The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Give us 1 Serious Campaign Please!

Crom_CCCXVI
Crom_CCCXVI
✭✭✭✭✭
I get it, the One Tamriel, and I don't think the designers ever grasped the PvP game that brought people like myself and my giuild coming back.
The game was great because we hated our enemies. We knew them, we wanted to beat them, we want to control the map. We got to know their names, we knew who they ran with, how they played... great rivalries make for great games.

Now, a guy is on red one moment, switches to yellow the next, to blue a second later. Aside from making every exploit ridiculiously easier, filling the chats with trolls, obliterating any resemblences of integrity in an emperor bid..... allowing players to switch alliance in the same campaign in my opinion has already devalued Cyrodil, and is only getting worse. I could go into more detail about the exploits, the organized dumping of the map, the sometimes totally toxic trolling... but you already have a forum full of it.

Can we have one campaign where players have to commit to an alliance please, and can't swap between toons and alliances? The game used to be like this, and PvP was much more intense and meaningful- For hardcore PvPers like myself it's really dissapointing to see a game I never saw myself really leaving as long as their was good competion in Cyrodil.

I know there will be some hate from the Kevin Durant generation, but for those of us from the Michael Jordan generation .... it would really be appreciated if there was at least still one server where people could show pride in their alliance. I know it would be the only one I would play, even if I was gated.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know this could happen before right? You just had to have someone queue you into the campaign as you couldn't home it with multiples.

Also ZOS don't care, the idea of faction loyalty is gone from Cyrodiil. Unless they make a system where you sign a guild up to a faction and it locks/penalises other factions then I don't see a way around this.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sadly, I knew faction loyalty was never going to be a thing when they announced you would be able to play any race in any faction by preordering the game. Add to that the allowing of chatting between factions, the ability to travel to other faction zones etc.

It all makes for a good pve environement, but terrible RvR / AvA experience.
    Eso is never going to take the path of faction pride, so play it for what it is :)
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• makeumrage
    makeumrage
    ✭✭✭
    I could care less about mixed races but boy would I LOVE A LOVKED FACTION CAMPAIGN. Where players didnt recieve any ap for just kills even. Where the sole purpose was winning and capturing the objectoves.

Makeum Rage, subscriber since xbox one release!!!!
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would love a campaign like this, and I also would like one that does not allow 100 players vs 10 players.

Loyality and population balance sounds awesome.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Whiteout55
    Whiteout55
    ✭✭
    This makes me miss the good ol days of DAoC :(
    Also I agree with the original post but no idea how they could implement it now.
  • AbraXuSeXile
    AbraXuSeXile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Merge campaign scores together bam
    AbraXuS
    Grand Overlord Rank 50 [First EU]
    Clan Leader of eXile
    Gaming Community - Est. 1999
    Crashing an EP Wedding | DK Emp | 1vX | Between Enemy Lines | Hate Video | 5 v Many

• Stratforge
    Stratforge
    ✭✭✭✭

I know there will be some hate from the Kevin Durant generation, but for those of us from the Michael Jordan generation ....

lmao *jerk off motion until my hand falls off*
    PC NA
    Xbox One NA (retired)
  • Jawasa
    Jawasa
    ✭✭✭
    I realy like the merge campingen scores idea!
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -No CP- is and has always been the only serious PvP campaign.
  • kuro-dono
    kuro-dono
    ✭✭✭✭
    serious campaign also should have no ap gain from kills. then it would be true serious ava campaign, instead of farmville.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS would need to make 3 'serious' campaigns, otherwise people would not be able to play their other faction characters on the 'serious' campaign. Of course, those 3 campaigns would just turn into emp farming campaigns for the larger guilds.
  • Kungfu
    Kungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bring back faction loyalty please
  • Heruthema
    Heruthema
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it has been one of the worst decisions ZOS has made. It has turned campaigns into nothing but an AP farming fest. Take all or a lot of keeps as one faction and switch sides and take them back. It has allowed large guilds to jump whenever they want and completely change the course of the campaign.
    ZOS needs to go back to the way it used to be. If you start a campaign as EP, AD or DC you can not play another faction in that campaign until it is over. Next campaign change factions if you want to but not during the campaign.
  • ViciousBunnii
    ViciousBunnii
    ✭✭✭
    It's crazy how some will switch alliances. Just saw someone do it last night while I was playing. He was on my team one minute, the next, I was fighting against him at a keep. Very odd, felt like he betrayed our alliance (lol). Honestly, as soon as I stepped in to fight for DC, I knew it was my home. I will never switch alliances. I would feel weird if I did.

With that said, I would LOVE a locked campaign. I would love to play with people who is actually loyal to their alliance.
    PC/NA

Forever salty about the Shadow Rider Senche
  • Avaglaor
    Avaglaor
    ✭✭✭
    Alliance loyalty is one thing and I agree, another thing is the Guards and Keeps difficulty...

Make Guard and walls/doors 20x stronger (even more), give the ability to the guards to even take back the home keeps when your alliance has low population.

No one is playing for the campaign in EU now days, we have decent fights at the prime time but there is a "fake" AD win for the CP campaign (AD morning capping) and a "fake" EP win for the non CP campaign (EP morning capping), that all it needs is one group of 10-15 players that can play at 6-7am.

They are painting the map with their alliance's color and give easy 400-500 points until the players of the enemy alliance wake up and start getting the keeps back.

If ZoS take a look in the EU scores atm they will understand that their system is not working, so yes its all about AP farming...
  • Pirhana7_ESO
    Pirhana7_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get it, the One Tamriel, and I don't think the designers ever grasped the PvP game that brought people like myself and my giuild coming back.
    The game was great because we hated our enemies. We knew them, we wanted to beat them, we want to control the map. We got to know their names, we knew who they ran with, how they played... great rivalries make for great games.

Now, a guy is on red one moment, switches to yellow the next, to blue a second later. Aside from making every exploit ridiculiously easier, filling the chats with trolls, obliterating any resemblences of integrity in an emperor bid..... allowing players to switch alliance in the same campaign in my opinion has already devalued Cyrodil, and is only getting worse. I could go into more detail about the exploits, the organized dumping of the map, the sometimes totally toxic trolling... but you already have a forum full of it.

Can we have one campaign where players have to commit to an alliance please, and can't swap between toons and alliances? The game used to be like this, and PvP was much more intense and meaningful- For hardcore PvPers like myself it's really dissapointing to see a game I never saw myself really leaving as long as their was good competion in Cyrodil.

I know there will be some hate from the Kevin Durant generation, but for those of us from the Michael Jordan generation .... it would really be appreciated if there was at least still one server where people could show pride in their alliance. I know it would be the only one I would play, even if I was gated.

At this point all we can do is wait for Camelot Unchained. It will bring back the whole alliance / realm pride like DAOC had where you actually fight for your side over territory and resources and cant switch sides.
  • t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Create a factionless campaign with guild alliances instead. Have 3 to choose from like i dunno fighters guild, mages guild, thieves guild? Whole account gets locked into that campaign for the duration.