The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dear Zos....recipe drop rates.

LadyDestiny
LadyDestiny
✭✭✭✭✭
Please fix drop rate of purple provisioning recipies needed for master writs or make the stupid vouchers account bound. This is getting ridiculous. Used to get several purple recipies before homestead hit and now it's all dried up. There is no reason to cause such a shortage on these. Let people just get their stuff they need and move on. So tired of this rng and the grind to get anywhere. Wasted hours I could be enjoying the game instead of endless farming for a recipe that will neve drop. Stop being so stingy! End of rant...... :(
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm beginning to suspect that this is intended. Provisioning is not difficult to level and the ingredients aren't difficult to find (outside of Perfect Roe). I'm guessing that's also why they introduced Tier 5 writs into the top tier writ pool, so that you have even less of a chance of getting a purple recipe, since the loot table is much larger with all the CP100 recipes included.

Unfortunately, while it takes less time to get to level 50 in provisioning, it can take much longer to become a master provisioner, since in ZOS' eyes, that means knowing all purple recipes. If you rely strictly on RNG, you may never get all the recipes. And, now, with them seemingly more scarce and everyone now wants them for the MWs, the prices have gone through the roof.

I remember a time when I couldn't sell a purple recipe for very much, since no one really cared about having purple because blue food was desired for resource stacking. No one wanted to use purple. Now, no one wants to use purple, but everyone wants them for MWs.

Be consoled with the fact that provisioning MWs really don't reward much in the way of vouchers. Any purple MW is only going to give you 2 vouchers or so. Even the gold ones only give around 9-10, so those definitely aren't worth wasting 2 Perfect Roe on.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on May 24, 2017 8:46PM
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My theory is there's a control mechanism in place that only allows so many of these to drop. This is not unlike how xp gains workmin a group. If 100 people do writs in a cycle, the system drops 1 recipe for a drop,rate of 1%. If 10,000 do writs, the system is set not to flood the economy and release 100 recipes, so it only drops 10. More people get recipes, but the drop rate plummets.

Anyway, purple c150 recipes have an approximate drop rate of 1 per 1200 writs for a specific recipe (per my rough calculations in another thread). Some, like longfin pasty, are closer to 1 in 500. Malbec is more like 1 in 4,000.

As a result, the going market price on the rarer purple recipes is approx. 75,000 (PS4). Therefore, your options are:

- do writs on 6-10 characters and wait 1-2 years for a specific purple. I've received ONE Malbec doing provisioning every day on 6-10 toons.

- spend the gold to get the recipe.

- sell the stupid master writ for ~4,000 gold then buy a different master writ for a recipe you own for ~4000 gold. You're out a little cash, but at current prices it would take 200+ master writs for that recipe to break even.

Regardless, master writs are designed to be a perk for players who have spent time and gold building their characters. They don't intend for casual players to be able to complete every master writ they receive, and they compensated you by leaving them unbound.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The max voucher reward for Provisioning Writs is what ... 10 vouchers? Most are 2-5 vouchers.

Word to the wise:

Think about the reward you're getting before putting in the massive time trying to farm or purchase recipes for provisioning master writs ... especially if it doesn't contribute to the enjoyment of the game.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on May 25, 2017 1:04AM
  • xb1LL_mr_sir_LL
    xb1LL_mr_sir_LL
    ✭✭✭
    took me almost two years to collect all the recipes. dont know which recipes were rare but i was starting to think it was impossible to get them all.
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have 3 master provisioners doing writs daily. One is my main that has all recipes. Used to see purple recipe drops as rewards for the writ quite often. It's been about two months now since I have seen one. Got them quite frequently out if containers, bags and dwemer delves from urns and even delve boss drops. Now it is nothing. I feel that homestead and all the furniture designs have messed up the loot table on these. If it has been nerfed by chance, there was no reason to do this. What is there to gain by it other than making the player base frustrated like every other nerf and rng bs they pulled on us.
    Edited by LadyDestiny on May 25, 2017 7:40PM