Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Problem w/ Crafting Writs

ibtrbl2nub18_ESO
ibtrbl2nub18_ESO
Soul Shriven
I just changed from Xbox to PC. I can do the Crafting Writs on my level 24 who is my main crafter. But on my 2 level 5's since the update to Morrowind I can not get the quest to start them now. Both are certified. One is a new Warden so his skill is only 2-3 (because of the certification). While the other has been around as long as the level 24 (skill 5-12ish). The Warden I figured it was just because he just certified yesterday and couldn't remember if I could do them right after being certified so waited until today. The other I honestly figured I did them late at night the day before so figured it might have pushed into the next day...but today is day 2 and still do not get the option to start the Crafting Writs (quests). Went through the patch notes and nothing there about the level requirements except that you will unlock the skill when you go to the crafting station. They both have the skills.

I opened a Ticket on the issue but figured this will probably have more eyes on it and might point me in the right direction quicker.

Thanks for any help.
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Read the Patch Notes; they clearly say that you now need to be character level 6 to do writs.
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • Rainwhisper
    Rainwhisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ran into this as well. Missed it in the patch notes.
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ran into this as well. Missed it in the patch notes.

I suppose they were rather long and easy to miss something, but I'd have text-searched them before starting a ticket.
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • ibtrbl2nub18_ESO
    ibtrbl2nub18_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Good Call.

I didn't look the whole way through the notes and stopped after I made it down to the 1st Crafting and Economy post. I had scanned the ToC and had assumed that was the only changes.

Thanks for the reply and now it will be an easy fix to get that extra level.
  • Draeconix
    Draeconix
    ✭✭
    So I took a read of the patch notes and found this:

"Crafting Writ boards in found in Orisinium, Craglorn, and Hew’s Bane no longer claim to have quests for players lower than level six."

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/345258/pc-mac-patch-notes-v3-0-5-morrowind-update-14#latest

My Level 5 Characters never made it out of Daggerfall. So was Daggerfall writs included in a previous patch?
    Edited by Draeconix on May 27, 2017 3:27AM