and fauna of Morrowind, it's nice to have it in an arguably lush place, too. Stonefalls is cool, but I like the distinct lack of fire-and-brimstone climes on the lower half of the island.

AND THE MUSIC. @SoundMaster you (and your team?) outdid yourself on this one. The new boss combat theme, the ambiance with the strings, general reshuffling of music in the vanilla zones - still haven't heard The Road Most Traveled yet, but I only got to spend like an hour on the island last night, so I might find it later. ...please tell me I'll find it. I promised you cookies.

Overall, I'm really impressed with how pretty and aesthetically pleasing it is. It was clearly a labor of love.
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »
    Y'all artists make it look like a whole new game! Really stunning stuff, I tell you what. I'm especially impressed at the blending of old themes from TES3, like the weird stylistic religious banners and the new take on the statue of Vivek murdering a giant shalk! Those were some absolutely iconic pieces for me back in the day and their re-imagining/preserving of key aesthetic themes is truly remarkable!!

I hope this works out for you. Everytime I tell someone they have great assets, they slap me.
  • Miaura
    Miaura
    ✭✭✭
    I agree :) Everything looks so beautifull!
    Running around Vivec at the moment and cant stop admiring the interiors and furnishings , as an old Morrowind player I had a funny first impression (allready when saw them 1st time on the PTS in the beta) "wow, what a beautifull Vivec retexture " :).
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dude, I went into a tomb that I think might be for a quest or something - cuz there wasn't much in it when I went there - and it was like 80% submerged. So I enter and there's this gentle, teal light reflecting off the ceiling and it was SO PRETTY.

As someone who appreciates the alien flora and fauna of Morrowind, it's nice to have it in an arguably lush place, too. Stonefalls is cool, but I like the distinct lack of fire-and-brimstone climes on the lower half of the island.

AND THE MUSIC. @SoundMaster you (and your team?) outdid yourself on this one. The new boss combat theme, the ambiance with the strings, general reshuffling of music in the vanilla zones - still haven't heard The Road Most Traveled yet, but I only got to spend like an hour on the island last night, so I might find it later. ...please tell me I'll find it. I promised you cookies.

Overall, I'm really impressed with how pretty and aesthetically pleasing it is. It was clearly a labor of love.

I always wonder how they get the music together for the big pieces. Like, do they call up their local chapter of the Screen Actor's Guild or something and say "Hey yeah I'm gonna need like, a 30-person choir, yesterday". It must be so cool to be involved in something like that.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Loves_guars
    Loves_guars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope this works out for you. Everytime I tell someone they have great assets, they slap me.

Honestly, what the hell, I'm starting to feel there's people with a dark agenda here. While I understand players being upset about combat changes, when they try to bring you down because you are enjoying the expansion it gets... obscure lol.

Anyway I agree with OP. ;)
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Honestly, what the hell, I'm starting to feel there's people with a dark agenda here. While I understand players being upset about combat changes, when they try to bring you down because you are enjoying the expansion it gets... obscure lol.

Huh? Im like a little ray of sunshine, coming through the window and warming people's.... uhh... Assets?
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They were making a joke about... ahhh...

yknow...

assets.

:wink:

In which I have to agree, like I suggested previously. Morrowind really does have lovely tracts of land.
  • Jollygoodusername
    Jollygoodusername
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like Arizona or perhaps Australia? OTIRz9b.png
    Some ancient ruins of a forgotten peoples... fIHKt66.png

• cyx54tc
    cyx54tc
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like Arizona or perhaps Australia? OTIRz9b.png
    Some ancient ruins of a forgotten peoples... fIHKt66.png

if that's the beautiful assets we are talking about then........sry I have to disagree
  • Loves_guars
    Loves_guars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They were making a joke about... ahhh...

yknow...

assets.

:wink:

In which I have to agree, like I suggested previously. Morrowind really does have lovely tracts of land.

:hushed: ... I GET IT NOW. I got so triggered. hahaha, ty.
  • ZOS_SoundMaster
    ZOS_SoundMaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    still haven't heard The Road Most Traveled yet, but I only got to spend like an hour on the island last night, so I might find it later. ...please tell me I'll find it. I promised you cookies.

you owe me cookies :)
    Brad Derrick
    Audio Director / Composer
    Staff Post
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    still haven't heard The Road Most Traveled yet, but I only got to spend like an hour on the island last night, so I might find it later. ...please tell me I'll find it. I promised you cookies.

you owe me cookies :)

I do! I heard it! Only once but I did!

If you work at ZOS HQ directly I will legitimately send cookies there for you. Otherwise I have to go through the awkward process of asking for your address.
  • MarkusLiberty
    MarkusLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The assets are amazing, I'm impressed by how well they were able to take the old Morrowind architecture and make it look detailed and interesting. I'm such a big fan of the Zenimax arts department, I love you guys!
    *Special Snowflake*

• NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The first feedback I sent on PTS was to say what an awesome job the art department did. Exceptional work. And the story is engaging; I was actually listening to the dialog and waiting for all the NPCs to to their scene.

My only beef is with how overblown neon the Warden effects are, but I guess that's a personal taste thing. I don't like the Dro'Mathra Senche either.

I play with music off but all the gushing about the music... I might have to turn it on for a while.
  • WalksonGraves
    WalksonGraves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those screenshots look like a 2000's wip indie game about cars.
  • ZOS_SoundMaster
    ZOS_SoundMaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    > If you work at ZOS HQ directly I will legitimately send cookies there for you.

LOL, that's alright - I'm just glad you dig it. :)

Besides, there's an enormous (but now nearly empty) tin of homemade cookies on my desk right now, courtesy of the audio programmer. The thought of *more* cookies has me turning green a little bit...
    Brad Derrick
    Audio Director / Composer
    Staff Post
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    The first feedback I sent on PTS was to say what an awesome job the art department did. Exceptional work. And the story is engaging; I was actually listening to the dialog and waiting for all the NPCs to to their scene.

My only beef is with how overblown neon the Warden effects are, but I guess that's a personal taste thing. I don't like the Dro'Mathra Senche either.

I play with music off but all the gushing about the music... I might have to turn it on for a while.

Same, but I turned it on just for questing in Morrowind.

Cracking job both audio and visually.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    > If you work at ZOS HQ directly I will legitimately send cookies there for you.

Besides, there's an enormous (but now nearly empty) tin of homemade cookies on my desk right now, courtesy of the audio programmer. The thought of *more* cookies has me turning green a little bit...

Okay but if you come to PAX East one of these years I'll get you a nice cookie. Deal?

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Challenge accepted. :)
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit looks forward to the music being available through as many outlets as possible yes.

Having the music is most helpful when compiling films of adventures in Tamriel because then the grouchy bots do not pick it up as being a copyright infringement yes.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    (CEO - Beetroll Studios)
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Galwylin
    Galwylin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have taken the base game and pushed it just little bit more here. Delves aren't just caves but growth everywhere. Its much more better looking in general than I've been used to. And I haven't noticed a sameness yet well besides their are plants everywhere. But not noticed the same rock or tree. Of course the music is wonderful. I've been playing at twice the volume lately. It seems they just took everything they knew how to do before and pushed themselves. Visually and musically, the game feels better than before and I thought it looked pretty good then.

Great work.